making clothes in hexagon and transferring to DS4.6 HELP

AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

So, first, let me squee that I have actually made my own shirt, which I thought Id never be able to do. It was my second clothing attempt, and only my first try at an actual shirt. I'm so stoked! However...

I've hit a mogul in the road. Here's what i did.

I opened ds4.6 and turned genesis into m5.

I transferred m5 into hex.

I modelled a shirt over m5.

I transferred the shirt back into ds 4.6

Now in the first picture, you can see it on m5. Snug and nice! However, it is not fit to him. So, I used the transfer utility under assets, selecting genesis on the left, shirt on the right, and shirt for the template.

As you can see in the second picture, it somehow bumps upwards and, of course, is stuck there. It also added m5's fbms but removing those is a snap. Its still up in the air, though. What am i doing wrong and how can I fix this?

Comments

• graham jamesgraham james Posts: 44
    edited July 2013

I think it is a scaling issue because M5 is more than 100% scale.
    You could try setting M5 morph then adjust scale to 100% then send M5 to Hex.
    Move the shirt to fit the smaller M5 in Hex - may need slight scaling then send back and fit to M5 100% scale in Studio.
    After fitting and saving it should then fit M5 at his real size.

ETA I just tried this with 3 cylinders arranged in a similar fashion to a shirt and it worked

Post edited by graham james on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

You can't model to a morph of Genesis without using special transfer settings. I personally model to the base so I don't know what they are.

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

I think it is a scaling issue because M5 is more than 100% scale.
    You could try setting M5 morph then adjust scale to 100% then send M5 to Hex.
    Move the shirt to fit the smaller M5 in Hex - may need slight scaling then send back and fit to M5 100% scale in Studio.
    After fitting and saving it should then fit M5 at his real size.

ETA I just tried this with 3 cylinders arranged in a similar fashion to a shirt and it worked

you sir are a genius and an angel. Worked like a charm!!