Beautiful Black HairStyles...

Comments

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

I am sooooo going to need a Pam Grier morph for V4

ROFL! Me too. LOL In the meantime, try some of the free gals from RenderCandy.

My dark-skinned fantasy fighting character "Smacky" is free on my deviantArt page and in the Black is Beautiful thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/368/ , it might do if you need a butt-kicking afro gal right now. ;)

SnowS

• edited December 1969

I can confirm that Smacky looks awesome with this hair!

• Angel1359Angel1359 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ROFL! Me too. :lol: In the meantime, try some of the free gals from RenderCandy. Every time I ask a real lady about bringing back the Afro hairstyle, right after they tell me "No way!" I get, "So, you want to wear bell bottoms again, sugar?" :red:

OH!!! Slimer J Spud here you are, com'on over and look at this thread as well: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/368/P75

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Angel1359 said:

ROFL! Me too. :lol: In the meantime, try some of the free gals from RenderCandy. Every time I ask a real lady about bringing back the Afro hairstyle, right after they tell me "No way!" I get, "So, you want to wear bell bottoms again, sugar?" :red:

OH!!! Slimer J Spud here you are, com'on over and look at this thread as well: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/368/P75

I saw that thread, but then I lost it again. Thanks! The forum works in mysterious ways...

edited December 1969

ROFL! Me too. LOL In the meantime, try some of the free gals from RenderCandy.

My dark-skinned fantasy fighting character "Smacky" is free on my deviantArt page and in the Black is Beautiful thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/368/ , it might do if you need a butt-kicking afro gal right now. ;)

SnowS
    We can get Smacky now??? Holy chocolate cake, Batman! Thank you! :bug: Have I got a job for her!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

What is the polycount? I wish venders included that information. Fibremesh can really chow your machine if using more than one fibremesh product.

• snakegrabsnakegrab Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

Lovely Hair. Does anyone know the character for the model in the promos? I scanned this forum but I didn't see any reference to it.

• Tempest!Tempest! Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    What is the polycount? I wish venders included that information. Fibremesh can really chow your machine if using more than one fibremesh product.

About 296000 quads according to DAZ studio.

Played around a bit with Ubersurface and translucency. Renders quickly.

beautiful_black_hair_01a_1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 34K
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited June 2012

Zev0 said:

Here is what UV Mapper reports. Feel free to enlighten me if the polycount is there :-)
    Clipboard01.jpg
    186 x 271 - 11K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited June 2012

Those figures are ok. I've seen some fibre mesh stuff with ridiculous numbers.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

snakegrab said:
    Lovely Hair. Does anyone know the character for the model in the promos? I scanned this forum but I didn't see any reference to it.

Hi Snakegrab

Had to locate the link from the forum achives, but for some reason I can't get a connection: http://contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=13883 the character is named Kunga.

• RenderScot3DRenderScot3D Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

Beautiful work tempest! amazing use of lighting there

Heres one i prepared earlier told you it would be slightly different ;)

bubbles.jpg
    832 x 832 - 396K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

oh that is STUNNING!!!! what did you do to the hair to get it looking so fabulous??? and the texture, and the character, and the lighting and the ...the....the....everything!! omg i LOVE this.

Beautiful work tempest! amazing use of lighting there

Heres one i prepared earlier told you it would be slightly different ;)

edited June 2012

thanks so much Jakiblue the character is Nalia over at rendo http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/mdd-nalia/93445 but with my own morphs i have a few of Maddeliriums characters and they render very well with lots of options the eyes in them are particularly beautiful

The lights are a simple HDR IBL with one specular light set up rendered on the highest settings (in Poser) of Auto settings. Think that the increased render time was worth it because it really brought out the texture of the set :) Only postwork was to clear a few of the pesky stray hairs that were giving poke through

hope that helps :)

meant to say done in poser pro 2012 with sss mats used ;)

Post edited by RenderScot3D on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

thanks so much Jakiblue the character is Nalia over at rendo http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/mdd-nalia/93445 but with my own morphs i have a few of Maddeliriums characters and they render very well with lots of options the eyes in them are particularly beautiful

The lights are a simple HDR IBL with one specular light set up rendered on the highest settings (in Poser) of Auto settings. Think that the increased render time was worth it because it really brought out the texture of the set :) Only postwork was to clear a few of the pesky stray hairs that were giving poke through

hope that helps :)

meant to say done in poser pro 2012 with sss mats used ;)

oh that's embarrassing - i have Nalia! *laughs* Can't believe I didn't recognize her. *blush* I love Maddelirium's characters and all three I have work wonderfully in DS.

Just love that art tho, it really is a stunning piece!

edited December 1969

lol dont worry ive done that myself before btw meant to say thats the hair with its grey texture added its not quite as solid looking as the black one

Does anyone know if there is a morph of Diana Ross anywhere a friend has asked if i could do an image in her likeness (hes a huge fan) also any idea of what skin would work ?

edited December 1969

Tempest! said:
    Zev0 said:

About 296000 quads according to DAZ studio.

Played around a bit with Ubersurface and translucency. Renders quickly.

