Anyone know what this is?

This popped up and I have no idea what it means.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• AkuraAkura Posts: 41

no pic hun. we cant help without it

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited June 2018
    leo04 said:

This popped up and I have no idea what it means.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what that is about. Windows or Mac?

capture.jpg
    571 x 119 - 27K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

I've seen it periodically. You just need to log in again if you want to use Connect. You can always just select "Work Offline" on the login screen.

• It will matter only if you have, and haven't updated, any of the Connect-only encrypted content (which won't load while that warning is in effect). Non-encrypted content installed via Connect (which is everything at the moment) will still work.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited June 2018

This issue has cropped up before, and is a recurring annoyance that I have had that has persisted through multiple installations of DAZ Studio. I do not use Connect, so the fact that it is Connect triggering the popup makes it all the more annoying. I believe I know the source of the issue in my case, and it is as Richard has said: it stems from my having had the poor judgement to download a single product using Connect that happened to be encrypted during its initial release. That was two or three years ago, and I have been badgered by the popup ever since. As fastbike1 has said, logging into Connect will remove the popup, but only while you remain logged in. If you set things subsequently to work offline, the popup will return each time you reload DAZ Studio, as not having access is exactly what triggers the error. Since I do not use either Connect or DIM, I have no need or interest in being online when using Studio. So how do I fix the problem; how do I undo whatever configuration settings that were changed when I made the mistake of ever using Connect in the first place? I don't imagine deleting the offending content will by itself accomplish anything, will it? Will downloading the available DAZ Connect Offline Package and/or the DAZ Connect Offline Authorization File available for the product address the issue, or am I risking making a bad situation worse by doing so? Is there actually some user-accessible Connect configuration files or settings that I can clear, edit or delete that will make the issue go away?

Any meaningful assistance would be appreciated.

Post edited by SixDs on
  • The alert will pop-up on initial runs, unless/until you log in. It may also be triggered by system changes - for me every Windows Update seems to do it though that isn't true for everyone, so must be soemthing in my system - regardless of whether you use Connect. You can just keep dismissing it, without impacting your use of DS assuming you have no encrupted Connect-only content, or you can briefly log-in to clear it (possibly only for a while, depending on system behaviour).

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

I have Connect items and sometimes I run online but mostly offline, I have never seen that, I'm on Windows 7.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Thanks for responding, guys. I have been just dismissing it, and you are correct, Richard, that does permit me to otherwise use DAZ Studio normally. That is the reason that I have not really pursued the issue before, although I usually take an interest in any threads that crop up periodically dealing with it, in hopes that a solution is offered. For me, it is simply a persistent annoyance that I would prefer not to have, but, apparently, there is no real solution.

Thanks, again.

• leo04leo04 Posts: 312

Thanks everyone.