Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited May 2018

Like the second one, Merrmaid.

Horo ...willl proove useful for positive/negative terrain experiments (perhaps, a new terrain effect).

That said, such experiments might likely be passed over, say, like when discovering a new metaball effect (below image) years back, but never credited.

Jay ( 0.26 sec of this video)...claiming/crediting it as 'Jay's Metaball'

MetaIso.jpg
    670 x 486 - 123K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited May 2018

adbc - thank you.

Jamahoney - thank you Jay. super cool metaball movie.

My Peak in Cauldron as an anaglyph for those having red/cyan goggles. I used the ALST+ and set the target in such a way that everything recedes, just the ground meets the frame.

Peal in Cauldron Anaglyph

PeakInCauldronAna.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 412K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997
    edited May 2018

Adbc - thanks

Jay - thanks, I think you posted this video before as I was inspired to do this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/504192120757133792/ after watching your video

Horo- beautiful Anaglyph

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

Jamahoney : great video.

Horo : very nice anaglyph.

edited May 2018

mermaid - thank you.

adbc - thank you.

I gave the waterfall another try, inspired by mermaid. I think it's the fourth attempt in 15 years, the best so far but not yet impeccable.

Pond with Falls

PondWithFalls.jpg
    1200 x 810 - 346K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited May 2018

Anaglyph is super, Horo, and while the waterfall effect isn't quite there yet (I understand its difficulty), it still could be used in, say, a scene for a frozen waterfall effect etc.

Cheers, AdBc.

Thanks, Mermaid, on the metaball thingy (they are weird things aren't they), I was just pointing to while only five metaballs were used, a sixth evolved out of nowhere in the centre. Wiil claim, if others haven't proof, as 'Jay's Metaball'.

Jay

Horo – beautiful landscape, the waterfall still needs more work. For the past two days I went back to working on a waterfall material.

Jay – thanks for pointing out the evolved 6th metaball. lol

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

Full information about this work is here.

Jamahoney - thank you.

mermaid - thank you.

Slepalex - very nice and realistic looking work.

Slepalex - another beauiful landscape.

A road less travelled, Slepalex...very nice.

Jay

Here is another work of 2018. Full description here.

edited May 2018

Slepalex - very nice landscape render.

Trying a bit using the IL with BTO trees and also some manually instanced.

Brook

Brook.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 260K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : Waterfall : I really wonder if someone can do better, Jamahoney is right it looks a bit frozen. This is really difficult, did not try it yet, I might in the future ..................

BTO trees : wonderful render, great light effect, perfect really.

Slepalex : always beautiful and detailed landscapes.

adbc - thank you.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    Nice renders from everyone here. As usual and most of time, my eyes are focusing on each landscapes a and I must admit that they're really looking good. Slepalex's one are definitely the most populated but I also appreciate stacked terrains from Horo. For waterfall, there's different approch to build them in bryce. I've discover that terrain editor is one of the best way to produce them but it's also important to use a good material to match the effect. Here's an old render of a fall I've done by the past. I'm going to put a link of this scene (without vegetation) to let you take a look at it.
    2018-05-09 11.32.15.jpg
    1226 x 1630 - 2M

c-ram - yes Marco, I've always used the TE for the few waterfalls I experimented with. There are brushes that seem to give nice fine parts. Just this morning, I looked at the photographs I had made of waterfalls over years and yours is definitely better and nearer to the real thing than the one I came up with. I'm a bit less sure about the fog at the foot and I would expect a bit of foamy water. But this is, of course, just nit-picking. Good work from you and thanks for showing it.

Slepalex - another photorealistic render, awesome.

Horo - the Brook is beautiful, nice sandy strip on the left.

C-ram - another stunning render, that's one cool waterfall, the vegetation is beautiful.

I remember seeing some nice waterfall renders from Chohole and Orbital, but it must be very long ago as I couldn't find them.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Horo: Now those are strange effects that you created with these landscapes. Must be useful for some time-travel render or so. You’re waterfall is not too bad, I would say. I guess, if you keep at it, it will get better and better. Nice light in your tree/landscape render.

Slepalex: Cameo and Venus look very good. Specifically the stone Venus with the background. And your landscapes are amazing; very well done.

