Filtering downloads

peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
edited December 1969 in The Commons

With the changeover in the site setup I am having trouble finding the setting that filters out Mac downloads. The whole thing is a bit messy and confusing.

Comments

• GeneRufusGeneRufus Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just wondering, will we eventually be able to filter our available downloads again? You know, so that we only see the .exe files or .sit stuff so that we don't have to scroll through nintey zillion files?

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Because DAZ 3D is in the processing of moving away from Content Installers to zip based content, the filters will soon not be necessary and thus were not implemented in the new store. I know it's a bit of a pain, but it's my understanding that they'll be right back on moving to zips as soon as the current store/forum woes are under control.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

The new listings in my downloads have .exe and .zip but nothing about MAC or PC like they did before. Does this mean the zips are MAC and the exe's are PC?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited December 1969

There isn't a filter - possibly as the intent is to move to zips, which will not have different versions for Mac and Windows.

edited December 1969

Yes, the zips are wrappers for the Mac installers - they don't hold bare data.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited December 1969

On a related topic - I notice I still have "Available Downloads" from two weeks ago in my list. Should the new site not remove these after x days, like the old one? If not, the lists will get ridiculously long and unwieldy pretty quickly.

edited December 1969

Downloads should expire, but it may be that the ones carried over from the old site lack some flag. You should be able to clear them by using them up.