Bring on the Boys 3D Content Reviews

13»

Comments

• Yeah, your review of Ryan pretty much summed up what I thought.  I'd be interested in what you think of Lucian, since my new release is using him as the base model.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

Sort of Bring on the Boys, sort of not... Quick Shots 1: OOT Male Iray Lights

• I loved your review of OOT's lights.  These have been in my wishlist for awhile now.  I had been debating if they were worth getting when I already have so many good light sets, but I think you've convinced me to give them a go the next time I can manage them on sale.  Thanks!  

• Thank you for the review of the OOT male iray lights. I have had that set in my wishlist for awhile and now it's in my library :) 

I'm glad people are finding that information helpful. I have liked that set since it was released, but there was always that flaw in usage.

I'm going to try to come up with more product usage tips. I hate straight tutorial type things... besides, I'm not an authority on anything, I'm a hack :)

• Ah, I love tutorials.  I'm a hack, too, but I haven't let it stop me from plunging ahead and doing tutorials anyway.  I figure there is someone out there who knows less than I do and it will help get them headed in the right direction.  If I stopped to think about everything I don't know yet, I'd never make a single tutorial.  I have found that doing the tutorials helps to sort of get everything set in my head and I remember how to do things better so they help me, too.  

I love reading your reviews, though.  Doing reviews is something I would be terrible at because I hate saying anything bad about a product.  If I don't like a product, I'd rather remain silent which doesn't really help anyone who might need a review.  When asked directly, though, I am always honest about my experiences with a product.  One thing I like about your reviews, is that they are honest and well thought out.  You speak your mind and let the chips fall where they might.  I'm not that brave.  I'm very happy that you do them.

Not exactly a review, an interview.  The first installment of Interview with the Artist, and I was very happy to chat with our own Darwin's Mishap(s)

• It was a pleasure and honor on my end! Thank you.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love tutorials and tips and tricks too!  Will have to sit down and go through these thanks for sharing!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I am surprisingly pleased with Elijah7 myself, I am not fond of G3M in general and this is the first base character I have really liked.  There are several characters by DarwinsMishaps and GypsyAngel that I really like with this generation but not many besides those.  Elijah was a nice surprise.

I am surprisingly pleased with Elijah7 myself, I am not fond of G3M in general and this is the first base character I have really liked.  There are several characters by DarwinsMishaps and GypsyAngel that I really like with this generation but not many besides those.  Elijah was a nice surprise.

He sure was. My favorite just behind Leo.

• I was excited when I first saw Elijah-he was perfect for my Diesel.  Love the model.

I was excited when I first saw Elijah-he was perfect for my Diesel.  Love the model.

I am waiting on that...saw your render, pretty sweet.

• Thank you!  I have a few ideas for Elijah in the future; given his body type, he's perfect (for my mind) for them.

• I've fallen behind but managed to catch up to DM's interview.  Fascinating, by the way.  I knew he was talented and fascinating, but even more so now that I 'know' him a little better from the interview.  I love the idea behind doing the interviews to get to know our favorite artists and vendors better.  :)

I've fallen behind but managed to catch up to DM's interview.  Fascinating, by the way.  I knew he was talented and fascinating, but even more so now that I 'know' him a little better from the interview.  I love the idea behind doing the interviews to get to know our favorite artists and vendors better.  :)

Thanks KM, I hope I can get some more.

Dark is not the absence of light

Just a little something I wrote about light and the iRay engine and 'dark' renders.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072
    edited March 2017

Well written!  I don't use canvasses, though I used to render in passes with the old engine to do exactly what you do in post.  Now, I just fiddle with the process until I get most of what I want in the original render and tweak it in Photoshop.  Though I will say, almost every render for my promos only has vibrance and sharpening done to them so people can see exactly what the system can do with what I make.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
    Thanks, Darwin!

Wow... its been a long time.  I wanted to do more, but the time constraints are steep.

Cleaning things up and trying some new presentation methods, groouping everything under the Bring on the Boys banner... and maybe there's a video review format try out coming soon?

edited July 2018

A Bit About iRay Canvases

Not a review, but my first video entry (sorry about the hum).  Just some remarks on canvasses and how I use them, made after viewing a tutorial by the awesome sickleyield on the subject of canvasses.

Post edited by evilded777 on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Thank you for your video tutorial.  

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Yes, that's an awesome scene you created for that tutorial as well.

Well thanks @nonesuch00 and @Worlds_Edge.

I've been thinking about doing videos for a while.  Text articles take so much time to put together,  I know there a quite a few people who prefer text, but...well, I gotta rationalize my time.

Open to idea for topics and items to review (if I own it).  Of course, I gotta learn how to do video now, which means some snazzy opening graphics and whatnot.  But I did get a wonderful young fellow to let me use one of his musical compositions for my intro, once I get that made.

Bring on the Boys Intro

Playing around.  Please tell me it doesn't look like a 4th grader's work...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I like the music & the renders are good. It would be nicer (in my opinion) to change the renders quicker, you don't have to change out the credits as quick as the renders to give timew to read the credits,