Daz 3D Bridge to Photoshop problems

jimmulvaneyjimmulvaney Posts: 341
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Sorry if this was answered already but according to the search function of this lovely new forum there were 0 results when I searched for "Photoshop", "3D" or "Bridge"... To make a long story short; when I am in Photoshop CS4 my arrange window pull down menu has no icons showing. I talked to several people and they quickly blamed my plugins, odd since I only have one plugin... Daz 3D Bridge to Photoshop. After removing it my menu's worked but now I have no Bridge. Has anyone found a fix for this?

As a temporary fall-back I am able to view my menus if I fire up a plugin first. Problem is that all of the plugins I have found thus far take way to long to load. Does any body know of a simple, free plugin that does not take long to load or eat up too many resources?

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I don't have CS4, but I do have CS5 Extended and CS6 Extended and I'm testing in both 32/64 bits with the plugin. Does the issue happen only when the plugin is active with Daz open, or doesn't it matter?

• jimmulvaneyjimmulvaney Posts: 341
    edited December 1969

It happens when DS4 is both opened and closed.

edited May 2012

I can't duplicate the issue. Here are what mine look like. The light grey is CS5 and the dark grey is CS6. Are the options with icons in my CS6 shot supposed to be present in earlier versions?

Arrange_CS6.jpg
    252 x 426 - 85K
    Arrange_CS5.jpg
    213 x 255 - 60K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Attached is what PS looks like upon loading, but once I activate the Bridge the menu works fine... I have come up with the solution of putting the DAZ 3D plugin folder in a secondary location and activate that folder as an additional plugin location (via prefs) when I need it. However, by doing that I start up a new problem with PS crashing after using the Bridge for a while... ultimately it stops responding.

screenshot.jpg
    162 x 351 - 20K
    edited May 2012

It could very well be a plugins issue. I'm reading that other users who experience this with CS4 have also had it with onOne, Nik, and Photokit products. I haven't experienced this problem in either CS5 or 6, but I also don't have an icon for arrange windows. I use the Window > Arrange menu along the top.

/edit
    I've found the drop down icon you're using in my CS5 window (doesn't seem to be present in CS6 that I can find), but all of my icons show correctly, even with having multiple plugins and extensions installed. It could be an issue with CS4 and plugins specifically that might have been rectified with CS5+.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Yeah alot of people have pointed to those plugins in the Adobe forums, problem is that I don't have any of them. I did have an interesting conversation with an Adobe tech that claimed the ways the plugins include their resources has been changed sinceearly release of CS4 and the people who create the plugins simply have not updated their methods to accommodate the change. He also went on to tell me how offended he gets when people blame Adobe for plugin issues when they take time out of their busy schedules to train the plugin developers on site (sometimes) and that they release early editions for them to test their plugins in. That being said, I am also able to fix the Photoshop problem if I rename the ScriptingSupport.8li file in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop\Plugins\Extensions\ but then all of the options in File > Scripts stops working.

edited December 1969

He does have a point. It is up to the 3rd party plugin developers to ensure their product works with Adobe, and not vice versa. The Daz store page for the bridge does show it requires CS4 or higher, perhaps there have been updates for further compatibility that somehow broke CS4 compatibility. It might be an issue for the Daz techs to take a look at. You can contact Daz tech support by emailing them at "cs @ daz3d.com", remove the quotes and the spaces. More emails can be found here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

anyone have hope for the 3d bridge plugin working in photoshopCS5 on a mac? I have been following the subject on the old forums but everyone had basically given up hope. would this work around you guys are talking about possibly work for me?

(Pretty please with cream and sugar?)

I have CS five on my main graphics workhorse (imac 3.06 ghz intel core i3 with 4 gigs ram) and cs4 on my old Powermac g5 I think I even have just photoshopCS on the old one as well. Id just like to try out this cool and expensive plugin that Daz kindly gave me for free, only I've never got it to work!

edited December 1969

Sorry, I cant help with the Mac issue. I haven't used one since the days floppy disks were actually floppy.

edited December 1969

I made use of the cs @ daz3d.com email. Hopefully something will come of it.

edited December 1969

XiMiX said:
    I made use of the cs @ daz3d.com email. Hopefully something will come of it.

I hope so also (but I must admit I don't know what you are refering to).:ohh:

What is [email protected] email? Are you somehow referring to tech support?

edited December 1969

^ Read previous posts ^

edited December 1969

XiMiX said:
    ^ Read previous posts ^

ahh I see sorry. yes we can always hope when theres nothing else.