Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...well it is interesting that it worked fine on the old forums and I haven't changed any settings or preferences since the new forums went live.

Also works fine on other sites.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I agree the default behavior should be new window/tab. In the interim, if you right-click on a tab you can Undo Close Tab to get back the tab that you closed.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

That's a nice bit of info. Now to see if I remember it. :smirk:

Dana

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited December 1969

In FF, ctrl-shift-t will reopen the last tab closed, and ctrl-shift-n the last window closed.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

And clicking on the links with the centre dial on the mouse will open pages in a new tab too :-)

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited June 2012

And Ctrl + Click will open a new tab for the link in FF too......(WinPc) :)

Post edited by Cymbidium on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

And "Right Click" "Space" Hatoo Hatoo Hatoo" will open up ten new tabs.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Okay, I'll bite. Why would you want to do that?

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

So you can play 3 or 4 online games, talk in 3 or 4 threads and watch a couple of sports programs, but remember you have to say Hatoo 3 times aloud and quickly, otherwise it won't work.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:

So you can play 3 or 4 online games, talk in 3 or 4 threads and watch a couple of sports programs, but remember you have to say Hatoo 3 times aloud and quickly, otherwise it won't work.

hmmm ... you mean to say that 'achoo, achoo, achoo' won't work?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...but we didn't need to do this before so it has to be something in the way new software interacts with FF.

edited December 1969

Crap, now I can't log in to my account. I was in, but then I went to a different page and then it started asking me to log in. I did, but it cleared the user and password boxes, after putting check marks next to them, and asked me again...and it keeps doing that! >:-(

I can post, if I use the link in the email notice for new posts to get here.

Sigh.

Dana

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Crap, now I can't log in to my account. I was in, but then I went to a different page and then it started asking me to log in. I did, but it cleared the user and password boxes, after putting check marks next to them, and asked me again...and it keeps doing that! >:-(

Sigh.

Dana

You have to log out of the part of the page (forum or store) where you are logged in. Afterwards you will be able to log in again.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...but we didn't need to do this before so it has to be something in the way new software interacts with FF.

Or vise versa.
    For some reason the website's coding is overriding FF's instructions to open links in a new tab [option].
    However irregardless of options in any browser, the website's links could be set up to open in a new window or new tab ... and in some places it would make a lot more sense to do so.
    For example in Forum posts, when one clicks on any link and in the same page said link opens ... well there goes the audience! Off to another website. I don't know about now but "once upon a time" it was advantageous to keep as many people as possible ON one's webpage. Increased search ratings too.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    DanaTA said:

Sigh.

Dana

You have to log out of the part of the page (forum or store) where you are logged in. Afterwards you will be able to log in again.

Confirmed :-) Don't have to clear the cache anymore, yeah.

I noticed that one tends to get logged out of the forums when shopping ... not browsing but actually using the shopping cart.
    Wonder if that's a security feature of some kind. One has to log out of the store; then log back in and then one is logged in on the entire website ... at least until using the shopping cart again.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    DanaTA said:

Sigh.

Dana

Nope. You can't log out when you're not logged in. As for the forum page, when I logged out there, I went to login and I got the same issue. Then I had two tabs that would not let me log in!

It seems to have fixed itself today. I didn't restart my browser or anything. So it was a new anomaly, for me anyway.

Dana

• edited December 1969

Put the magician prop freebie in my cart this morning.

Its status is still "pending".

Oy.

edited December 1969

Put the magician prop freebie in my cart this morning.

Its status is still "pending".

Oy.

Me, too. I put in a ZenDesk request. The person who answered today suggested that I reset the item in my order history. The problem is, that item doesn't show up in my order history! So I can't reset it. If you look at My Orders (on the dashboard), you'll see that shows the order status is: processing_auth.

Dana

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited December 1969

My order was cleared a couple of hours ago, without my having put a ticket in, so with luck there may be some auto-fix in place. Or they are just slogging through the orders in turn.

edited December 1969

Mine was fixed as well. I was told that they are working on the issues manually until the fix is in.

Dana

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

The title of this thread is:
    "Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link"

Until recently it was conveniently stickied to the top of the commons forum, but now it's not.

Since it doesn't appear that any significant work has yet begun on this forum or the old forum link, why has this still active thread been relegated to the depths of the commons forum where no one will ever again see it?

How about putting it back on the front page where it belongs?

If someone would fix the sorting order, this wouldn't be an issue.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well you know the old saying, the one that starts "You can please some of the people all of the time" ?

That is what is happening here. We have one section of the community that feel there are too many stickies, and another section that want the sticlies back.

It's a no win situation for us.

edited December 1969

But I'm sure that most of the folks from both camps want the forums and store fixed!

Dana

edited December 1969

Well there is now a link to this thread in the store issues thread, which has reappeared.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Right now I'd be happy if I could click on a link in the newsletter for a sale and have it go to the sale category rather than go to the main store page. Especially when I don't see anything anywhere to point me to the sale category.:roll:

And of course to load a page before my cats die... I've had several instances where the page just spun it's tires and I had to close it and try agian... SEVERAL times. Forum pages and store pages.

edited December 1969

Usually when the site runs very slowly it is a sign that the web guys are working on something.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

de3an said:
    The title of this thread is:
    "Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link"

Until recently it was conveniently stickied to the top of the commons forum, but now it's not.

Since it doesn't appear that any significant work has yet begun on this forum or the old forum link, why has this still active thread been relegated to the depths of the commons forum where no one will ever again see it?

How about putting it back on the front page where it belongs?

If someone would fix the sorting order, this wouldn't be an issue.

Well you know the old saying, the one that starts "You can please some of the people all of the time" ?

That is what is happening here. We have one section of the community that feel there are too many stickies, and another section that want the sticlies back.

It's a no win situation for us.

Well, up until the time that this thread was un-stickied, it was getting almost daily posts. Now, in the week that it's been hidden on the back pages, it has gotten zero.

The thread is definitely still relevant, but now no one sees it. I still feel that its move was a mistake, or worse, a misguided attempt to reduce the exposure of complaint discussions (I truly hope that's not the case).

Problems won't go away by sweeping them under the rug. The discussions need to be front and center until the problems are solved.

I would like to see this thread re-stickied.
  • Sam_16471Sam_16471 Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

Hi admin,

www.poserpros.com has many useful info. and tutorials.
    What is backup website of this?

Thanks in advance

• Fire AngelFire Angel Posts: 229
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I think that is down to FF, not the forum software.

No, it's a function of the site, which should be fixed. If it were FireFox it wouldn't happen in the other three browsers I've tried, but it does.