Reaper Bot On Sale Now! [Commercial]

AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

The Bot has hit the store!!! Can't wait to see what he dose in your hands.

https://www.daz3d.com/reaper-bot-and-poses

Post edited by AntMan on

Comments

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

...too close! Too close!

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Snap!  Antfarm strikes again!  Take my money!!!  

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

Thanks!

I reduced it a bit but yes. it is big.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,757

Ugh...you're killing me. How soon? lol

I still have to do the rigging. Buy who knows how long DAZ will leave it in a holding pattern after that. I will update as I know.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

It's gonna be terrifying no matter how it's reduced! Really great job.

A little too scary for a hero robot, but you never know- maybe it's been reprogrammed. lol

Rigged as in it's able to move joints or are you FINALLY making something that can take poses?

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    AntMan said:

I owe some of you a new robot as it has been a while. Here is a sneak peak of the one I am working on. PS click on the image for a much closer look.

Fine, I'm not really into robots but I'll buy it when it hits the store anyway, happy? wink

-- Walt Sterdan

edited April 2018

A little too scary for a hero robot, but you never know- maybe it's been reprogrammed. lol

Rigged as in it's able to move joints or are you FINALLY making something that can take poses?

He needs bones for posing with all those limits so he doesn't twist into a pretzel. Working on that today.

I will be including the skull as a prop in the set as well so you can use it with other things.

SKULL3.png
    2102 x 2707 - 5M
    SKULL4.png
    2102 x 2707 - 4M
    Post edited by AntMan on

So does he take poses?

I'd like you to do a  figure that can take regular poses.

Pretty please?

OR can you comission or share a comission rate for another vendor to make a poses product?

edited April 2018

Oh yeah!!! He will be like any other of my figures and be fully posable, sorry for any confusion. It's a complected process but no need to bore you with it. I will also do a hand full of poses in the set as I always do.

Post edited by AntMan on

No, no...I meant can he take Genesis 3 poses or Genesis 8 poses.?

And if not, could you make lots of zero poses. The t pose and the new A pose to start from?

Please, I'll be your friend.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

No, no...I meant can he take Genesis 3 poses or Genesis 8 poses.?

And if not, could you make lots of zero poses. The t pose and the new A pose to start from?

Please, I'll be your friend.

Standalone figures that take poses from mainstream human figures are the exception, not the rule, unfortunately. The node selection tool and Riversoft's bone doctor script are your friends.

Yeah probably. It's an auto-buy either way.

OK I understand now, when it's organic I.E.. creature that's easier to do. When it's a robot you end up having the limits stepping in and killing 1/2 the pose. It's going to call for 360 degrees on all axis but that's not how many robots work. I can look into doing spilt poses, upper body, lower body, that could be mixed and matched but no promises. 

Oh please, oh please, oh please!!!!

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,548

Looks awesome!

• andrushuk1andrushuk1 Posts: 342

looks pretty cool , will be on my list of stuff to get.

Here is one of two options I am doing for the arms, an arm Cannon and an arm blade not shown here. Done rigging but more work to do.

rb2.jpg
    1549 x 1995 - 1M
    rb1.jpg
    1549 x 1995 - 1M
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 79

I am super impressed with the design of this guy - very original and quite menacing. The texture work is also outstanding. Well done.

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365

Will it have an "angry" brow morph? Please? laugh

As for Eye Morphs, I’m not sure if I want to imply Carbon Steel is bendy but… I do understand. I can offer you color options. And with a white preset you can create your own color in a snap by adding a color to the “Base Color Channel”.

Color Pops.jpg
    2828 x 1177 - 1M
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 79

No need for angry expressions - this guy means business 24-7.

True, when he's under lit he's very intense. I also did a decal, not sure what folks might want but Police are always popular.

Decal Pop.jpg
    1549 x 1995 - 902K

Ready to submit to Daz. I had a blast making this guy!

Main.png
    1385 x 1800 - 3M

This guy is in testing with the Daz team, Lots of options pose and textures should be fun for all.

Here are his wearable weapons.

Pop1.jpg
    1385 x 1800 - 1M
    Pop11.jpg
    1773 x 2283 - 3M
    edited May 2018

Well, long as we're here talking. The cape was a great idea on Reaper. Maybe one (super long) ragged and one whole. One clean, one dirty.

BUT! What would be wicked is one of those Jedi-type robes that could be closed and almost (almost) conceal the robot underneath.

BUT! It would need LOTS of movement morphs or be dforce so it can get out the way during dynamic poses.

--------------- and...and.... -------------------------------

I'd like the cape to almost be shawl-like at the top and cover the neck and lower face.

This look. Imagine that only the robot's beady red eyes could be seen above the collor. That's an iconic image, right there.

Oh, I could go on for hours about this kind of stuff. If that's all too much work (Sounds like it could be a stand-alone product.

Maybe just do the shawl or scarl. So that it wraps the neck and shoulders. With a super long tail that could be posed ... greatly.

----------------

I got more ideas for variations....Next

I'd request a shoulder cannon, but not The Predator kind that sits on the shoulder and only rotates about. It should be huge and stored on the back like a backpack and have one of your arms that is more than one joint that raises it and fires from multiple positions like a third arm. It should have a personality of its own.

Tucked it's still big and looks like a jet pack, but expanded it's bigger than any arm. I'd even curve the robot forward in its resting state so there's plenty of room for the back-cannon.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited May 2018

I remember I did dress a Robot once and got a lot of confused people asking why a robot needed clothes. I just thought it looked cool. I do like the back cannon jet pack idea, I may need to do that. Sounds like a great idea. 

Arm Cannons for now, and nasty blades.

Pop2.jpg
    4500 x 971 - 2M
    Post edited by AntMan on

The clothes are for the same reason humans wear clothes.

I'd also say to keep the sand/dust out. Camoflage so you don'tt have to repaint a bot everytime it's deployed in a new environment or conditions change during mission operations.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Humans generally wear clothing for temperature and to avoid getting prosecuted by the police for exposing their genitals - both irrelevant to a machine. :) A simple jacket wouldn't be much good for keeping sand and dirt out, either. The robot would have to be completely sealed against the elements for that purpose.

Could see some artists wanting to clothe their droids for purely stylistic reasons, but not for realistic renders.

In this case, however, the robot already has a nose and jaws, so, it probably belongs more in the stylised category, regardless - like something out of the 'Judge Dredd​' comic.

Have to say that the realistic textures are beautiful! I'm convinced to get it based on those, alone! That and the modelling style actually make this look like it would have fitted in perfectly with the old 'Doom 3​' game.