Victoria 6 has been released.

Comments

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

after a few tests on G2F and also by reading here what's everyone feels about G2F, i'm totally not convinced by this new figure and wont invest a penny on it before we get some reliable tools to convert old stuff to be wearable by 6th generation, i dont want to re-buy loads of stuff

now i understand why we keep on finding new stuff for 4th generation on the market

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited June 2013

Sorry, I may be in the minority here but I’m not impressed. Not at what it is but the constant “new figure upgrades” we don’t need. Didn’t we just get the generation 5's in the last year or so? Why would I even look at Genesis 2 and the Generation 6 figures when I didnt even get the Gen 5 ones or use Genesis once?

Sorry, but I think I’ll stick to the Gen 3 and 4 figures. I cant afford to keep “upgrading” to a new figure, especially when the Gen 5's and Genesis have barely been touched by anyone making things for them.

Out of curiosity, how long did the Gen 3's last before getting replaced?

Not sure where you're going with that, but there's a wealth of content available for Genesis currently. That said, I'm not sold on V6 either. There are some significant advancements in the figure, of that there is no doubt at all, but I'm not ready to go back to splitting the genders and having to make twice the number of purchases once again.

As much as I love the many improvements they've made to the figure, I'm still baffled by their need to separate the two sexes in this way. I've seen nothing in the figure which couldn't be achieved with a unisex mesh, and I have no doubt that there will be a male morph for her. But losing the wealth of interchangeable morphs that Genesis has makes V6 a less attractive upgrade. And no age morphs either, that one is a critical loss. It's not a fault of the figure itself, but more strong concerns about her future.

Like I said, had she come before Genesis I'd be singing her praises, but having the power of a fully unisex morphing figure is something which still trumps the competition.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited June 2013

Posted this in the member's forum, but I'll say it here, too. So far my experiments with Genesis -> G2F autofit have all been poo. It's no better than Gen4->Genesis is. Only simple stuff converts adequately. You'd think with TriAx->TriAx, it could be more intelligent about converting the weight/rigidity/etc maps, but it looks like it does none of that, and instead simply replaces them outright with the maps in the clone projection template. So buttons, belt buckles, studs, etc all distort and no amount of smoothing is going to fix that. And shoes are 100% unusable still...

Since G2F base is free, I'd highly recommend people download and install it and try converting some of their own content before investing into V6 or any of the other G2F stuff...

Post edited by cwichura on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    For those on bandwidth-limited systems, here's a list of the filesizes of most of the V6 Pro Bundle:

Caped Rogue 53.9MB
    Caped Rogue Textures 96.8MB
    Casual Sexy Poses for Genesis 2 Female(s) 503kb
    Charm Hair 25.6MB
    Club 58 Dress 9.0MB
    Darkwoods Heroine 100.6MB
    Darkwoods Heroine Textures 180.5MB
    Fashion Hair 15.1MB
    Garden Party Dress 7.5MB
    Genesis 2 Female Genitalia 321kb
    Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs 13.9MB
    Genesis 2 Female Head Morphs 4.6MB
    Nocturne Poses for V6 590kb
    Nordic Hair 57.3MB
    Nordic Hair V4 Ps 48.5MB
    Norma 76.7MB
    Nyssa 69.5MB
    Pumps 2 for Victoria 6 6.6MB
    String Bikini for Victoria 6 20.5MB
    String Bikini for Victoria 6 Textures 15.7MB
    Sweet Emotion V6 538kb
    Udane Hair - Genesis 35.9MB
    Udane Hair - Genesis 2 Female 24.3MB
    Vianne for Victoria 6 63.0MB
    Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female 1.2MB
    Victoria 6 218.7MB

(and I've checked the ZIP file - that 218MB does NOT include the base Genesis 2 DUF).

Whoa, hold on - that lists at least three items that are NOT listed in the Pro bundle - the morphs and pumps are the ones that spring to mind - I was just about to hit 'buy' after having added the morphs to by in-basket.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Bobvan said:
    cwichura said:
    First few tests of transferring Gen1/V5 footwear (mostly stuff from dx30) to G2 are completely unusable. Lots of crumpling, just like with Gen4->Genesis. So G2/V6 basically has no shoes right now...

Wow this sh*t again.....

wow SERIOUSLY????? shoes for Genesis 1 don't autofit properly to Genesis 2????????????????
    that's bad. That's REALLY bad.
    I had no problem with the Cuban shoes...

gen2_test3_cuban_shoes_autofitted.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 118K
    edited December 1969

It's nice to see that G2F has returned the EyeSurface mat zone (now called EyeReflections). But this would have been the perfect time to split the left and right eyes into separate mat zones, with the legacy-support surface selection templates selecting both of them for you. Sadly, they did not do this, so we still have to hack G2F in the PGE to separate the eyes...

