What's this - new "Hexagon Content" in DIM?

I picked up "Brazen" for V4 just now in Fastgrab because I liked the idea of having Howard Hughes aviator-type goggles in OBJ form.

When DAZ Install Manager (DIM) opened there was a "Hexagon Content" (something or other) choice in the product updates.

Any comments as to what the "Hex content" is? Something that goes with the new version perhaps?

Comments

• ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375

It's a library of Hexagon models and some photo refs is all.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

It is THE "included" Hexagon content, in its Install Manager form, so that updating the application (or the content) doesn't require everything to be downloaded in order to get whichever one was updated.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Ok, I vaguely remember the original models that came with Hexagon but it escapes me now whether I kept them or deleted them.

Searching for recent .OBJ files on my hard drive shows nothing that's been updated this year (2018) except Maclean's "Everyday Groceries" set.

So is there anything particularly worthy of note?

It's not like I don't have a zillion things to do... for example the "Poser Debut" disc comes with more sample models than any one person could every possibly look at, in their lifetime!

Roman_K2 said:

Ok, I vaguely remember the original models that came with Hexagon but it escapes me now whether I kept them or deleted them.

Searching for recent .OBJ files on my hard drive shows nothing that's been updated this year (2018) except Maclean's "Everyday Groceries" set.

So is there anything particularly worthy of note?

It's not like I don't have a zillion things to do... for example the "Poser Debut" disc comes with more sample models than any one person could every possibly look at, in their lifetime!

They are HXN files. Takes two seconds to install them using DIM.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

I think I get it now... but is the "Open Models" choice in the main menu drop-down a new feature? I don't remember seeing it before, and the models themselves definitely seem a lot nicer than before.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Nope. Same old Hex1 models they've always been.

Roman_K2 said:

I think I get it now... but is the "Open Models" choice in the main menu drop-down a new feature? I don't remember seeing it before, and the models themselves definitely seem a lot nicer than before.

The models are old (from Eovia's Hexagon). Open Models was an added shortcut in 2.0.