28th Byrce Contest (Poll)

ApocApoc Posts: 407
edited April 2018 in Bryce Discussion

I am sorry again to everyone for the wait. Had techincal difficulties that made me completely forget about the contest until now.
Due to recent feedback I have decided to change the layout of the contest a bit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
THEME : By candle Light
DEADLINE :  ( 4 / 20 / 2018 )
VOTING : (
https://s.surveyplanet.com/S1gLa_qoM )

Prizes :

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit
Ist Place $30
2nd Place $20
3rd place $15

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A_noise_in_the_night   A_room_with_a_view alone_in_an_empty_room An_Overdue_Book_-_The_Librarians

1                                 2                                   3                                4

Camelot Candle_in_the_window candle_light_dinner Candle_No_3
5                                 6                                  7                                 8

Candle_Power Candles_in_Bucky Careful_with_that_axe_Eugene Fortune_Seers_Candle
 9                                 10                              11                                 12

Lighting_the_World lights_on_the_water Like_a_moth_to_a_flame lost
 13                              14                                15                               16 

Lost_in_Meditation Loveletter magic_candle_box Meeting_at_candlelight
               17                              18                               19                               20

Resistance Serenity Spell_gone_wrong Stars_and_candles
              21                           22                          23                                24

Thanks_for_the_Light The_Thrilling_Glow_From_a_Roman_Candle The_wheel Two_peaches
              25                            26                        27                       28

waiting_for_company When_the_wizard_is_out Dust_never_sleeps
        29                                 30                       31

Post edited by Apoc on

Comments

• ApocApoc Posts: 407
    edited April 2018

Due to a few mistakes I made last time, I want to wait til I have a confirmation from chohole, and know if there are any mistakes left over.

What do you guys think of this format. Is this format ok for the voting thread? is it still confusing?

Post edited by Apoc on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Apoc, I think the format is very good. Thanks for creating this.

All: what a great set of renders, full of scenic light and darkness.

Just confirmed it with chohole. Voting is now open :) the deadline is 10days. I am also gonna be converting the images to link directly to the our own forums pages

• Works for me - thanks for your efforts.

Congrats to all who entered and such excellent images.

edited April 2018

Also forgot to mention. There was an entry I omitted mainly because of the creator claiming it wasnt an offical entry, and just wanted to show a work in progress
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/51/18dc80a76178501d33850428d7c688.jpg

I am not sure if this was the right move or not, can someone help me rectify this
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/231931/28th-bryce-render-challenge-by-candle-light/p5

Post edited by Apoc on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

_votes are in_``~

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

Looks good. Some cool pics. But I don't see one of my entries (the thumb is in the middle of page 4 of the bryce render challenge)

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

My votes are in too. Thanks Apoc yes

Looks good. Some cool pics. But I don't see one of my entries (the thumb is in the middle of page 4 of the bryce render challenge)

Thank you for helping me catch that. I always seem to miss at least one. Sorry about that.

• Apoc said:

Also forgot to mention. There was an entry I omitted mainly because of the creator claiming it wasnt an offical entry, and just wanted to show a work in progress
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/51/18dc80a76178501d33850428d7c688.jpg

I am not sure if this was the right move or not, can someone help me rectify this
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/231931/28th-bryce-render-challenge-by-candle-light/p5

Hi Apoc

That was a picture of mine. And yes it is just work in progress and not intended as official entry. Therefore your omission was perfectly all right.

Apoc said:

Hi Apoc

That was a picture of mine. And yes it is just work in progress and not intended as official entry. Therefore your omission was perfectly all right.

Thanks for clarifying it for me :)

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Voted !

All pictures are so good, it was difficult to choose.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Voting only 4 was a bit of a limitation. I had 28 in my list so I had to chew my fingernails and tear out some hair to stay within the limit. Great job everybody.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

I was sorry not to have time to enter this challenge (although seeing the entries I know I wouldn't have stood a chance!) but I have found the time to vote. It was indeed a tricky choice but ... good luck to all entrants!

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ Apoc : Thanks a lot for # 31. Since the thumb was lost in the middle of the page, it was hard to see.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Voted.  Excellent images all - hard to pick!

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited April 2018

Votes in - super works.

And, Apoc, I think the above format of showing the submissions is excellent (no longer, up, down, up down scrolling etc  scrolling the page as in the other previous format - but that's just my opinion). The less movements one has to do with, say, a mouse or on the finger frame on a laptop, the better - that's why the likes of, say, Google are so successful.

Jay heart

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

apoc - I fully agree with Jay. And thank you for your efforts.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

voted ... lots of great images ...tough to choose

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

Wow - lots of great images here but I managed to narrow it down to seven or eight and then flipped a few coins. wink

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Voted! Proces works great like this, Apoc, thanks!

And it was very easy. The entries are so great, that picking just four random ones did the trick (well, not really......). Problem with so many good entries is, one can get lost in deliberations. So I went for MOLFIT (more-or-less-first-impression-technique). That kept the time needed for voting down to acceptable minutes.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

Voted. Honestly, it was difficult to choose from 7 - 8 works, which in my opinion were worthy of the prize.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited April 2018

Wow...Hansmar - MOLFIT (More-Or-Less-First-Impression-Technique); that is a very suitable acronym.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Very impressive and inspiring work.  Voted.  

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

heart candlelight

cheers

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Wonderful work with Bryce... I am always super-impressed!  Well done!  yes Silene

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

I've voted too.

Good Luck to all smiley

• Voted. Amazing works from all. A difficult choice.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

New challenge posted.

Just a reminder, that voting ends tommorow