Victoria 6 has been released.

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

Vanguard said:
    A render of Victoria 6 with some dials spun on her face to give her a few sharper features.

The facial structure there seems really unique to what I have seen before. Did you find it easier or harder to work with to get something different then you would have with Genesis 1? I think this sort of information is really helpful for people trying to decide whether they should stick with Genesis 1 or try Genesis 2 etc and which will best meet their needs so TY so much for posting it! :)

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Vanguard said:
    A render of Victoria 6 with some dials spun on her face to give her a few sharper features.

The facial structure there seems really unique to what I have seen before. Did you find it easier or harder to work with to get something different then you would have with Genesis 1? I think this sort of information is really helpful for people trying to decide whether they should stick with Genesis 1 or try Genesis 2 etc and which will best meet their needs so TY so much for posting it! :)

My 'perception' is that the face tweaking was easier and more effective than with Genesis 1 or V4, but I have no empirical proof. I play with face tweaks a lot and this is one of the first times I feel I actually got what I was shooting for. I would think to myself "hmm, need more cheek bone definition" and there would be a dial and it actually did what I thought it would do.

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Vanguard said:

Awesome dial spinning. First time I see something that I don't think could have been achieved with earlier generations.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,248
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    It's disappointing V6 still has sticky breasts.

I hadn't felt them to notice...thanks for the warning though it will save me from an awkward moment later *snicker* OK bad joke aside LOL

Sticky breasts? In what way? Could you post a render of what you mean? Just be sure if you post a render, don't put any texture on her or gens etc

She still has the Genesis issue with conforming clothing clinging to the full surface of her breasts.

edited December 1969

TimG said:
    TimG said:
    It's disappointing V6 still has sticky breasts.

I hadn't felt them to notice...thanks for the warning though it will save me from an awkward moment later *snicker* OK bad joke aside LOL

Sticky breasts? In what way? Could you post a render of what you mean? Just be sure if you post a render, don't put any texture on her or gens etc

She still has the Genesis issue with conforming clothing clinging to the full surface of her breasts.

Ah ok gotcha LOL Sorry. Yeah I think with autofit and breasts that will always be the case and will need additional morphs in the clothing etc to offset that. I know there is a reason why but being very un-technical in my ability to describe things, I think I will refrain from embarrassing myself with saying one thing and it coming out all wrong LOL

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2013

Kattey said:

I theorized on what was possible and what wasn't making sense but never claimed any of it will be true.

I knew that was what you meant :O) People worry about what might happen or question if it will. It happens every release. I know I did it when Genesis 1 released in regards to Generation 4. No worries. It is to be expected and is all over now :O)

Indeed. Support for Generation 4 from DAZ is all over now (yes, Gen4 content is not forbidden at the DAZ store. But DAZ no longer produces Gen4 content, as people did fear). Was over the moment Genesis was released, really. The people's worries were justified. Even the fear that the market would be split into DAZ/Genesis and Poser/V4 came mostly true as far as I can tell.

And the people that thought that a unified figure would not be able to take male and female shapes accurately enough? Well, apparently their concerns were so justified, that DAZ must have hired them and put them in charge of things.

So I guess most of the concerns back then were justified and well worth listening to. :D

Yeah I think with autofit and breasts that will always be the case and will need additional morphs in the clothing etc to offset that.

Looking at the promo pictures of the V6 Bikini, Caped Rogue, Darkwood Heroine and Basic Underwear, I would say that it's not just an Autofit problem. I am not sure about the Garden Party Dress. It looks very different in the promo pictures for the textures than it does in it's own promo shots.

Post edited by Barubary on
    edited June 2013

Support itself is not dictated by DAZ3D though, it is dictated really by the PAs and the customers. DAZ3D only ever does a certain amount of specific things and then stops. So like The kids, teens, Michael, Victoria, Aiko, Hiro, then sometimes David, Stephanie Petite, and The Girl and then they usually stop. That does not however mean the figure died. Generation 4 has gone on long long long after DAZ3D "stopped" doing things for it. And to this day Generation 4 still goes on and on and on because people still want that line. The customers and merchants here and elsewhere have made that so. Granted not as many merchants here still support Gen 4 but it is still very well covered. I know, my wallet and runtime still cry because of that line LOL. That is the true source of a figures life...the customers and what they want or need. :)

On the other point, honestly I am not really sure if it would be something else. I assume the collision thing with Autofit but I am sure there are those far more technically skilled in DS and with Genesis 2 etc that could maybe better answer what could be the issue etc :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

