Rendering in Daz 4 pro

thebertthebert Posts: 22
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm working on a couple of jobs and need to renders of 300dpi and sometime bigger. Can I set the dpi in the render setup, I can't find it?

Thanks
Tom

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

DPI only has meaning in print.

To render an image based on the size of the final image for 300 DPI, simply multiply the desired physical dimensions by 300. E.g., if you want an 8" x 10" print, then you want a 2400 pixel by 3000 pixel render.

Keep in mind, DAZ Studio can only render 10000 pixels by 10000 pixels.

• thebertthebert Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

Yes I know that, Its my printer wants all the files in 300 dpi and 600 dpi

So I'm going to have resize each image in photoshop to set the dpi. D** one more step.

Thanks,
    Tom

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Don't forget to set the resize options so that the pixel size remains fixed. It's way too easy — I know, I've done it — to leave the resize free to wreak havoc and turn your 300dpi A4 print into a 300dpi postage stamp.

Another option, use a dedicated image viewer utility. I use Irfanview (in Windows, don't know if there's a Mac version), and it allows you to load pics and set the DPI value directly without going anywhere near the resize function. Smaller and faster than Photoshop, too.

• thebertthebert Posts: 22
    edited December 1969

Thanks, But I have to change it to CMYK also so I'll do it in Photoshop. I'll most likely create a action to resize and change mode. so It one key to do it.

Thanks