A V4 model has about 66000 quads. This hairpiece has 296000??? That's about 5 1/2 Vickies! I don't think my puny system can handle that. :down:

• edited December 1969

A V4 model has about 66000 quads. This hairpiece has 296000??? That's about 5 1/2 Vickies! I don't think my puny system can handle that. :down:

Half the time, DS crashes if I try to render anything with more than three figures in the scene (V4 or M4), but this hair doesn't slow it down at all, strangely enough. For what it's worth, I'm using DS3, not DS4, so it may handle differently. (DS4 just declines to render scenes, regardless of what's in them, for me, so I've stopped even trying to use it.)

edited December 1969

ThinMick said:

Half the time, DS crashes if I try to render anything with more than three figures in the scene (V4 or M4), but this hair doesn't slow it down at all, strangely enough. For what it's worth, I'm using DS3, not DS4, so it may handle differently. (DS4 just declines to render scenes, regardless of what's in them, for me, so I've stopped even trying to use it.)
    I'm on DS3 also. It's not the render time, it's the memory that worries me. I only have 2GB When I get 3 figures in a scene, I render in layers and composite. That won't work when one of them is the hair! :lol: I went back and loaded up a scene that repeatably crashed on me. It has a battleship in it that has 640000 quads. :bug: OK, so maybe this hair piece is not that big. It really does look great. I guess I will try it!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

There is a 30 day guarantee so that if it does not work you can return. Just try it within the thirty days.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

I used a wonderful free texture called Tyrese (not the same one for sale in the DAZ store by that name). I got it at http://www.sharecg.com/v/35198/View/6/Texture/!Tyrese!-for-m4
    I put it on a dialed Genesis character with the new hair adjusted to a short version. I wish there were more adjustment morphs for this hair. I'd like to be able to get rid of the straggling locks on the sides and by the nape of his neck. This is a render straight out of DAZ Studio 4 Pro, without retouching. I can see a few curls going into his forehead that could be cleaned up, but overall, I'm pleased. I was surprised at how fast this rendered, even using UE2 and a few other standard lights.

Tyrese_black_hair_short.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 563K
    edited December 1969

Disregard the ramblings of that fool Slimer above. :lol: I bought it, downloaded it, put up a scene, and you can officially call me impressed! Looks fantastic right out of the box, and renders fast even on my 32 bit system.

Aura-test004.sm1_.jpg
    600 x 800 - 322K
  • LeChatDesignsLeChatDesigns Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Thank you for this beautiful hair!

Love all of the renders! Mine's just a quickie that I dropped into a simple background. Easy, breezy, beautiful, bad to the bone, baby!

I say amen and yes to the hair!

Cat

BB-AA2-CU.jpg
    550 x 724 - 74K
    edited December 1969

Disregard the ramblings of that fool Slimer above. :lol: I bought it, downloaded it, put up a scene, and you can officially call me impressed! Looks fantastic right out of the box, and renders fast even on my 32 bit system.

I have a 32 bit systen as well Slimer J, and that is a fantastic render and I personally think that hair is worth every bit of the $7.48 cents!!

edited December 1969

Thank you for this beautiful hair!

Love all of the renders! Mine's just a quickie that I dropped into a simple background. Easy, breezy, beautiful, bad to the bone, baby!

I say amen and yes to the hair!

Cat

Cat I just love your glorious 'bad to the bone Gal' wicked render.......

• Tempest!Tempest! Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

I put it on a dialed Genesis character with the new hair adjusted to a short version. I wish there were more adjustment morphs for this hair.

I think the low amount of morphs for the hair is to keep the memory usage in control. With such a complex geometry the morphs get heavy too. Just consider morphs that effectively move nearly all of the vertices of the hair - that's roughly the same amount of data as the hair object itself.

On the flip-side Gen4 figures have a ton of morphs (including full body morphs), so I don't think the polygon count is directly comparable and the numbers for the hair probably seem heavier than they practically are. Plus the texture resolution for the hair is small too because it doesn't require hires textures to look good.

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I'd like to be able to get rid of the straggling locks on the sides and by the nape of his neck. This is a render straight out of DAZ Studio 4 Pro, without retouching. I can see a few curls going into his forehead that could be cleaned up, but overall, I'm pleased. I was surprised at how fast this rendered, even using UE2 and a few other standard lights.

Repeat after me sweety... POST WORK - whether that be in PSP or Photoshop - clean up those stragglers before you complete your image. Postwork is part of the art cleanup process. Give it a go - all presentations should be checked over, cleaned up and perfected before being presented.

Just saying... ;-)

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

BEE-U-T-FULL!!!

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited June 2012

Really lovely pics, everyone!! :)

Well, I got the hair and I think it is great, but one thing I'm wondering about - how do I achieve this morph? Can't find anything in the pose folder relating to this shape..........nor in parameters, unless I'm missing something (in Poser - haven't yet tried it in DS)

B_Black_hair.jpg
    503 x 652 - 200K
    Post edited by Cymbidium on
  • snakegrabsnakegrab Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

Thanks Angel. For some reason I really like the look of that character with this hair. I'm off to content paradise now.

Angel1359 said:
    snakegrab said:

Hi Snakegrab

Had to locate the link from the forum achives, but for some reason I can't get a connection: http://contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=13883 the character is named Kunga.