As for older DazStudio content not working - it was some of LisaB's plants and for example Stonemason's Ministry that did not work anymore.
    I am not paranoid, I just remember things that really happened.
    Ministry thread, in case there is doubt: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12846/

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

In case anyone wants to see the Darkwoods Heroine outfit, Udane Hair, and just the basics (Bree) V6, here's what she looks like. I've posted the bust shot closeup in the V6 render thread. There's some nice photos being posted over there with people experimenting with different outfits, etc. This one, of course, is for the V6 figure. Be sure to click to enlarge, then click again, to further enlarge and see the gorgeous textures!

breeStrEsstlDrkwdHeroine2.jpg
    1385 x 1900 - 578K
  • TraskTrask Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Passing on V6 I think, There's no price incentive that I know of for owners of Genesis+V5 and V4(or both?), Platinum discount isn't enough to justify paying nearly the same price I paid not too long ago when DSON came out(or to keep paying for platinum), only to find that support was sketchy and best and you still needed Daz Studio to get total functionality. V5's offerings failed to compete with V4 IMO.

It seems like it ruins the purpose and selling points of the original Genesis. I can't help but wonder if this is really just a mod of Gen1 subdivided in select areas with some improved weightmapping/rigging updates. Not a big enough update for 2013 and the price.

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

Well I've been looking at the G2 for a few days now and I'm passing.

-As is, straight out of the box, I can do no morphing with it. Can't change it into anything. There are some Genesis 1 parameters for the face I can dial in but no body shaping morphs. Not even sizing except for the feet, hands, and head.

-I have only 4 mats that I can use on G2 (Victoria 5 mats). None of the other Genesis mats that I have will work on G2.

-On the plus side, so far it appears all the clothes I have for Genesis will fit to Genesis2 and the autofit function is working pretty well when it transfers from G1 to G2. I can't use any of the Gen4 clothes on it though.

-The biggest reason I won't invest is that just to get me started with G2 would be about a $60 investment. V6, G2 morphs, and the V4 morph (I'm not a PC member anymore). This is just to get started.

- I really don't like the split into different figures again. Perhaps the autofit will be able to transfer between all the new G2 figures that will be coming out (I'm assuming there will be more) and we don't have to worry about the same outfit being made for different figures and having to buy the same outfit multiple times.

I'm going to sit back and watch and see what happens but I'm not spending any money right now on G2. Time will tell I suppose.

• LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Well, I really have to thank Daz.

We're tight on money right now, but I've been usually buying core figures in the Pro Bundle immediately anyhow.

But Daz has made it easy for me to save the money this time! Thank you, Daz!

Between the fact I just bought Victoria/Michael/etc 5... what, within the last twelve months, isn't it?... and the fact that they're going backwards from the unisex model that gave me a vast variety of content for females that wasn't all about sex appeal, and a lot more flexibility for -all- my content... and the fact that the pro bundle -doesn't even include the primary morph packages, WHAT EVEN IS THAT ABOUT...

I invested heavily in Genesis because of the highly flexible model making my content worth far more, and the efforts they took to make it backwards compatible as possible for my Gen4 content.

I am not interested in moving forward-backwards to Genesis 2 at this time. I am especially not interested in it if with an extra cost for the morph packs and nothing really in the pro bundle but more skimpy sex-appeal for womens.

So thanks, Daz. I really couldn't justify the expense, but I probably would have indulged anyhow if any of these factors weren't in place. But you've managed to convince me to save the money.

• chsmo69chsmo69 Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

I theorized on what was possible and what wasn't making sense but never claimed any of it will be true.

I knew that was what you meant :O) People worry about what might happen or question if it will. It happens every release. I know I did it when Genesis 1 released in regards to Generation 4. No worries. It is to be expected and is all over now :O)

It might have been a few of my comments that caused the confusion. It was speculation and I dropped it as requested. I certainly don't want this to be seen as re-opening the subject, but may I ask a question about Genesis Essentials, DAZ.Ann? I admit I may be completely wrong in my understandings and you might be able to set me straight on the issue.

My fear stems from future updates to Studio and how those updates affect the Genesis base model. In the past, some updates required us to install the new Essentials bundle for Genesis to function properly. This suggests that the update to Studio required an update to the Genesis Base Model. On a side note, when users have problems with Genesis in Studio, the first step in support is to check whether or not they have the latest Essentials pack installed. This too points toward the fact that there's important updates to Genesis with each new Studio version.

