Hexagon to DAZ export - not working due to version required

seanclarkeseanclarke Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Hi, using Daz 3D and want to export to Hexagon.

I click "Send to Hexagon" and get the message "The Hexagon Bridge requires Hexagon v2.5.1.52 or higher"

I have Hexagon 2.5.1.79 installed so it should.

Anyone have any clues as to what I can do to get this working.

Reported this to Daz 7 days ago and not had a sniff of an answer from them = poor

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What version of DAZ Studio are you using? Help > About DAZ Studio will tell you the exact version number.

In my setup, I have a file called dzInstall.ini in C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D, and it contains the paths to Bryce and Hexagon among other things. See if you have that file? I have fixed this in the past with the Bryce app, by uninstalling Bryce and DS, and then reinstalling both with DS being installed first.

• seanclarkeseanclarke Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm using Daz Studio v 4.6.0.18 Pro Edition (64-bit)

and Hexagon v2.5.1.79

In my C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D folder I don't have any files just directories.
    - dson
    - Hexagon 2
    - INstallManager
    - Studio 3
    - Studio 4

However the file you refer to does exist in the Administrator user path of the same name (C:\Users\administrator\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D)

If I run Daz 3D in administrator mode it does work !!!

But then only some of my models are available as some things look like they have been installed as administrator and some as my user - very confusing....

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I'm using Daz Studio v 4.6.0.18 Pro Edition (64-bit)

and Hexagon v2.5.1.79

In my C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D folder I don't have any files just directories.
    - dson
    - Hexagon 2
    - INstallManager
    - Studio 3
    - Studio 4

However the file you refer to does exist in the Administrator user path of the same name (C:\Users\administrator\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D)

If I run Daz 3D in administrator mode it does work !!!

But then only some of my models are available as some things look like they have been installed as administrator and some as my user - very confusing....

there you go - you got it - dump the user and only run as administrator
    thats the best way .
    you don't need the user any way .

• FelixFFDSFelixFFDS Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

Thanks to both. I am pleased that you solved my problem before I realized I was going to have it ... :)