Comments

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

...No... No, you really didn't :D

• yannich_ff4dab420dyannich_ff4dab420d Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Aeolius said:
    Well, someone had to ask. ;)

Never, never ask ! Bryce is dead for Mac users . Daz will update Bryce for windows users, not Mac os .
    The only answer is : use bootcamp or parallels , install old version of Mac OS . That's it .
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Yannich said:
    ...Bryce is dead for Mac users . Daz will update Bryce for windows users, not Mac os ...

That's simply not true. The last update for Bryce was for BOTH platforms.
    There are no plans to develop just the Windows version on it's own.

And Bryce is not dead for Mac users... certainly not for Mac users who want to use Bryce bad enough.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yannich said:
    Aeolius said:
    Well, someone had to ask. ;)

Never, never ask ! Bryce is dead for Mac users . Daz will update Bryce for windows users, not Mac os .
    The only answer is : use bootcamp or parallels , install old version of Mac OS . That's it .

Did you check the Post I linked to earlier.

• MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

Bryce isn't dead for Mac users. If you need to use it, there are options. When Daz puts Bryce on the development cycle again, they will update it for both platforms, most likely for 64-bit since even Windows users seem to be having some issues there.

If you don't want to use Bootcamp/Windows or make a separate partition with Snow Leopard or even go the Parallels/VMWare route, then your only option is to wait, which is what I've decided to do.

It will come, just be patient.

• edited December 1969

MacSavers said:
    Bryce isn't dead for Mac users. If you need to use it, there are options. When Daz puts Bryce on the development cycle again, they will update it for both platforms, most likely for 64-bit since even Windows users seem to be having some issues there.

If you don't want to use Bootcamp/Windows or make a separate partition with Snow Leopard or even go the Parallels/VMWare route, then your only option is to wait, which is what I've decided to do.

That's been well over a year now.....

• edited December 1969

MacSavers said:

2 years now....

• BarzoffBarzoff Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

MacSavers said:

Yeah, but I'm afraid that the day Bryce will be back and work on a recent Mac OS (10.7 and higher), I will not remember how it works.

• edited December 1969

Barzoff said:
    MacSavers said:

Yeah, but I'm afraid that the day Bryce will be back and work on a recent Mac OS (10.7 and higher), I will not remember how it works.

Aye, what the fk are DAZ playing at?

I didn't say your patience woulnd't be tested. I've gotten to where I check on Bryce once a year. To be honest, I stay away from the program since I can't use it in Mac OS X. I know I can open my Windows in Parallels and use it there, but it's sooooooo slow and Windows is such a pain to use, especially through emulation. I think I'd rather have a root canal to be honest.

Still, I keep hoping they will update Bryce. They still haven't made it 64-bit compatible and pretty soon people will be hard pressed to keep 32-bit compatibility for software as it will just be considered too old.  You'd think they would want to keep a pretty loyal fan base to the program, but I see more and more people give up on it.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 420

When Bryce is updated perhaps I'll begin to buy 3d products again. As it stands now I've pretty much moved on. Since I can't find anything that is as fascinating  and as easy as Bryce I'm pretty much returning the fascinating world of Painter and Wacom.

I know how you feel. I've moved on pretty much as well. I'd love to use the program again, but it's just too far behind current technology. I applaud those sticking with it and making the necessary allowances to do so, but I don't have that level of dedication, effort or time when there are so many more options and tools available now.

• SiliziumSilizium Posts: 3

I solved the problem like this: Start and serialize Bryce 7.x on Snow Leo 10.6.8 Then copy the whole Bryce folder to your Mavericks 10.9.5 partition and start it. Thats it everthing works like a charm.

• I solved the problem like this: Start and serialize Bryce 7.x on Snow Leo 10.6.8 Then copy the whole Bryce folder to your Mavericks 10.9.5 partition and start it. Thats it everthing works like a charm.

Can't really confirm this: the renderer works ok but trying to assign a material will crash Bryce every time :(

I don't think it would need much work to get it going again but I don't think DAZ is interested in that. So I stopped buying their products. Simple. Perhaps they get the message: no Bryce, no bucks.

• Bryce is dead to the Mac community.

• July 2018 No Bryce for Mac? somebody get this message to the Bryce developer :)