• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited June 2013

Me either ;)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Miss B said:

Oh you're one to talk. I look forward to your comments because they give me my required laugh of the day. ~hee, hee, hee~
    I never say anything funny intenionally. :- P
    Riiiiight. Uh huh. :-D
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Me either ;)
    I often find your posts amusing Gedd, probably for all the wrong reasons. :- )
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Szark said:
    Miss B said:

Oh you're one to talk. I look forward to your comments because they give me my required laugh of the day. ~hee, hee, hee~
    I never say anything funny intenionally. :- P

Riiiiight. Uh huh. :-D I can't believe what I write sometimes.
    edited December 1969

Finally got the Mech in a proper scene.

A Stonemason Product fest too.

Mecha_Hell_copy2.jpg
    1550 x 893 - 1M
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

I LOVED that wonderful sale, I finally managed to get hold of a few things I've been looking at *smiles warmly* Didn't got around doing a rener of them untl yesterday, when I did a render that was later merged into another one :) Originally did the render for the Morphing contest over att the Art thread, to be one of the scene images of my character Aldrak, posting both the rawrender with City Ruins 1 and the final image with the two renders I used merged together :)

Aldrak - Child of War (originally named Childhood memories part 1, since I didn't expected to post it raw *laughs* I really should know myself better)

Aldrak - Childhood Memories

aldrak_childhoodmemoriespw.jpg
    1157 x 1012 - 177K
    aldrak_childofwar.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 257K
    edited June 2013

Ok got some help and reduced the Blue more, much better IMHO. Thanks to Laticis or Bruce as I like to call him. ;- )

Mecha_Hell_copy2mod2.jpg
    1550 x 893 - 1M
    Post edited by Szark on
  • StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160
    edited December 1969

nice one Szark, lovely color work..I've been trying to get a decent render of the mech done for ages now.. just cant seem to crack a good composition

edited July 2013

Thanks...is your muse on holiday for a while, gone somewhere not so wet at this time of year. :- )

PS the image was made because I had spent a week or so setting up Uber Surfaces for the Mech and thought well I need to learn more about postwork so I will do a conventional composition. But what I prefer is to use props in unexpected situations. different from the norm. But I had to do this image to get it out of my system once and for all.

Post edited by Szark on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I can post this one here now that the contest it was done for has finished. used Jungle ruins (plus Lisab Creepier Trees)

story

I think this dream came about after having various conversations in the same day about trees, music, songs, the upcoming perigee which would give a super moon and a very exhaustive discussion about the merits of various alcoholic beverages.

So “Once in a blue moon the Tree Tenors will sing to 10 green bottles.”

Rendered in Bryce

weird_dream.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 593K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Evening Stroll was made a few years back, the other is still WIP and won't be finished for some time to come which is a mix of Urban Future 3 and 4, Urban Sprawl with a few freebies thrown in for good measure. Some Stonemason signs we remapped and some signs I made in Blender and textures home made. Still a long way to go before it is finished, printed and on my wall. Yes the alley is Jack Tomalin's Mar Souks 2012 but everything else is pretty much Stonemason. :)

How wonderfully surreal o.O

I recently picked up a whole bunch of new toys including the Rubble 3 ruins. So, as with all of my new shiny toys I included it in a render. Here's a look into the post-apocalyptic future where a man befriends a young girl who appears to be on the run from mysterious forces...

In_waiting.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 731K
    edited December 1969

chohole I knew there was a reason I missed drinking...great image.

HOF Very nice ikle pic.

Here is another.

Like my previous image this has had a lot of postwork in Photoshop but again the light rays were rendered as a layer. Again I used Stonemason’s products One Tree Hill, Castle Ruins and a bit from his Modern Ruins 1. Been wanting to do a dragon image for a while...I feel better now.

Rendered in Daz Studio 3A. Uber Environment 2 and one Uber Spot light is the only lighting. But I did render an ambient light only layer for Photoshop to brighten the shadows a touch.

The_Lair.jpg
    1120 x 1560 - 1M
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Like my previous image this has had a lot of postwork in Photoshop but again the light rays were rendered as a layer. Again I used Stonemason’s products One Tree Hill, Castle Ruins and a bit from his Modern Ruins 1. Been wanting to do a dragon image for a while...I feel better now.

Rendered in Daz Studio 3A. Uber Environment 2 and one Uber Spot light is the only lighting. But I did render an ambient light only layer for Photoshop to brighten the shadows a touch.

That's absolutely stunning, I envy your postworking skills! I've had plenty of images myself where I've composited multiple renders into one image, but my Photoshop skills are still a bit basic. I'd love to know a little about the process you go through the magic into some of your art.
  • ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

My money is on the green guy

edited July 2013

any more bets...I am giving even oddds.