So my question is- Am I wrong in assuming that future updates to Studio will likely require continuing Genesis1 support (from DAZ) in order for the model to function properly?

This may not be the case and I'm interpreting my observations incorrectly. If not, then this is where my fear originated. Speculation led me down a road similar to the paths all older models took. DAZ ended support and development on the old in favor of the new. And because this concerns the ability to even use the model in Studio itself, it's not a PA issue of support, but updates coming from DAZ itself.

Hopefully you'll see I'm not a troublemaker and declaring The End is Nigh! I have some real concerns. The "evidence" above was what sparked my speculation, but I'd be happy if you can shed more light on this and tell me I'm wrong.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Leticia said:
    Well, I really have to thank Daz.

We're tight on money right now, but I've been usually buying core figures in the Pro Bundle immediately anyhow.

But Daz has made it easy for me to save the money this time! Thank you, Daz!

Between the fact I just bought Victoria/Michael/etc 5... what, within the last twelve months, isn't it?... and the fact that they're going backwards from the unisex model that gave me a vast variety of content for females that wasn't all about sex appeal, and a lot more flexibility for -all- my content... and the fact that the pro bundle -doesn't even include the primary morph packages, WHAT EVEN IS THAT ABOUT...

I invested heavily in Genesis because of the highly flexible model making my content worth far more, and the efforts they took to make it backwards compatible as possible for my Gen4 content.

I am not interested in moving forward-backwards to Genesis 2 at this time. I am especially not interested in it if with an extra cost for the morph packs and nothing really in the pro bundle but more skimpy sex-appeal for womens.

So thanks, Daz. I really couldn't justify the expense, but I probably would have indulged anyhow if any of these factors weren't in place. But you've managed to convince me to save the money.

Same here. A few extra features iin the head/jaw really doesn't make up for the huge loss in versatility. G2F really has no business being called Genesis 2 Female since it's just a Basic Female Shape and V6 is just a morph for it. Basic Female 2 is more like it.

I'll spend my money elsewhere, DAZ. So, like Leticia, thanks for helping me save my money. :) *Winks*

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I'm still waiting to read something that will convince me a I need G2/V6. It's a shame but the only new figure that sounds interesting is the one being discussed on rendo.

edited December 1969

chsmo said:
    Kattey said:

It might have been a few of my comments that caused the confusion. It was speculation and I dropped it as requested. I certainly don't want this to be seen as re-opening the subject, but may I ask a question about Genesis Essentials, DAZ.Ann? I admit I may be completely wrong in my understandings and you might be able to set me straight on the issue.

My fear stems from future updates to Studio and how those updates affect the Genesis base model. In the past, some updates required us to install the new Essentials bundle for Genesis to function properly. This suggests that the update to Studio required an update to the Genesis Base Model. On a side note, when users have problems with Genesis in Studio, the first step in support is to check whether or not they have the latest Essentials pack installed. This too points toward the fact that there's important updates to Genesis with each new Studio version.

So my question is- Am I wrong in assuming that future updates to Studio will likely require continuing Genesis1 support (from DAZ) in order for the model to function properly?

This may not be the case and I'm interpreting my observations incorrectly. If not, then this is where my fear originated. Speculation led me down a road similar to the paths all older models took. DAZ ended support and development on the old in favor of the new. And because this concerns the ability to even use the model in Studio itself, it's not a PA issue of support, but updates coming from DAZ itself.

Hopefully you'll see I'm not a troublemaker and declaring The End is Nigh! I have some real concerns. The "evidence" above was what sparked my speculation, but I'd be happy if you can shed more light on this and tell me I'm wrong.

The question you're asking and train of thought makes perfect sense to me. If a change to DS would cause Genesis to need to be updated, would Genesis 1 be updated or just Genesis 2. I believe that is what you are asking (summarizing here) If I have the question right, I am not sure on the answer but I will definitely ask and let you know :O) Though I don't project getting an answer until Monday since DAZ staff is out of the office today. I will check on it though. :O)

edited December 1969

chsmo said:
    Kattey said:

The question you're asking and train of thought makes perfect sense to me. If a change to DS would cause Genesis to need to be updated, would Genesis 1 be updated or just Genesis 2. I believe that is what you are asking (summarizing here) If I have the question right, I am not sure on the answer but I will definitely ask and let you know :O) Though I don't project getting an answer until Monday since DAZ staff is out of the office today. I will check on it though. :O)

That's exactly my question and I appreciate the reply!

