[Released] Altern8 - Skin Shader System for Genesis 8 [Commercial]

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Looks like another winner for my content tool box.  Thanks hon! 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    RAMWolff said:

Looks like another winner for my content tool box.  Thanks hon! 

Agree

• I'm in...looks great!

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It is now on my "Watch Like a Hawk" list!

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Ya I’ve been watching for it everyday hopefully it’ll drop soon lol

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

ditto that.  :)

j

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

Me as well also in addtion.

• SadeSade Posts: 883

cant wait the release

• ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596

This looks good! Let it drop! Let it drop!  cool

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited April 2018
    Ati said:

Well this Altern8 set isn't really designed for the G2 skins, so you're probably going to need to do some tweaking to the settings to get decent results. But you CAN use Altern8 with geographs. Just make sure to have the character and the geographs selected in the scene tab and then make sure the skin parts of both the character and the geographs are selected in the surfaces tab:

Then you can use the "gen" shaders to apply Altern8 settings so the character and the geographs.

Genesis 2 materials are set up quite differently than most G3 and G8 characters though, so what you're going to want to do with G2 skin is to manually apply the base texture map to the skin's  "Translucency Color" zones in the surfaces tab.

Here I've used Cayman Studios' Legacy UVs for Genesis 8 to apply Liquid Rust's Carissa skin textures to RareStone's Minami figure. Here's a before and after Altern8 (the first one being the "out of the box" Carissa skin settings and the second is the Carissa skin textures after applying the Altern8 settings and adding her base skin texture maps to the "Translucency Color" slots.

But again because of how G2 skin is set up you have to manually add the skin texture maps to the "Translucency Color" slots on both the character and geographs if you want to get the best look with the Altern8 settings and G2 skin.

For Geographs w Altern8 settings.JPG
    147 x 704 - 34K
    Post edited by 3Diva on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,079

Thanks, @Divamakeup, this does seem interesting. :)

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

wow.. just.. wow! this looks absolutely amazing! what a huge improvement in realism to those skins! kudos @Divamakeup ! yes

can't wait for the release, and this might well be one of the first products ever i buy immediately at release without sticking it first for eons on my wishlist or wait until they're in a bargain sale... (except maybe Lucas 8 who looks almost like my fav actor... *cough* - he still had to wait a few weeks tho). honestly, i would feel like every render from now on until i have this in my runtime is a waste of time! ^^

Ati said:

Ok, it looks like the easiest way to use the G2 Cayman Studios' geographs with Atlern8 is to load the G2 character who's skin textures you want to use, apply the Altern8 settings using the "gen" shaders to the character's skin and use the included eye settings to enhance the G2 eyes, then when you have the skin and everything looking the way you like save it as a Material Preset. You can then apply that Material Preset like you normally would apply a texture to the G8 character and geographs.

I hope that helps! :)

Using that method here's Eisa for Victoria 6's textures on Alexandra 8:

wow.. just.. wow! this looks absolutely amazing! what a huge improvement in realism to those skins! kudos @Divamakeup ! yes

can't wait for the release, and this might well be one of the first products ever i buy immediately at release without sticking it first for eons on my wishlist or wait until they're in a bargain sale... (except maybe Lucas 8 who looks almost like my fav actor... *cough* - he still had to wait a few weeks tho). honestly, i would feel like every render from now on until i have this in my runtime is a waste of time! ^^

Thank you! I'm very much looking forward to the release as well. :) I'm excited to see what people do with the product! laugh

Ati said:

Ok, it looks like the easiest way to use the G2 Cayman Studios' geographs with Atlern8 is to load the G2 character who's skin textures you want to use, apply the Altern8 settings using the "gen" shaders to the character's skin and use the included eye settings to enhance the G2 eyes, then when you have the skin and everything looking the way you like save it as a Material Preset. You can then apply that Material Preset like you normally would apply a texture to the G8 character and geographs.

I hope that helps! :)​

Thank you, I'll keep this in mind until I can try it. :)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

I think it may be dropping into the store now. All I can see is swirlies, but you're listed among todays featured artists.

JOdel said:

I think it may be dropping into the store now. All I can see is swirlies, but you're listed among todays featured artists.

Excellent! That's good news! :D 

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited April 2018

what do you meen with geograph diva ? uv maps ?

or geograft ?

Post edited by Ruphuss on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

Congratulations! I'll get it this week.

edited April 2018
    Ruphuss said:

what do you meen with geograph diva ? uv maps ?

or geograft ?

The product that was asked about was one of Cayman Studios' "Legacy UVs" products - which uses geographs to "do their thing". I was only explaining that the Altern8 settings can be used with his products but that the easiest way is to save a Material Preset with the Altern8 settings applied to the textures and then one can easily apply that to the Cayman Studios geographs like you normally would apply textures.

Post edited by 3Diva on
    xyer0 said:

Congratulations! I'll get it this week.

Thank you for the Congratulations - and I hope you enjoy the product when you get it. :)

• ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596

AWesome, congratz @Divamakeup  I will get this soon.  cool

It's out! Nice, congratulations! :)

Thank you, guys! :D

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Diva, I see settings for various characters. What do you use for the base figure with our own textures? Also, the readme says there should be presets under materials, but I don't see anything under materials.

edited April 2018

Diva, I see settings for various characters. What do you use for the base figure with our own textures? Also, the readme says there should be presets under materials, but I don't see anything under materials.

Hmm The settings should be under: Shader Presets >> Altern8 Skin Shader System

I think they set it up to under the materials if you have a G8 character loaded and then under Materials >> Iray >> Feminine >> Altern8 - Skin Shader System for Genesis 8

I like the set up under Shader Presets better, personally as I have folders set up that are a bit easier to navigate imo. :)

The "No Maps" presets (with green icons) are the ones that can be used with other characters and other textures (as well as if you change makeup, eye colors, etc). 

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited April 2018

Right now I have settings only under Shader Presets. I do have a G8F loaded, but nothing in the G8F folder under Materials. Being in the Shader presets is fine, but you may want to adjust the readme. :) Look forward to trying these.

http://prntscr.com/j6bcvd

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Right now I have settings only under Shader Presets. I do have a G8F loaded, but nothing in the G8F folder under Materials. Being in the Shader presets is fine, but you may want to adjust the readme. :) Look forward to trying these.

http://prntscr.com/j6bcvd

Maybe it's because it's 1:30 AM and I'm a little sleepy lol but I'm not seeing where it says in the Read Me that it's under the "G8F folder under Materials". 

edited April 2018

It doesn't: I've obviously assumed incorrectly since normally Materials are under the figure. Well, materials for figures, that is. :)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on