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    jakiblue said:
    Bobvan said:
    cwichura said:
    First few tests of transferring Gen1/V5 footwear (mostly stuff from dx30) to G2 are completely unusable. Lots of crumpling, just like with Gen4->Genesis. So G2/V6 basically has no shoes right now...

Wow this sh*t again.....

wow SERIOUSLY????? shoes for Genesis 1 don't autofit properly to Genesis 2????????????????
    that's bad. That's REALLY bad.
    I had no problem with the Cuban shoes...
    Wow, there are actually Gns1 shoes that autofit to Gns2 ? I tried 4 pairs and then gave up.

autofit_feet.jpg
    932 x 856 - 451K
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited December 1969

posted this in the member forum as well.. this is how it looks the first time i tried some clothes on the basic genesis 2 female...

cuffed tail hair - had to be fit manually since it only comes with fits for some of the generation igures (had to fit it manually on the genesis 1 too )

Mean streets for genesis male (pants, shoes and v-neck)

Only used autofit, didn't even put on textures on anything as I just wanted to check... anyhow. this is what it looekd like for me, so some things certainly autofit well.. not sure about all. And some shoes seem to work quite allright as well :)

genesis2cuffedtailmeanstreets.png
    1200 x 1200 - 398K
  • BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

I certainly did not see Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs 13.9MB or Genesis 2 Female Head Morphs 4.6MB in my product library

• michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

I for one will not be buying V6. I'm not bothered about yet another shape for the females and the clothes and hair don't interest me. Plus I don't want to have to buy an 'upgrade' so I can use the V4 shape again. What is with that? If you've already bought the gen4 shapes they should be able to work with the new stuff - or they offer a free update. You shouldn't have to keep buying a new version every time they make another generation.
    I'm not going to bother uploading Genesis 2 either if it means that there are certain autofit issues and pre-DUF skins won't work - most of the skins I own are Poser format. Also, I suppose that any clothes brought out will now be Genesis 2 compatible instead of Genesis 1. Why can't they just use the basic genesis format for all clothes and skins for Gen 5 and 6?

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    M F M said:
    For those on bandwidth-limited systems, here's a list of the filesizes of most of the V6 Pro Bundle:

Caped Rogue 53.9MB
    Caped Rogue Textures 96.8MB
    Casual Sexy Poses for Genesis 2 Female(s) 503kb
    Charm Hair 25.6MB
    Club 58 Dress 9.0MB
    Darkwoods Heroine 100.6MB
    Darkwoods Heroine Textures 180.5MB
    Fashion Hair 15.1MB
    Garden Party Dress 7.5MB
    Genesis 2 Female Genitalia 321kb

Nocturne Poses for V6 590kb
    Nordic Hair 57.3MB
    Nordic Hair V4 Ps 48.5MB
    Norma 76.7MB
    Nyssa 69.5MB

String Bikini for Victoria 6 20.5MB
    String Bikini for Victoria 6 Textures 15.7MB
    Sweet Emotion V6 538kb
    Udane Hair - Genesis 35.9MB
    Udane Hair - Genesis 2 Female 24.3MB
    Vianne for Victoria 6 63.0MB

Victoria 6 218.7MB

(and I've checked the ZIP file - that 218MB does NOT include the base Genesis 2 DUF).

Whoa, hold on - that lists at least three items that are NOT listed in the Pro bundle - the morphs and pumps are the ones that spring to mind - I was just about to hit 'buy' after having added the morphs to by in-basket.

i deleted the ones that were in there by accident...I think that should be correct for the Pro bundle?

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

All I know it only took a few minutes to convert a Poser V4 set of clothing to a V6 no problems at all !!!
    Excellent release !

Flash.jpg
    806 x 1000 - 500K
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    M F M said:

Sorry, I'm confusing people - there were EXTRA things in there. I'll go back and edit my post. Apologies for the confusion (v/\v).

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    SimonJM said:
    M F M said:

Sorry, I'm confusing people - there were EXTRA things in there. I'll go back and edit my post. Apologies for the confusion (v/\v).

LOL i edited my quote in the last post too - I think I confused MORE people as well. LOL.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

Two gen1 expressions in gen2fem versus gen1fem. Gen1 hair, v4 clothes and pose, gen1 expression.

I like expressions in gen2fem. Obviously difference in jaw avoid a complete translations, several moves in the mouth are lost.
    I hope gen2fem clothes can be exchanged with gen2male using autofit. a3,v3,m3,m4,v4 clothes can be translated through genesis 1. I hope morph can be converted with CCT or an incoming like genesis generation tool. Shoes make me cry.

pro.png
    677 x 860 - 194K
    rage1.jpg
    625 x 670 - 234K
    crying.jpg
    626 x 653 - 225K
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

posted this in the member forum as well.. this is how it looks the first time i tried some clothes on the basic genesis 2 female...

cuffed tail hair - had to be fit manually since it only comes with fits for some of the generation igures (had to fit it manually on the genesis 1 too )

Mean streets for genesis male (pants, shoes and v-neck)

Only used autofit, didn't even put on textures on anything as I just wanted to check... anyhow. this is what it looekd like for me, so some things certainly autofit well.. not sure about all. And some shoes seem to work quite allright as well :)

There seems to be quite a difference in autofitting with Gns2 selected and then loading the clothing, and with loading the clothing and then 'Fit to' (or drag and drop the clothing onto Gns2).
    'Fit to' and drag'n'drop is giving terrible results.
  • AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    Two gen1 expressions in gen2fem versus gen1fem. Gen1 hair, v4 clothes and pose, gen1 expression.

