Victoria 6 has been released.

HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
edited June 2013 in The Commons
Post edited by Hellboy on

Comments

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

Looks live now, but I wonder where Genesis 2 actually is. ;)

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Guess my store credit is safe until morning, as I figure I should get Genesis 2 first and I have no idea how yet ^^;

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

Where is Genesis 2 herself.... or do you have to buy Victoria 6??

• CrystalNovaCrystalNova Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Yeah I'd like to know where Genesis 2 is as well, there's morphs, but not figure, or an update in the install manager.

• scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

i wont step into V6 until i can find a standalone Genesis2 figure to have some tests on it...

• LocusSolusLocusSolus Posts: 59
    edited June 2013

Bye Vicky 5, it was a little bit short for my taste but intense romance.

(I do not see the genitals in the V6 Pro bundle, does it mean they come built-in with the standard V6 model?)

Post edited by LocusSolus on
  • HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

Could be wrong but I'm afraid there is no Genesis 2, just Victoria 6, like the old Victoria 4 and other female characters spawning from her.
    Seems like a huge step backwards to me. But what can one do?

edited December 1969

Nah, there's a Genesis 2 Female base, the morph sets for it are in the store. Just have to wait until DAZ puts the base figure out.

• CrystalNovaCrystalNova Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

V6 doesn't say anything about providing/list Genesis 2 Female base shape and why would they call the morphs Genesis 2 Femal rather than V6 morphs?

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    Could be wrong but I'm afraid there is no Genesis 2, just Victoria 6, like the old Victoria 4 and other female characters spawning from her.
    Seems like a huge step backwards to me. But what can one do?

Well Victoria 6 comes with separate head and body shape presets, so I'm guessing there must be a stand alone Genesis 2 Female someplace. Maybe genesis essentials will be updated to include it??? Or is is a free product not up in store yet???

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

According to the Doc Center Readme section there is a "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials", but it links to a page that says product not yet released, watch the New Releases section of the store...

I don't know if that means "Free" or not though...

edited December 1969

It's just like Genesis and Victoria 5; there's a base and morph sets for the Genesis Base and then there's Victoria which is a character with its own morph preset (head and body).

Hellboy, yeah there should be a Genesis 2 Female base coming out shortly, not sure why it isn't out now unless it's going to be included in a Studio update or something.

edited December 1969

Checking some of the clothes products marketing data they seem to be only for Genesis-2 and no mention if they work for Genesis 1 figures.

• nekollxnekollx Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

meh i'll pass what i reallyed liked about genisis was that i could morph anyone into anything and that's a MAJOR selling point to me. Going back to a gender split model destroys my want to buy it.

edited December 1969

Checking some of the clothes products marketing data they seem to be only for Genesis-2 and no mention if they work for Genesis 1 figures.

Heh, well yeah, Victoria 4 clothes didn't say they worked with Victoria 3 when they came out. Maybe someone will come up with a way to get them to work in the future though.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I'm going to mull all this over. I'm not jumping in right now.

edited December 1969

nekollx said:
    meh i'll pass what i reallyed liked about genisis was that i could morph anyone into anything and that's a MAJOR selling point to me. Going back to a gender split model destroys my want to buy it.

I think exactly the same.
    Not sure when I'll get her, she's pretty, but right now I can't spend on a figure that is more limited than the original Genesis and that is missing my favorite feature. :/

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited June 2013

For the use of V4 skins and clothes you have to buy this: http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female
    No possibility to fit M4 clothes on her ...

Not impressed by the Buy V6 Pro Bundle and receive a free item each day ... todays is Dimension Lights 1 - which I have anyway.
    Another promo for those daily freebies showed the barn ...
    http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2013/special/06-20v6/06-20v6.html

Post edited by Kerya on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited June 2013

Whata scam so is genesis 2 going to be included in future releases of DS? and are going to have to re purchase all the base figures again...

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • OridionOridion Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    For the use of V4 skins and clothes you have to buy this: http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

Maybe once the M4 equivalent comes out, it will work? lol. Otherwise, Daz is forcing gender roles on us... there's nothing wrong with cross-dressing. ;-P
  • scal.64.psscal.64.ps Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

actually my feeling about the G2V6 release is "so far, not so good"
    seems i'll really pass on it and keep focused on generation 5 characters

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

So we have to re-purchase the Gen4 and Gen3 shapes for a new version of Genesis that's now gender split?... :S

And purchase separate morph packs for each base.
    Not sure I'm understanding the logic either. :S

And about Victoria 4 textures:
    "Due to a limitation in how DAZ Studio handles presets, only material presets which are in DUF format can be directly applied. Any existing material presets must be re-saved in DUF format from the original Victoria 4."

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Yeah- Hellboy, can you explain that to me? Does that mean almost everything has to be converted? I don't know much about files, but anything like this sounds like an extra step or more that I shouldn't have to be taking!

edited December 1969

Going to bed now...I hope we can please try and keep an open mind until we actually get the Genesis 2 base and know more about how everything works. I'll admit, I'm not thrilled with the figure split either, but DAZ says that Genesis 2 is a good upgrade so let's wait and see.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited June 2013

Heheheh... first view of V6... after an error message "could not find file /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf"...

... I like the advance in technology - look at how smoothly those cubes bend ;-).

(that's after downloading the "Victoria 6" product and installing with DIM btw...).

first_v6.png
    1383 x 994 - 82K
    Post edited by M F M on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Well. I admit that I like the base figure. But I am not convinced that I *need* the base figure.

I sure don't need any of her outfits. I swear, there isn't anything *whatsoever* in the pro pack that I like, at all, other than the pose sets. Well, okay, I don't hate the hair. But I've already got plenty of hair models.

Sorry DAZ. Not this time. Or not now, anyway.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Yeah- Hellboy, can you explain that to me? Does that mean almost everything has to be converted? I don't know much about files, but anything like this sounds like an extra step or more that I shouldn't have to be taking!

I have no idea either.
    I don't want to be negative, but I only see steps backwards at a bigger cost.

I wish DAZ the best and really hope I'm missing the point, but for now, I'm staying with the original Genesis myself since it seems to be much more powerful so far.

edited December 1969

Yea I agree... V6 body might be worth getting for nude renders... esp. if some of those extra thousands of polygons are in the right places. But I am not interested in another investment in clothes or tools to convert old clothes... been down that road too often.

• H. J. ValdiH. J. Valdi Posts: 98
    edited June 2013

Genesis 2 female morphs are available, but I'm not seeing any muscularity morphs as yet. Which kinda ruins my plans for using her. Hoping they're going to be along soon.

Not too impressed with the split gender thing with Genesis 2 either. That's modern business for you, I guess.

Post edited by H. J. Valdi on