HOF The is no formula just see what happens by trying different things. Have a read of this http://laticis.deviantart.com/art/LI-Post-Work-TIP-Reparing-and-Render-381558233 to give an insight on what we try and do. I spend a good few hours to days trying different things and have done so for near on 7 years using Photoshop.

Thanks for the kind comments too, very uplifting.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

They don't seem to be wanting to fight eachother though (in my eyes that is ofc course, more like they have sensed/seen a presumptive threat to their lair. But are unsure if it truly Is a threat or not, so they are just protectively prepared to strike if the need arise. That's how it looks to me *smiles*

edited December 1969

I used the dragon colours to maybe give the hint of male and female, notice one has no spines on the body and less toned?

edited December 1969

Szark said:

That's absolutely stunning, I envy your postworking skills! I've had plenty of images myself where I've composited multiple renders into one image, but my Photoshop skills are still a bit basic. I'd love to know a little about the process you go through the magic into some of your art.HoF watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIkjDLiHE3M and in the later half of the vid is what I do a lot of in Photoshop.
    edited December 1969

OOhh I have a new pic I can post in here *beams a smile*

Used City Ruins 3, with GIa (Neomi morph), David 5 (Sean skin), Fire and Smoke for Daz Studio, Tech Soldier: Special Forces and SciFi Firearms. Probably gonna take another look at this pic and do some touch ups, think it might need that... but I was tired when I did it yesterday *grins*

On Patrol

Gia - This city wouldn't be so bad, if it wasn't for those damn rats

David - Aye, but you have to admit... those rats makes for tasty burgers

Gia - Yeah, they do.. specially with garlic and some tabasco sauce

David - *raises gun and shots the rat* So... dinner at my place tonight?

onpatrol.jpg
    1200 x 1697 - 357K
  • KinichKinich Posts: 857
    edited December 1969

Here are some of my recent images using Stonemason bits, mostly these have been posted in the PC forum for various contests (no winners though), apart from the Shrooms image which was done for a colleague who is having trouble growing mushrooms, so I thought I'd show him how I manage :)

1. Apocalypse Then (PC Challenge June 2013)
    2. Blue Hunter (PC Challenge June 2013)
    3. Do Androids Dream of Electric Pleasures (PC Inspirations Contest July 10th)
    4. Shrooms

Shrooms-1-PSB-2013.jpg
    1000 x 1400 - 1M
    Do_Andoids-PSB-2013.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Blue_Hunter_-_PSB.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 615K
    Apocalypse_Then_-_PSB_sml.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 978K
    edited December 1969

Gia in the Enchanted Forest

Alluring Mist

When you walk into the enchanted forest, you might find yourself surrounded by a bluish mist. Than in the mist you will see a shape take form, showing to be a beautiful woman with a kind smile and laughing eyes sitting on a mighty stallion with eyes betraying intelligence that should not be. As the mist swirl around you, you can hear it whisper in your ear "Come with us, stay with us" and the woman reach out her hand towards you....

alluringmistpw.jpg
    1200 x 1697 - 289K
  • LundqvistLundqvist Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

With rubble 'n' ruins. :)

SO-SnipersRoad-C.jpg
    1080 x 675 - 232K
  • DavageDavage Posts: 84
    edited July 2013

Here is one featuring the Cryotube entitled "E.V.E."

Just looked at image and realized this might go against T.O.S. Although I think all the bits are pretty hard to see. If so check it out at my Deviant site.

eve_border_final_date_post_resize_2_resize_resize.jpg
    2000 x 855 - 599K
    Post edited by Davage on
  • DavageDavage Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

The Destroyer

Here's another image put together with huge props to Stonemason.

Also thanks to Smay and Deviney, I use your stuff all the time as well.

Destroyerlargetouchup_resize_2.jpg
    2000 x 750 - 2M
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Some stonemason stuff in the interirors and plants flash sale - 60% off.
    http://www.daz3d.com/stonemason?limit=64&p=1

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

I was happy to see that with a few strategic opacity settings to zero to make some sci-fi greebles invisible, the Desert Outpost can also work as a castle. A very cool set.

And Modular Ruins for the foreground.

JoyaKimberlina2web.jpg
    1285 x 1800 - 567K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

The Village Courtyard

The-New-Term3.jpg
    1800 x 1308 - 891K
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

The Village Courtyard
    gaspThat's AWESOME!

My gosh, how long did that take to set up?!

Very, very nice!

-- Morgan

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    The Village Courtyard
    gaspThat's AWESOME!

My gosh, how long did that take to set up?!

Very, very nice!

-- Morgan

Thank you.

Its done in layers.
    It took just over a week to complete.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited October 2013

The Village Courtyard

Beautifully done render.

Go Stoney! You are definitely an inspiration and one of my faves!

Post edited by Elowan on