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Given that Genesis and Genesis 2 are build largely on the same underlying technology (as far as I can tell, anyway), I would be extremely surprised if a future change to Studio broken Genesis but not Genesis 2. Personally, I really think these worries about DAZ dumping Genesis support* for Genesis 2 at some point in the future are unfounded.

* When I say "support", i mean ability to load Genesis and Genesis content in Studio. What they do with regards to new content creation for sale in the store is an entirely different question.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Given that Genesis and Genesis 2 are build largely on the same underlying technology (as far as I can tell, anyway), I would be extremely surprised if a future change to Studio broken Genesis but not Genesis 2.

But the question is, if a future change to Studio breaks both Genesis 1 and Genesis 2, will both be fixed, or will only Genesis 2 be fixed and Genesis 1 (intentionaly) won´t?

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited June 2013

Yes, I'm not also worried about a change to Studio breaking the original Genesis because as far as I know, both Genesis figures rely on the same technology. I'm sure DAZ would fix both Genesis versions if anything went wrong.

What I *am* worried about is vendors now having to choose whether to make things for the classic Genesis that most people have and have are comfortable with, or the new Genesis 2 and the people who want more content for it ASAP. We're going to go through exactly what we did with Michael 4 and David; having to choose which figure to use based not on which one we like more, but by what clothes we want them to wear in our render.

Post edited by SnowSultan on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Given that Genesis and Genesis 2 are build largely on the same underlying technology (as far as I can tell, anyway), I would be extremely surprised if a future change to Studio broken Genesis but not Genesis 2.

But the question is, if a future change to Studio breaks both Genesis 1 and Genesis 2, will both be fixed, or will only Genesis 2 be fixed and Genesis 1 (intentionaly) won´t?

Changes in the early days of DS4 broke Michael 2. The number of people who still use him is pretty small, but they fixed DS4.

• ExtremeAlphaExtremeAlpha Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

I'm glad I'm not alone in this search for the Genesis 2 base. I have been searching everywhere. I want to try Victoria 6, but I am not willing to take that leap until I have a chance to work with the Genesis 2 base first. I would also like to see the Michael 6 model out as well before investing in Victoria 6.

edited December 1969

TonyCoe said:
    I'm glad I'm not alone in this search for the Genesis 2 base. I have been searching everywhere. I want to try Victoria 6, but I am not willing to take that leap until I have a chance to work with the Genesis 2 base first. I would also like to see the Michael 6 model out as well before investing in Victoria 6.

There will be (at least) 2 Genesis 2 bases, G2F and G2M. The former is available now and free and already in your account; the latter is not yet available.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

TonyCoe said:
    I'm glad I'm not alone in this search for the Genesis 2 base. I have been searching everywhere.

Did you buy (or "buy" for free) D|S4 or 4.5Pro or 4.6Pro directly from the DAZ store? Find it in your Product Library page, or in the DIM if you use that, and the Genesis 2 Essentials will be right there for download at the bottom of the page beside the original Genesis Essentials. If you already have 4.6 installed there's nothing else you need to do. G2 almost works nearly completely in 4.5, but updating to 4.6 will save a lot of bother later.
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I have a question about v6..... Is there a way to see the basic female figure in the morphs area when you use this product like you could with v5 ? Because when I select v6v6 I do not see this morph although I do see the others I have installed for V 6.

edited June 2013

cwichura said:

Changes in the early days of DS4 broke Michael 2. The number of people who still use him is pretty small, but they fixed DS4.

That's certainly encouraging to hear! M2 was pretty long in the tooth by then. Maybe I'll take my The End is Nigh sandwich board off now. ;)wink

Post edited by chsmo69 on
    edited December 1969

I have a question about v6..... Is there a way to see the basic female figure in the morphs area when you use this product like you could with v5 ? Because when I select v6v6 I do not see this morph although I do see the others I have installed for V 6.

G2F is the base shape, not a morph. Just like when you have V5 loaded, Genesis default shape doesn't appear as a morph.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
    edited December 1969

Don't see it either, in parameters or shaping. Weird.
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited June 2013

A BUG IN THE G2 MORPHS
    The Breasts flatten and hang poses move the eyes and square the pupils. Actually kinda surprised that was missed.

Daz3d_G2_Breasts_flatten_hangs_eyes_bug.jpg
    505 x 182 - 99K
    Post edited by Mr Bowen on
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:

Yes that is the more summarized the heart of the question and I did get an answer.

DAZ3D has no intention of dropping support for Genesis 1. :O) That was the answer I got :O) So I'd say you have nothing to worry about on the DAZ Studio front there :O)