DAZ to Hexagon

CostelloCostello Posts: 97
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi. I'm pretty new to modeling in Hexagon but wanted to make some changes to a pre-existing piece of DAZ clothing on the Genesis figure. I viewed a tutorial which lead me to believe that it was as simple as choosing the figure and then selecting Send to Hexagon. Unfortunately every time I do this, it opens briefly in Hexagon and then crashes.

I am running the latest versions of Hexagon & DAZ on OS 10.8.4.

I understand that there are some stability versions on Macs but was wondering if there were any simple steps I can take to make Send to Hexagon work more smoothly. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited June 2013

Depending upon how you're getting the items into Hexagon, either tell D/S "no map" collecting or remove all the textures [including bump/disp] first.

edit to add: I'm on W7 ... but have noticed that textures can often cause issues in Hexagon.

Post edited by patience55 on
  • CostelloCostello Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

Depending upon how you're getting the items into Hexagon, either tell D/S "no map" collecting or remove all the textures [including bump/disp] first.

edit to add: I'm on W7 ... but have noticed that textures can often cause issues in Hexagon.

I couldn't find the place where I could choose "no map" but I manually removed the textures and it transferred without crashing. Thanks, masked squirrel!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I couldn't find the place where I could choose "no map" but I manually removed the textures and it transferred without crashing. Thanks, masked squirrel!

You're welcome, glad it worked :-)

The 'no maps' option shows if one is doing an .obj export from D/S [not via the bridge].

Another little tidbit that happens for whatever reason is D/S tends to make an .obj file smaller in weight.
    I just imported a file into D/S that was about 78 mb from the Hexagon export; exported the very same file right back out with a new name. The new file is about 57 mb. Curious but useful at times!