It's Here! Sculptural Genesis Ultra Fun Kit [Commercial]

Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
edited July 2013 in The Commons

Did you ever want to turn Genesis into a statue? This kit has everything you need to make statues ranging from classical to kitsch.

-There are poses! Lots of poses!
-There are hand poses! Including several made for holding a range of props from your collection.
-In case you don't have props in your collection yet, there are props for holding!
-And there are bases and column toppers!
-And lamp tops with lampshades!
-And a wide range of shaders!
-And conforming sculpted eyebrows!
-And a conforming fig leaf!
-And the character presets from the main promo are included too!
-And my personal favorite part of the kit, a new custom UV that lays tiling shaders on straight, and without obvious seams!

Everything you need to have ULTRA FUN making statues is in the Sculptural Genesis Ultra Fun Kit!

Post edited by Canary3d on

Comments

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited June 2013

Lamps! Colored chalkware shaders are included so you can use clothes from your collection and the props and poses in the kit to make fabulous kitschy lamps. And you can use the lamp toppers with vases and other props in your collection to make just about anything else into a lamp, too!

04.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 988K
    11.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 948K
    edited June 2013

The Sculptural UV uses a specially laid out planar mapping with overlapping front and back and relaxed edges, for great results with stone, gem, or other sculpture-friendly shader packs. Including the large number of shader presets that come in the Sculptural Genesis Ultra Fun Kit! Note that unlike everything else in the kit, these shaders are not Poser/DSON compatible, due to limitations in how well shaders convert. The UV mapping itself is DSON/Poser compatible, however, and can be exported to other apps like Vue or Bryce when exporting Genesis.

These pics show a repeating UV checker tile (the blue lines are the edge of the tile square), and how it looks with some of the fantastic shaders from the Gemologica and Hardcore Utility sets.

06.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 810K
    07.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    08.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Wow! Any ETA on this?

edited December 1969

It's all done with QA and other prep steps so...very soon, I hope! :)

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Love it ! In my cart as soon as it hits the store :)

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

I really like the male face preset from the third promo. I hope it will be included :)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Wow, impressive stuff. I particularly love the wicker style shader on display here. I'll be keeping a sharp lookout for when this hits the store!

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Nice. In my cart as soon as it's released!

edited June 2013

Kattey said:
    I really like the male face preset from the third promo. I hope it will be included :)

Thanks! It is included, and requires that you have the Evolution morphs for Genesis. The female one also requires those, plus the Native American head morphs. They're both inspired by ancient Roman statuary.

Edit: sorry, I forgot this earlier: both head presets use Xena's Wicked Fairytale Morphs as well

edited December 1969

Wow, impressive stuff. I particularly love the wicker style shader on display here. I'll be keeping a sharp lookout for when this hits the store!

If you mean the gold criss-crossy one in the pic with the 4 dancing figures around the bust, it is from Fisty's Hardcore Utility Shaders set, which is in the store already - it's a metal basketweave. My kit includes the UV set to make it line up correctly and all have the same size, plus quick presets for hiding the mouth parts, eyes, and lashes, so that partial transparencies like this work properly. That promo is showing how the UV set works with other people's shaders - Fisty and Marieah's, specifically :)

edited December 1969

Canary3d said:
    Kattey said:

Thanks! It is included, and requires that you have the Evolution morphs for Genesis. The female one also requires those, plus the Native American head morphs. They're both inspired by ancient Roman statuary.
    Good to know :) I have both.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Ok, I think this is going to hit my in-basket so fast it will buckle it :)

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

that looks...well...ultra fun :D

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Canary3d said:
    They're both inspired by ancient Roman statuary.

That was my exact first impression. This looks like it will be very useful.
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Ooooh; I want it almost just for the UV. I tried applying the Sheer Greatness shader to a full figure, and it didn't work out so well because of the variations in UV density, so I'm pretty sure this'd make that possible!

-- Morgan

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

This does look like ultra fun! We so need that UV. The lamps are clever.

edited December 1969

If I get time tonight I'll try it out with the Sheer Greatness shader and post my results here :)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited December 1969

Great looking set. Definitely a must buy.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

I'm in love with the look of that UV map.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ooooh, I want this for the lamp! I want to make an art-deco statue lamp! (grin)

edited June 2013

Here's the UV Template for the Sculptural UV - note that it uses a full overlap to avoid seams (the sides of the figure are mirrored blend areas where the texture reverses itself) so won't work for painting a human skin on the figure, but for repeating textures it produces fabulous results, if I do say so myself. It's different from a straight planar projection in that the hands and feet are flattened out to lie in the same plane as the rest of the body, the eyelids were closed before mapping to avoid stretching if you do a closed-eye statue, and the eyes are lined up with the eye sockets so you can have a line of marbling that goes straight across the eye, like in a real carving. Also these UV's are "relaxed" so that they don't scrunch up at the edges.

Sculptural_Genesis_T.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 279K
    edited December 1969

Canary3d said:
    Here's the UV Template for the Sculptural UV - note that it uses a full overlap to avoid seams (the sides of the figure are mirrored blend areas where the texture reverses itself) so won't work for painting a human skin on the figure, but for repeating textures it produces fabulous results, if I do say so myself. It's different from a straight planar projection in that the hands and feet are flattened out to lie in the same plane as the rest of the body, the eyelids were closed before mapping to avoid stretching if you do a closed-eye statue, and the eyes are lined up with the eye sockets so you can have a line of marbling that goes straight across the eye, like in a real carving. Also these UV's are "relaxed" so that they don't scrunch up at the edges.

It is an interesting concept, Canary. If you don't mind me asking, what program did you use to make that sort of UVs?
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

The UV map looks quite useful.

Are the shaders based on DZDefaultShader with tiled image maps? Or are they Shader Mixer procedurals? I'm hoping the former, as that makes it a lot easier to use them in LuxRender.

edited December 1969

I mapped it with Bodypaint3d/Cinema4d, which lets you manipulate UVs on a point-by-point basis as well as having some nice algorithms for relaxing.

Almost all of the shaders are texture based - the chalkware shaders have a diffuse color applied as well as a diffuse map, to give different colors of plaster, and the lamp brass and glass are mildly procedural, but nothing uses shader mixer or anything too complicated. I like to use textures since I want to render in Vue and other apps, and also because I just like making tiling textures *smile*

edited June 2013

Now that I've taken a look at Sheer Greatness I can see I need to learn to use it properly, since it has a lot of options, so that won't be happening tonight, but I rendered a Fabricator preset (that is, one of the ones from Marieah's Fabricator product in the store) for you so you can see how the tiling will look. This shows the side of his leg and under arm etc so you get a feel for how that blended /mirrored seam looks with the Sculptural UV.

Edit: Adding a second picture that's of one of my kit's Ultra Fun lampshade fabrics...so basically anything seamless will behave similarly with this UV set.

Lampshade.jpg
    700 x 910 - 167K
    Fabricator.jpg
    700 x 910 - 333K
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Looks great Canary3D! :)

Question, I don't have the Native American head morphs. Will the morphs still work?

edited December 1969

Canary3D, mapping looks quite nice. I can image a couple of patterns where it won't work that well but for my purposes I'm looking forward your product quite a lot and hope I can afford it.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2013

Looking forward to this! I really loved the Harcore Utility wireframe look, and I can't say I've ever thought of turning people into furniture. I need to start looking at old antiques more. lol

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Heh, those two Fabricator presets look like they've been run over by a deranged wallpaper hanger.

Looks very interesting, I'll definitely put this on my buy-it-soon list.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Looks great I still have some money sitting there from a gift voucher I bought. Hope it gets here quickly....; )