Victoria 6 has been released.

Comments

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited June 2013

For those on bandwidth-limited systems, here's a list of the filesizes of most of the V6 Pro Bundle, AND a few extras!

Caped Rogue 53.9MB
    Caped Rogue Textures 96.8MB
    Casual Sexy Poses for Genesis 2 Female(s) 503kb
    Charm Hair 25.6MB
    Club 58 Dress 9.0MB
    Darkwoods Heroine 100.6MB
    Darkwoods Heroine Textures 180.5MB
    Fashion Hair 15.1MB
    Garden Party Dress 7.5MB
    Genesis 2 Female Genitalia 321kb
    Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs 13.9MB
    Genesis 2 Female Head Morphs 4.6MB
    Nocturne Poses for V6 590kb
    Nordic Hair 57.3MB
    Nordic Hair V4 Ps 48.5MB
    Norma 76.7MB
    Nyssa 69.5MB
    Pumps 2 for Victoria 6 6.6MB
    String Bikini for Victoria 6 20.5MB
    String Bikini for Victoria 6 Textures 15.7MB
    Sweet Emotion V6 538kb
    Udane Hair - Genesis 35.9MB
    Udane Hair - Genesis 2 Female 24.3MB
    Vianne for Victoria 6 63.0MB
    Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female 1.2MB
    Victoria 6 218.7MB

(and I've checked the ZIP file - that 218MB does NOT include the base Genesis 2 DUF).

NOTE: the above list does not represent what comes in just the Pro bundle!

Post edited by M F M on
  • MysticXMysticX Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

The overriding thought for me is "So i have to re-buy everything again?"

I spent a lot on morph-packs for Genesis (A4 V4 H4 shape, expression- shape- and muscle-morphs), at least auto-fit doesn't make clothing completely obsolete anymore, but still...

What might sway me is an upgrade scheme, where we can get a discount on a certain morph-pack if you have the Genesis1-equivalent (Getting it for free is too much to ask, i know), and a bit more documentation and example pictures as to what makes Genesis2 so special besides the rather vague claims on the promo page so far

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Heheheh... first view of V6... after an error message "could not find file /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf"...

... I like the advance in technology - look at how smoothly those cubes bend ;-).

(that's after downloading the "Victoria 6" product and installing with DIM btw...).

Not entirely sure, but I think you may have to have 4.6 installed. If u do already, then disregard my post lol

• FremmenFremmen Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

I am amazed but not surprised that they would release a product without the base being released.

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Heheheh... first view of V6... after an error message "could not find file /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf"...

... I like the advance in technology - look at how smoothly those cubes bend ;-).

(that's after downloading the "Victoria 6" product and installing with DIM btw...).

Not entirely sure, but I think you may have to have 4.6 installed. If u do already, then disregard my post lol
    (yep, this is 4.6 ^_^)

I'll post a wireframe once I can >_<.</p>

• TeloxiTeloxi Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

I was happy with V4 came out. Though there were some things I would have liked they added from V3.

When V5 came out (and forced me to download d/s) she was pretty and thanks to genesis, could mix a lot of different morphs/characters (V4/A4/S4/V5...elite?) together and make completely different characters than V4 was ever capable of which I loved (why can't they do that for a Poser version?! base figure you can throw more than Mill 4 morphs into?).

But V5 has limits (and I discovered I hate D/S with a passion and it's set up sucks compared to the simplicity of Poser but I loved being able to put V4 clothes on V5). And now V6? Seems Daz is going forward by going backward...? Having to rebuy things isn't very cost effective for artists - certainly those on budgets. I'd love to play with V6...but there are too many draw backs - including the Genesis figure being solely for Daz Studio (despite the importer - which I have and need to redownload for the updated version...)

Good try Daz. Try again.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Well. I admit that I like the base figure. But I am not convinced that I *need* the base figure.

I sure don't need any of her outfits. I swear, there isn't anything *whatsoever* in the pro pack that I like, at all, other than the pose sets. Well, okay, I don't hate the hair. But I've already got plenty of hair models.

Sorry DAZ. Not this time. Or not now, anyway.

that's kinda exactly what I thought when I was checking out the pro bundle.
    I don't do contemporary outfits so that horrible skimpy dress is out - i LOVE fantasy outfits but i refuse to buy the ones that come with stiletto heels or pants that stop at the knee so you're limited to what flat boots you can swap the stiletto ones out with - i like one of the hairs but i already have one that is extremely similar to it, and to be honest, the poses are the ONLY thing I'd be interested in.

I think i will be passing on the bundles completely, and possibly just picking up the base figure and those two morph packs (why aren't they included in the bundles? are they required to be able to use new characters???).

And I can't quite work out what the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female product does - is it required if you want to put your V4 skins on V6? Does it mean you can use V4 characters on V6 without using GenX?