I like expressions in gen2fem. Obviously difference in jaw avoid a complete translations, several moves in the mouth are lost.
    I hope gen2fem clothes can be exchanged with gen2male using autofit. a3,v3,m3,m4,v4 clothes can be translated through genesis 1. I hope morph can be converted with CCT or an incoming like genesis generation tool. Shoes make me cry.

thing is, they could have made improved expressions as a morph pack for g1.

edited December 1969

download the gen2 items I've bought this is my first test render of Norma with Garden party dress and the silky dress shoes from genesis

norma.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 101K
  • michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:

thing is, they could have made improved expressions as a morph pack for g1.
    exactly, and now you have to buy yet another V4 shape to work with Genesis 2 - rip-off

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Well, I have mixed feelings over V6/G2. She looks good, and bends half decently (go light on the morph dials tho, hooo-boy!). But going back to a separate female figure is a big fail, duf only mats, also a fail, and shoeless...fail. Personally, I'm not buying all the same content all over again for this figure. Overall, I see no improvement at all over G1, but rather loosing functionality.

The footwear though...that's atrocious.

No_Shoes.jpg
    946 x 903 - 493K
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Xena said:
    jakiblue said:
    Xena said:
    cwichura said:
    So G2/V6 basically has no shoes right now...

Working on it (;

flat adventurer fantasy type boots? *begs & pleads* :D

Email me (:
    just did. Boy, I hope I got the right email. LOL
    Is that something that's likely to be coming to the store soon(tm)? (^/\^)
  • Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Can anyone who's bought the Genesis 2 Female Head Morphs confirm that they come with expressions?

They're in the promotional images but not listed in the "What's Included & Features" part.

edited December 1969

Can anyone who's bought the Genesis 2 Female Head Morphs confirm that they come with expressions?

What was the Evolution Expression morphs as a separate purchase for Genesis is now included as part of the G2F base figure.
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

In case anyone cares, I haven't bought V6, but did download the Genesis 2 Female Essentials. I tried the V5 Female Genitals on her and they fit via autofit, then applied the body texture to the genitals and it works very well. Looks perfect, so it would seem to me that it's not necessary to buy the Genitals over again. At least, not so far. I have only tried Gabi for V5 and Bree for V5, but I'm sure the others will have the same results.

edited December 1969

They're in the promotional images but not listed in the "What's Included & Features" part.

Hi Chris,

I bought the pro bundle and the morphs bundle. I've got expressions but I couldn't say where from.

see screen shot...

Untitled-1.jpg
    1095 x 1068 - 408K
  • MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Yes there are expressions, with all the morph packs, G2 looks the same in the parameters tab as G1.

• edited December 1969

It looks like the expressions come with the basic G2 pack. So far, I've just downloaded the Genesis 2 Female Starter Pack, and the expressions can be found in the Pose Control - Head - Expressions. Not sure if there's another bundle with more expressions, though.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

IF they made a simple bundle, with V6, and the morphs bundle, and one character, and the V4 to G2, THAT would be a good bundle.
    As it is, the other bundles seem rather worthless. I don't want to get a bunch of characters and clothes that will ONLY work on Genesis 2. At least with Genesis 1, we can use all the gen 4 textures and using Genx and Gen3/4 shapes, use all the existing characters and morphs. Using V6 is a major step down. If Daz made it cheap or free and convenient to port GenX and textures/UVs to gen2, as well as Sickle yield's fix for the autofit (pretty much unusable otherwise), then MAYBE it'd be worhtwhile. But buying V6 is just as risky as it is to buy any old new figure on the market. Yeah in one way V6 is kinda like V4, some say ... but not as easily used in Poser, and not as good as Genesis 1 in Daz. So there's very little real incentive to invest in V6 when the value is clearly in Genesis 1.

however, like i said, if Daz would have made a more practical starter for V6 that included V4-->G2, and all the morphs, and promised some better compatibility for other UV sets and morph sharing, THEN they'd have a major deal.
    The lack of that? Deal breaker.
    And it doesn't seem to work as well in 4.5 which is another major deal breaker.

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

Does Genesis 2 Female Genitalia belong to pro bundle only? Could someone confirm, please? Is it released with some different product?

• Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the replies.

Looks like the expressions do indeed come with the basic G2 figure. This is a pleasant suprise as last time they were sold separately and only made available at certain times etc.