Victoria 6 has been released.

Comments

• 3DScreencraft3DScreencraft Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

Brain caught up. DAZ Install Manager. Lol! Running off to download ...

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

I JUST got the V6 email, spent forever trying to et it in my bloody cart, and byt the time it finally shows in my cart and my coupon is entered, the tag is regular price. Who's butt do I kick?????????

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

And here she is : Genesis 2 Female

genesis2femaleHead.jpg
    1409 x 899 - 762K
    genesis2femaleBody.jpg
    1409 x 899 - 348K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited June 2013

Well... I have to say I'm rather underwhelmed by the new Genesis 2. Perhaps I'm too spoiled by Genesis 1.

Out of the box, Genesis had countless morphs to drastically change the look of the figure. Here we get none of that. Just a base figure with some basic morphs. The one morph I had hopes for, basic child, not only because I use a lot of children in renders, but also because it doubles as an aging tool, is conspicuous by its absence.

I really wanted to grab Genesis 2 and fall in love like I did with its predecessor, but I just can't with this new gal. I want to find a reason to purchase Genesis 2 goodies to make the most out of her, but again I just can't find one which doesn't already apply to Genesis.

I will say she's beautifully expressive, so it's far from being entirely negative. That alone has piqued my interest for future products. But until I see some form of Basic Child morph applied, Genesis 2 products aren't going to be high on my wishlist for now. I just need that extra flexibility that Genesis 1 still provides.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited June 2013

It was showing as full price but then suddenly it was showing at the sale price and I was able to get it :) :)

Post edited by Bea on
  • CrystalNovaCrystalNova Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

The discounts have dropped from 30% to 51-58% for most of the new Gen2/V6 products.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

ok discounts are back.
    :sigh: every time it happens.

ok, the new Genesis 2 female essentials that people are seeing in their DIM/product library...what does it consist of? And it doesn't override Genesis 1?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited June 2013

jakiblue said:
    ok discounts are back.

ok, the new Genesis 2 female essentials that people are seeing in their DIM/product library...what does it consist of? And it doesn't override Genesis 1?

It's basically the Genesis 2 Female figure and some rather fetching pink undies. And no, it doesn't harm your Genesis content.
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited June 2013

Never mind thanks bro im still backing up my current content files just in case...

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    ok discounts are back.

At the moment both Genesis 2 female Starter Essentials and Genesis (1) Starter Essentials are part of the free DAZ Studio 4.6 download in Product Library. So it seemt Genesis won´t be overwritten by Genesis 2.

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    ok discounts are back.

It's basically the Genesis 2 Female figure and some rather fetching pink undies. And no, it doesn't harm your Genesis content.

oh that's good, i really needed some fetching pink undies. *grin*

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

anyone here know if genesis 2 will work in 4.5?

edited December 1969

Genesis 2 Female also comes with the V5 Bree skin, but it's using the new "Base Female" UV mapping. The surfaces tab also has quite a lot of changes under Genesis 2 Female as well, it seems to have new aliases or groups, for example there's one called Skin, which selects all the skin surfaces on the figure. Genesis 2 Female also comes with V5 UV mapping, so it can use V5 Skins, but not A5/S5 etc skins.

• RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
    edited June 2013

Does V6 $28.00 have genitalia ? if not wich one ? thanks

Post edited by RorrKonn on
    edited December 1969

Okay, can anyone tell me how to get the Dimension Lights free? Having bought and checked out V6 Pro Bundle, I went back to claim the freebie and put it in my cart but it's not free. Am I being too impatient? I haven't even finished downloaded G2 in DIM yet, let alone V6. Haha!

edited December 1969

Okay, can anyone tell me how to get the Dimension Lights free? Having bought and checked out V6 Pro Bundle, I went back to claim the freebie and put it in my cart but it's not free. Am I being too impatient? I haven't even finished downloaded G2 in DIM yet, let alone V6. Haha!

it's possible you may need to have had it in your cart WITH the pro bundle. But just to be sure, open up a support ticket or contact DAZ about it.

edited December 1969

RorrKonn said:
    Does V6 $28.00 have genitalia ? if not wich one ? thanks

i think someone posted a picture earlier of what was in teh bundle from their product library account, and it looks like the genitalia is in the Pro bundle.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited June 2013

jakiblue said:
    ok discounts are back.

At the moment both Genesis 2 female Starter Essentials and Genesis (1) Starter Essentials are part of the free DAZ Studio 4.6 download in Product Library. So it seemt Genesis won´t be overwritten by Genesis 2.

Edit found it

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Well, it looks nice! As usual I am a bit confused with what stuff is or is not included with the Pro Bundle. It is like I need to get out a spreadsheet every time DAZ releases a new bundle to ensure I don't double purchase things.

Can anyone confirm whether or not previous content such as Hair, textures, etc will work on V6? And missing Genitalia in the Pro Bundle? Seriously?

edited December 1969

Out of the box, Genesis had countless morphs to drastically change the look of the figure. Here we get none of that. Just a base figure with some basic morphs. The one morph I had hopes for, basic child, not only because I use a lot of children in renders, but also because it doubles as an aging tool, is conspicuous by its absence.

Maybe it will be a separate figure as well. So in the end we will have Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male and Genesis 2 Child...