• GigabeatGigabeat Posts: 164
    edited June 2013

Isn't releasing V6 before Gen2 a bit like putting the cart before the horse? Maybe they're following Microsoft lead. Release Win8 without start button then backtrack. Release XBox One with game locks then backtrack. Release Genesis which breaks away from Poser then backtrack. Daz basically gave their 3D content away in these massive sales over the past 2 months (thank you Daz my credit card loves you) which I guess to get Poser users to convert but I think the Poser users dug their heals in and weren't taking the bait. Maybe this is why we have Gen 2. Well that's my conspicuous theory, which certainly beats a calendar that run out of numbers. ;)

Post edited by Gigabeat on
  • PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

I thought the pro bundle wasn't a horrible price, until I clicked on one of the characters and realized you also have to buy 2 morph packages to use the characters included in the bundle, and then there's the V4 thing for the autofit. $$$! I loved the expressions on the promos for the Gwen hair, and assumed those were V6, but those aren't in the new V6 expressions and, frankly, the expressions that are in the bundles don't look that special or super-realistic. I think I'll be holding off as well. Even if the freebies do add some value, a good chance I'll have some of them.

edited June 2013

GigaBeat said:
    Isn't releasing V6 before Gen2 a bit like putting the cart before the horse?...

It's an amusing situation we're in right now >_<... I'm just impressed they didn't do it on Friday afternoon ;-).</p>

Right now I'm bouncing up and down on the DIM 'Refresh' button, to see how long it takes before something "Genesis 2"-like appears in my Updates. (~_~)

Post edited by M F M on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

It does seem a little strange just releasing a figure without any real info on how it works and what you need to make it do so. And releasing the base figure you need to make it work first would have been a good idea.

I'll keep my powder dry till we get some official information as to what we're actually getting here. It'll also be very disappointing if, when the Genesis 2 base does come out, the prices for all the V6 stuff have gone back up to full price.

Throw us a bone guys!

CHEERS!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

oh come ON!!!!! The price for the V6 base just jumped up to full price!!! No discounts on it! A few seconds ago when I was looking at it, it was MUCH cheaper. WTF???

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Oh, LOL, that didn't take long, maybe Genesis 2 will follow soon after!?

CHEERS!

• edited December 1969

Despite these error messages in Daz Studio 4.6 'Pro':
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/PBMNavel.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf

I have to say that the cubes are highly shaded. The primer gray has a subtle, yet distinctive, spectularity to it. And, the geometric shapes make me wonder if LEGO™ will soon send a cease-and-desist letter.

When that happens, and a version is released that even hints at something carbon-based, let us know. :)

thanks!

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

if anyone can test V6 in poser pro 2014 please let me know how she does there...speed etc...thanks!

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

JimGale said:

I have to say that the cubes are highly shaded. The primer gray has a subtle, yet distinctive, spectularity to it. And, the geometric shapes make me wonder if LEGO™ will soon send a cease-and-desist letter.

When that happens, and a version is released that even hints at something carbon-based, let us know. :)

thanks!

Yay! We have our very own Minecraft characters now!
  • nekollxnekollx Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

JimGale said:

thanks!

Yay! We have our very own Minecraft characters now!

I'm pretty sure the black block are made of carbon though....

• XenaXena Posts: 650
    edited December 1969

If you are getting the cubes it means there's something wrong with the geometry. I'd suggest re-installing from a fresh download, or downloading a manual install rather than through DIM.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Yeah, the price went from 58% off to full price. That's a no-go DAZ!

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Genesis2 Female Starter Essentials just popped up in my Product Library.
    Yay, let's download and play with the new goodies :-D

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

hm i think they read the forums and "...oh the genesis 2 female base is missing". The high Price that no one buys this at the moment ;)

edited December 1969

Xena said:
    If you are getting the cubes it means there's something wrong with the geometry. I'd suggest re-installing from a fresh download, or downloading a manual install rather than through DIM.

Ah yes, I see my Product Library has a "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials" that isn't showing up in DIM. dl'ing now... thanks for the hint Xena (^_^)n
  • BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

can anyone tell me what price these tiems shouldbe at?
    I am not sure if I am seeing a 30% off or not on the various V6 bundles.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,309
    edited December 1969

Genesis2 Female Starter Essentials just popped up in my Product Library.
    Yay, let's download and play with the new goodies :-D

Hope it doesn't override Genesis.
    Lets as know how it goes please.

• 3DScreencraft3DScreencraft Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

Argh! I had the Pro Bundle in my cart, went off to add more stuff, came back and the Pro Bundle is full price again!!! Let's hope it's just a glitch while they sort their lives out. I really think the G6 version looks better than G5 ... it would be NICE though to have an upgrade price for those who keep shelling out on every upgrade that comes around. I only just got V5 and here comes V6! My credit card is going to bludgeon me to death. lol!

So I'm hanging out, waiting to see G6 appear, AND huge discounts on V6 ... how sad am I? hehehe!

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Just showed up in DIM...

edited December 1969

.... and in the blink of an eye, it went back down to the sale price. LOL!!!

edited December 1969

Okay, I know my brain is still sleep-morphed, but what is DIM??

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Okay, I know my brain is still sleep-morphed, but what is DIM??

DAZ Install Manager

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

DAZ Install Manager