Victoria 6 has been released.

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Ok, I am probably going to sound incredibly stupid here but my brain is currently on overload trying to sort all this out. Especially since the DAZ P'TB have chosen not to give any clear, concise and useable information.

So, how the heck do I convert a standard V4 texture, one that was not made by DAZ or a DAZ PA, and turn it into a DUF? I have DS 4.5 (I haven't upgraded because I didn't need to).

Apply the texture to Genesis (1), save as a Materials Preset.

Thanks Richard. Somehow I expected it to be more complicated than that.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    icprncss said:
    Ok, I am probably going to sound incredibly stupid here but my brain is currently on overload trying to sort all this out. Especially since the DAZ P'TB have chosen not to give any clear, concise and useable information.

So, how the heck do I convert a standard V4 texture, one that was not made by DAZ or a DAZ PA, and turn it into a DUF? I have DS 4.5 (I haven't upgraded because I didn't need to).

Apply the texture to Genesis (1), save as a Materials Preset.

Thanks Richard. Somehow I expected it to be more complicated than that.

Not as I understand it.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

I made a short tutorial about how to add original Genesis gender-neutral shape to G2F. Can anybody check it and tell me if it worked for you and if you had any problems/questions?

• RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

V6 $28.00
    V6 starter bundle $56.00
    V6 Pro bundle $88.00

Do all 3 of them have the genitalia ?

• RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

Does V6 work with
    zBrush / Trasform / use posable symmerty ?

Thanks

• LocusSolusLocusSolus Posts: 59
    edited June 2013

RorrKonn said:
    V6 $28.00/ V6 starter bundle $56.00 / V6 Pro bundle $88.00
    Do all 3 of them have the genitalia ?

PRO bundle only as usual, however as explained in this thread, they are the same as V5 ones, which you can apply to V6 not uneasily.

Post edited by LocusSolus on
  • Escutcheon7DEscutcheon7D Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

ok that was unexpected!!! I used to love the way daz used to promote their stuff before it got released here in the commons. I remember looking forward to buying M4 when he was announced in late 2008 and renders and images were shown prior to his release. It gave a more anticipation to things and gave people time to put some money aside to buy the thing. Now daz just throws things in the store without warning.

So Daz PLEASE go back to doing preview threads of your new figures as i always like to anticipate your new stuff. I know you do this in the platinum members forums but do one here too, especailly if the next release is M6!!
    Victoria 6 looks great but was unexpected, so i wont be getting her for awhile.

Post edited by Escutcheon7D on
  • corrosecorrose Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Bought the most costly bundle, figure looks great but a major disappointment.
    In the figure library is a figure called "Genesis 2 Base Female" and I have no clue why it bears the genesis name, I have hundreds of dollars invested in Genesis clothing, hair etc, and none of it works on this new "Genesis" figure.

Also I'm thinking if I'm buying the most expensive bundle, I'm getting the works, but the morphs aren't even includes, that's an extra charge. The only hair, clothing etc that works on this figure are the new clothing and hair sets made specifically for this figure.

I also can't go in on the Genesis 2 figure and add shaping, like the Infernal Behemoth for example. You're limited to what comes with the figure.

I guess the joke is on my for not fully understanding how this works, I just thought "Genesis 2" was going to be a better version of "Genesis 1".

I'm not going to be investing in all new accessories, clothing, props, hair etc for a whole new figure.

The first genesis and it's versatility is what pulled me into Daz in the first place, think I'll just stick with that figure.

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

Morning,
    I see I have a "Genesis 2 Essentials" in my downloads. Is this all I need to take a look at the new Genesis 2, a preview so to speak?

Thanks.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Morning,
    I see I have a "Genesis 2 Essentials" in my downloads. Is this all I need to take a look at the new Genesis 2, a preview so to speak?

Thanks.

Yes, that's the base figure, like Genesis (although it does have expression morphs included).

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Morning,

Thanks.

Seems like Genesis 2 Female will be another free figure within DAZ studio. It is not a preview but a base figure like Genesis 1, except that it is not unisex but a female figure only.

• LocusSolusLocusSolus Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Having fooled around with this for a little bit now:

DO download and install G2F Starter Essentials -- it's free, so no harm done
    DO buy the G2F morphs bundle (painful as it is to re-buy things we already have)
    DO NOT buy V6

Fully true ! That's the most reason-reaching post of this thread, thanks Cwichura.

but,

[...] But you can save your money on V6, unless you really like her look.

and that's the problem, I LOVE her sooo much, she is really beautifull, DAZ ingeneers have performed awsome efforts to turn an V5 greek statued unexpressive supermodel into a pretty, as close to heart as possible, human feeling person, and we can't ignore the change, as far from marketing requirements it could be perceived.

I shall buy V6 because ladies are forever away from reasonable calculation.

• TriariusTriarius Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    nekollx said:
    meh i'll pass what i reallyed liked about genisis was that i could morph anyone into anything and that's a MAJOR selling point to me. Going back to a gender split model destroys my want to buy it.

I think exactly the same.
    Not sure when I'll get her, she's pretty, but right now I can't spend on a figure that is more limited than the original Genesis and that is missing my favorite feature. :/

Thank you. Hellboy, I value and respect your opinion, and this was exactly the advice I needed. I, too, will pass for now.

edited December 1969

It might be possible to transfer V6 shape back to Genesis, although I have my doubts about rigging and minute details.

• jakkujakku Posts: 91
    edited June 2013

Kind of disappointed :(

V4 UV is pretty bad, does not match on several areas such as nipples and so on, pretty useless then :(

EDIT: Fix already on the way for the UV problem that I had, so please disregard my comment, it is a wonderful product. :)

The pro bundle does not mention anything about genitalia so i assumed it would be a separate purchase, I bought pro bundle last time only because of that. Now price changed!