I just hope when DAZ sometime in the future starts working on yet another generation of figures (V7 etc.) they won´t decide that it is impossible to achieve both convincing realistic-looking (Vicky, MIke, Stephanie, David) and non-realistic-looking (Hiro, Girl, Hitomi, Freak etc.) people from the same base figure, and that it is absolutely necessary to have a separate base figure for each. So that will then be Genesis 3 Victoria (hopefully with Stephanie included), Genesis 3 Aiko, Genesis 3 Girl, Genesis 3 Michael (maybe with David included), Genesis 3 Freak, Genesis 3 Hiro etc.

If you think I am thinking too much in advance, don´t be mistaken. If you consider the rather short period of time for which Genesis 1 has been on the market before Genesis 2 appeared, then Genesis 3 might be just around a corner. :) And if you think going back to separate figures for each sounds impossible and too backwards, just look at the now separate Genesis 2 Female and Male figures and the reason given by DAZ as to why is it necessary to return from unisex to gender-separate figures. The same logic could very well apply to realistic and non-realistic figures too...

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    For those on bandwidth-limited systems, here's a list of the filesizes of most of the V6 Pro Bundle:

Caped Rogue 53.9MB
    Caped Rogue Textures 96.8MB
    Casual Sexy Poses for Genesis 2 Female(s) 503kb
    Charm Hair 25.6MB
    Club 58 Dress 9.0MB
    Darkwoods Heroine 100.6MB
    Darkwoods Heroine Textures 180.5MB
    Fashion Hair 15.1MB
    Garden Party Dress 7.5MB
    Genesis 2 Female Genitalia 321kb
    Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs 13.9MB
    Genesis 2 Female Head Morphs 4.6MB

Nocturne Poses for V6 590kb
    Nordic Hair 57.3MB
    Nordic Hair V4 Ps 48.5MB
    Norma 76.7MB
    Nyssa 69.5MB
    Pumps 2 for Victoria 6 6.6MB
    String Bikini for Victoria 6 20.5MB
    String Bikini for Victoria 6 Textures 15.7MB
    Sweet Emotion V6 538kb
    Udane Hair - Genesis 35.9MB
    Udane Hair - Genesis 2 Female 24.3MB
    Vianne for Victoria 6 63.0MB
    Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female 1.2MB
    Victoria 6 218.7MB

(and I've checked the ZIP file - that 218MB does NOT include the base Genesis 2 DUF).

quoting this so people can see it again. I've bolded the bits about the genitalia and the body morphs/head morphs - which are actually NOT listed on the product page, so I didn't realize that the morphs came with the pro bundle.

• BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

I saw the Lights as free after I had bought the Bundle.
    V6 will only work in DS 4.6 I believe

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

So we need to refresh DS DL to get genesis 2??

You can download the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials separately.

edited December 1969

i'm just rereading M F M's post above, where he's/she's posted the files sizes of what is in the pro bundle....

Is that correct that http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female AND http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/genesis-2-female-body-morphs AND http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/genesis-2-female-head-morphs are included in the PRO bundle??? None of those are listed on the product page as being included so I want to double check that...those were the 3 products I was looking at, but if htey are in the pro bundle, then I might get that, despite not liking most of the products in it.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

The strongest option of Gen5 was that i can use any Genesis Clothing on any Genesis Character. If I can't use clothes from V6 on other characters, then this is a step backward and not fiorward. That means, that characters like Sadie or Jasmin for Genesis 6 (if they will be come) need their own clothes again and that means, that they get the normal support for Toon characters, which is about zero.

Another good point of Gen5 is the downward compatibilty to Gen4 via AutoFit and the additional tools to add all the morphs from Gen4 characters to Gen5. Now it sucks, that we need o buy any new morphpackages again. If I want use my V4 textures I need to spend another 10 bucks. If M6 is available there's I need another 10$ to use my M4 Textures. What's up with the morph-converter tools like GenX. If i would like to use Jepe's Benny morph on M5 I need the Genereation X tool, not sure, if tis tools will be updated. If I want to use him on the later M6 I need another tool, which i have to pay again for.

Meanwhile I can understand, why poser users just mostly the Gen4 figures. I think about to cancel my PC-membership.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    i'm just rereading M F M's post above, where he's/she's posted the files sizes of what is in the pro bundle....

Is that correct that http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female AND http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/genesis-2-female-body-morphs AND http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/genesis-2-female-head-morphs are included in the PRO bundle??? None of those are listed on the product page as being included so I want to double check that...those were the 3 products I was looking at, but if htey are in the pro bundle, then I might get that, despite not liking most of the products in it.

I second that! Can someone please confirm. If V4 for Genesis 2 is included and the Morphs are included then the Pro does seem like a better deal now.

Also, thanks for providing the list! Glad to see updated Genitalia is included.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

First few tests of transferring Gen1/V5 footwear (mostly stuff from dx30) to G2 are completely unusable. Lots of crumpling, just like with Gen4->Genesis. So G2/V6 basically has no shoes right now...

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

it's possible you may need to have had it in your cart WITH the pro bundle. But just to be sure, open up a support ticket or contact DAZ about it.

That wouldn't work ... they're releasing a freebie every day, so it can't be an "in cart with". Though I saw, too late, that the percentage savings on the other stuff has a little note saying that those have to be in the cart all at once, which is annoying.

I'll wait and see what happens; I think they're working frantically to make it all happen properly, at the moment. I'll give it time. :D

edited December 1969

I just got the pro bundle and only Genesis 2 Female Genitalia was included, NOT Genesis 2 Female Body & Head Morphs.

• XenaXena Posts: 650
    edited December 1969

If I can't use clothes from V6 on other characters,

You will be able to use V6 clothing on Genesis 2, but not Genesis 1 without AutoFitting it.