Mermaid: Very nice experiments with lights in landscapes. The second version attracts me more; the first is a bit dark for my taste. But both are quite good in themselves.

Jamahoney: You are a magician: creating a metaball out of thin air! And very funny and good video!

C-ram: very good looking waterfall!

Hansmar - thanks

edited May 2018

I finally finished this work. Description here.

Post edited by Slepalex on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Looks very good, Slepalex. The grasses really help to finish it.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited May 2018

Hello strangers. Life, work and not really getting on with the forum software has kept me away.

I logged in last night to buy a snake model and read the last dozen or so pages of this thread. Great to see everyone's still plugging away hard and getting excellent results. I still use Bryce nearly every day and will try to share a few of my recent renders soon.

WATERFALLS: This interested me enough to get back from the office today and have a go at a method that sprang to mind last night as I read this thread.

Although it's far from perfect, I'll point out this scene was set up from scratch and rendered in less than 2 hours... With more work it could be improved tons and I'm sure a really convincing waterfall could be achieved. Use the particle emmitter. Each one can only generate a maximum of 5000 particles but you can make several (I\ve used 2 here so 10,000 particles. Then each generator can be given a slightly different material to give a good overall surface effect with variation. Slightly altering the parameters on each generator will distribute the particles dofferently for each materialed group of spheres so the possibilities are infinite.

One thing to note: The size of the particles can not be altered, so you have to work in a quite large scale (scale everything else up to make the particles relatively smaller). Hope this helps. smiley

PArticleFall.jpg
    1120 x 642 - 864K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited May 2018

Savage (Dave)...welcome back: you rogue you devil They're will me many who will NOT know of your previous Bryce experience(s)/contribution(s)...etc.,, so, hopefully, they will bear/benefit from future posts that YOU will prove beneficial to them.

Jay

Good to see you back Dave and with this interesting idea. All I ever did with the Particles are fruits on a tree. Got to experiment with them again.

edited May 2018

Hi Jay, Hi Horo.

Yes, Horo, I really don't have much use for it as a rule so am a bit rusty. I was hoping the particles would bounce off the terrain object, but they go straght through as if it's not there. I know I did some tests years ago to see exactly what they will bounce off, so I'll maybe have a look into those files when I get a minute... I seem to remember something about booleans not being used and maybe only individual Bryce primitives are 'seen' by the particles. I did an animation of a ton of them bouncing down some simple steps... I'm thinking some blocks could be placed and disguised on the face of the waterfall to allow the flow to bounce and react more instead of just spilling over the edge.

A while ago, I started building a scale model in Bryce of a local landmark here in my home town. Over a year later and it's still not finished, but it's coming along quite nicely. Here is one of the latest renders and a photo of the real thing so you can see what it's supposed to look like. Before starting the build, I did spend a long time collecting all the available dimension information that was in the public domain (surprisingly not a lot) and I drew up detailed 'plans' which I then also used in a render of the model I was building to look like a model I was building in real life.... Or something. laugh

VictoriaTowerSunset.jpg
    679 x 960 - 93K
    VictoriaTowerPhoto.jpg
    391 x 500 - 123K
    TowerAndPlan.jpg
    960 x 480 - 64K
    edited May 2018

The 'plan' image explains everything/your point - render/work done.

Sorry, of 'Savage' use, but your works, in the past, have always been, kinda, radical to suit the word - look forward to more......Savage...you alien...hehe devil)

Jay

edited May 2018

Haha Jay... Well I could post a few renders everyday for a year without even having to open Bryce at all with all the stuff I've been doing while I've not been around here.

But I'll spare everyone from that and maybe just post a few.

For now, first test render of the snake. Don't know if I've done something wrong loading it into Poser (to pose it only and then export into Bryce obviously), but it doesn't seem to have a posable tongue. indecision

But it was only for the snake skin to see how it looked so all is good.

NewSnake.jpg
    1500 x 975 - 855K

c-ram : very cool waterfall.

Slepalex : beautiful landscape.

Dave  Savage : nice experiment with the waterfall, I like your work on the tower and the snake looks great.

This discussion has been closed.