Post edited by jakku on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

Anybody not happy can get a refund

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

Jakku said:

V4 UV is pretty bad, does not match on several areas such as nipples and so on, pretty useless then :(

The pro bundle does not mention anything about genitalia so i assumed it would be a separate purchase, I bought pro bundle last time only because of that. Now price changed!

DAZ has a 30 days no questions asked return policy. Just file a support tick if you'd like to return it.

• Inner-Fire StudiosInner-Fire Studios Posts: 14
    edited June 2013

Soooooooo.... Tried to apply my favourite V5 textures to Genesis2 ... Doesn't seem to work even though G2 has option for v5 UV

OOPS.. should have read the forum before posting... only took a moment to save a material preset from genesis then apply it to G2

Post edited by Inner-Fire Studios on
  • MallenLaneMallenLane Posts: 159
    edited December 1969

Jakku said:

That UV should actually work better than the Genesis 1 UV did, so I'd like to see an example of what you are seeing, if possible? Thanks.

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited June 2013

Yeah, nice one. All the products are $3 more than they were a few hours ago. Thanks alot…

Post edited by Mr Bowen on
    edited December 1969

Mr Bowen said:
    Yeah, nice one. All the products are $3 more than they were a few hours ago. Thanks alot...

Yeah, I noticed that PC discount jumped up from 58% to 51%. Funny thing, if previously I had a fleeting though of buying morphpack, now this thought is gone completely.
  • jakkujakku Posts: 91
    edited December 1969

Jakku said:

That UV should actually work better than the Genesis 1 UV did, so I'd like to see an example of what you are seeing, if possible? Thanks.

I will gladly show you :) But I am afraid it is not appropriate for this forum, how can I show you and not break any rules or offend anyone?

Thanks for the reply

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
    edited December 1969

Jakku said:
    Jakku said:

I will gladly show you :) But I am afraid it is not appropriate for this forum, how can I show you and not break any rules or offend anyone?

Thanks for the reply

You can use deviantart account with nudity filter on and link to that if I recall correctly.

• BopperthijsBopperthijs Posts: 14
    edited June 2013

What I don't understand is that one hour ago I could get V6 pro for $51,- (PC) and now the price is $61,. Perhaps I need new glasses, but it looks like all the prices have risen while I had diner.

Edit : Missed some posts while I was typing.

Post edited by Bopperthijs on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

51% off is right for 30% intro plus 30% PC, and 58% off would be yesterday's 40% PC carrying over to today possibly

• shadowfire87shadowfire87 Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

It's just like Genesis and Victoria 5; there's a base and morph sets for the Genesis Base and then there's Victoria which is a character with its own morph preset (head and body).

Hellboy, yeah there should be a Genesis 2 Female base coming out shortly, not sure why it isn't out now unless it's going to be included in a Studio update or something.

Makes sense to me.

• BopperthijsBopperthijs Posts: 14
    edited June 2013

chohole said:
    51% off is right for 30% intro plus 30% PC, and 58% off would be yesterday's 40% PC carrying over to today possibly

Then I must have missed something, because when I checked in yesterday (22.00 GMT) it wasn't for sale.
    Ah, whatever, I just bought her.

Post edited by Bopperthijs on
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Late last night I added everything to my cart that I had been interested in pertaining to V6. Today I check in to get clarification of what is and is not included before I purchase and suddenly the price changes.

EPIC FAIL DAZ!

- Cart now empty.

The hourly changing of prices and sales or no sales is really frustrating and just completely a slap in the face to the consumers that are keeping your paychecks coming in. I am starting to wonder when DAZ store became the new Ebay.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Then I must have missed something, because when I checked in yesterday (22.00 GMT) it wasn't for sale.
    Ah, whatever, I just bought her.

There was an extra 10% on the Platinum Club discount for DAZ Originals yesterday - it's possible that it ran on into today. I have sent a query in to DAZ and if I get a definite answer I will let you know, but for now I think it probably was the end of the additional PC discount that you saw.

• TigerschneckeTigerschnecke Posts: 72
    edited June 2013

Geminii23 said:
    Late last night I added everything to my cart that I had been interested in pertaining to V6. Today I check in to get clarification of what is and is not included before I purchase and suddenly the price changes.

EPIC FAIL DAZ!

- Cart now empty.

The hourly changing of prices and sales or no sales is really frustrating and just completely a slap in the face to the consumers that are keeping your paychecks coming in. I am starting to wonder when DAZ store became the new Ebay.

I like Ebay. There you know the rules. Here, I think I have the time to take another look at a preview of a product (genesis2female for V6 Pro Bundle), and the price tag is upped. I don't care much if this is due to some technical excuse for a reason.

Besides, Genesis2Female does not seem to correctly accept any textures other than the base one in POSER. In DS, I can load any V5 texture, and it works. However, in Poser, any such texture is 1) applied to the wrong maps (e.g., "1_SkinFace" instead of "Face"). 2) the V5 UV map does not work. I have tried to create Poser Companion Files in DS first, and thus create .DUF files - but that does not seem to fix anything.

Has anyone managed to get this to work? I do not see any documentation, and I do not really know DS well enough. There is a V5 UV map included in the Genesis 2 starter essentials. I would like to know if I can trust the DSON-compatibility claim to any degree before investing any money in this - which I still might despite this incredibly annoying price roulette.

Seriously, there is half of a day of a "glitch carry over price thing", and the people who run this site don't expect good customers to get annoyed big time? Unbelieveable.

Post edited by Tigerschnecke on