Icons for Categories Folders?

martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is it possible to assign custom and differents icons to custom categories folders in content library tab?

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

gilikshe said:
    Is it possible to assign custom and differents icons to custom categories folders in content library tab?

Yes it is. You just need a png image with the same name as the folder in the same directory that folder is located in. So, if you had a folder called 'Myfolder', then in the same directory you would also have Myfolder.png.

Hope this helps

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Yes it is. You just need a png image with the same name as the folder in the same directory that folder is located in. So, if you had a folder called 'Myfolder', then in the same directory you would also have Myfolder.png

This would be really handy! I wonder if I'm misunderstanding how this works or what was asked for though. I tried this, but didn't see any change. Is the png supposed to be placed in the top level of the mapped runtime that contains the content? Does it have to be a certain size? Do I have to enable this functionality somewhere? Also, what png should be used if one content library folder contained items of content from two different mapped runtimes that each had two different png images with the same name?
    Perhaps an example can point out my error, if any: I tried creating "C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Riesch\My Documents\random single runtime\AAA.png", and I'm looking for a change in the content library folder Categories > Objects > AAA, which contains, among other content, a content thumbnail from "C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Riesch\My Documents\random single runtime\Runtime\Libraries\Character\Park_Freight\!Pre_All.cr2". "C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Riesch\My Documents\random single runtime" is the content mapping.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Are you talking about icons for folders under "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats", or on Categories? I don't know if you can add icons to Categories.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys, but I refer to Categories the fifth option in content library, no “DAZ Studio Formats” nor “Poser Formats”, with physical* folders like these I know that icons are possible, but Custom Categories I suppose are labels in a database, so I want to know if is possible set icons different to the two notebook icons, if two icons are possibles one with U letter and another without letter, I think maybe more icons can be supported but I ignore if there is a chance to changes.

* well, these also are labels but... you understand me :P