Black Is Beautiful II

Comments

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Angel1359 said:
    OK Peeps

I purchased the Marie Texture because it was on sale, now the question is what do I download? I don't have a MAC PC.

All the files with Ca at the end of the name are the Carrara files, so ignore them if you don't have it. The tutorial files are also for Carrara.

I don't think you need the Elite Human Surface Shader in DS4, but you might want to double check that one.

If you only use poser, then just get the two poser files that end in exe -pc. If you use DS then you'll need the DS file that ends in exe - pc as well.

• Angel1359Angel1359 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Loaar said:
    Angel1359 said:
    OK Peeps

I purchased the Marie Texture because it was on sale, now the question is what do I download? I don't have a MAC PC.

All the files with Ca at the end of the name are the Carrara files, so ignore them if you don't have it. The tutorial files are also for Carrara.

I don't think you need the Elite Human Surface Shader in DS4, but you might want to double check that one.

If you only use poser, then just get the two poser files that end in exe -pc. If you use DS then you'll need the DS file that ends in exe - pc as well.

Yep!! thats what I thought, so once I have downloaded the DS version where do I find them to use when I open my DAZ3D???

edited December 1969

I'm not able to check right now since my daz machine (and library) are on the other side of the country, but I think from memory they are under People (or DAZ People) >> V4 >> Materials

Can't be 100% sure of that though.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

If you let the installer open the readme file it'll tell you where the ds mats are. (usually the DS mats only installers like that don't open it, so tell the poser installers to.) They're somewhere in content.. I don't remember exactly where off the top of my head.

You don't need the HSS installer if you're using the last couple versions of DS3 or any version of DS4, it's built in.

For the hair.. anyone tried applying sub-d to it in DS? would probably make the front look a lot better.

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    If you let the installer open the readme file it'll tell you where the ds mats are. (usually the DS mats only installers like that don't open it, so tell the poser installers to.) They're somewhere in content.. I don't remember exactly where off the top of my head.

You don't need the HSS installer if you're using the last couple versions of DS3 or any version of DS4, it's built in.

For the hair.. anyone tried applying sub-d to it in DS? would probably make the front look a lot better.

HUH!!!!

I had DS3 then I downloaded the DS4, so are you telling me that the I didn't need to purchase this file http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-elite-texture-marie/

and what do you mean by this; 'sub-d to it in DS?'

edited December 1969

You don’t need the HSS installer

That's Elite Human Surface Shader, it's included with all the Elite textures. It's also been built into DS since like 2 or 3 versions of DS3 before DS4 was released. You don't need to download that file. You asked which ones you needed to download, remember?

Sub-D is smoothing, it quadruples the poly count and rounds everything out. It's used on Genesis by default which is why Genesis looks so much better in DS than in Poser because Poser doesn't have the capability to do it.

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    You don’t need the HSS installer

That's Elite Human Surface Shader, it's included with all the Elite textures. It's also been built into DS since like 2 or 3 versions of DS3 before DS4 was released. You don't need to download that file. You asked which ones you needed to download, remember?

Sub-D is smoothing, it quadruples the poly count and rounds everything out. It's used on Genesis by default which is why Genesis looks so much better in DS than in Poser because Poser doesn't have the capability to do it.

"Step away from the PC Angel13" take a deeeeeepp breath and I will see you all later......Ahhhhh!!!!.......

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited June 2012

Well, I never knew this thread existed, just found it via the new Neftis hair thread! :)

I've just started creating a new male Genesis character, based on M5, but am having great difficulty finding dark-skinned male merchant resource skin bases. Most of the male characters I've seen in the stores seem to be based on the same two skins and, while I like the one resource I got from here, I don't want my character to look similar to numerous others.....

Even good photo resources seem to be in short supply. Can anyone point me in the direction of a store where I can obtain a good male merchant resource with realistic dark skin or a good photo resource, please?

Post edited by Cymbidium on
    edited December 1969

They don't really exist, that's why so many look the same. Even people who make their character skin from scratch using photos.. there is only like one good black male reference available. Unless you're like Jepe and have someone like Profotograf to take photos of models for you, or your Daz with their fancy cameras and hire models to photo yourself you're pretty much stuck unless you want to tint a lighter skin (leave the palms and soles light, omg that drives me crazy!)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

anikad said:

Stephanie 4 actually has nothing to do with dark skinned characters, as such; she's a figure base herself, like Michael 4, Victoria 4, Aiko 4, etc.She's useful if you get characters that specifically call for her; her morphs are also frequently used in combination with Victoria 4 to provide scaling, since she's smaller than Victoria.

For what it's worth, I have Camielle, Chablis, Marie Elite, and Grace, and I like them all.

edited December 1969

Oh Man!!!! is there any chance we can get these two topic titles merged into 1: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2539/P15/ and as we have the most postings couldn't the other post be added to this topic title???? We are both missing out on some great renders and info........

• edited December 1969

I finally managed something with Smacky that doesn't make me want to punch myself in the face... The skin is Re'Hana by RecieCup. She's wearing ElvenStrapped, the belts from Courageous, and the sword from Fighting Fae.

I'm not really any good at this, but I couldn't resist when I saw Smacky available for download.

smacky-forest-01.png
    800 x 1000 - 2M
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

I finally managed something with Smacky that doesn’t make me want to punch myself in the face

LOL, there are times when I'm ready to punch myself (or something else) when working on pics too. ;) Thank you very much for using her! Do you have a deviantArt page where I can add this pic to my Favorites? If not, and with your permission, I can also upload it myself and give you credit. If you'd prefer I wait until you've made something that you feel is better, that's fine with me too.

Thanks again and good job!
  • edited December 1969

I finally managed something with Smacky that doesn’t make me want to punch myself in the face

LOL, there are times when I'm ready to punch myself (or something else) when working on pics too. ;) Thank you very much for using her! Do you have a deviantArt page where I can add this pic to my Favorites? If not, and with your permission, I can also upload it myself and give you credit. If you'd prefer I wait until you've made something that you feel is better, that's fine with me too.

Thanks again and good job!

You're welcome to upload it with credit. Just put a link back to my original archive post of the image, and it's all good.

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    They don't really exist, that's why so many look the same. Even people who make their character skin from scratch using photos.. there is only like one good black male reference available. Unless you're like Jepe and have someone like Profotograf to take photos of models for you, or your Daz with their fancy cameras and hire models to photo yourself you're pretty much stuck unless you want to tint a lighter skin (leave the palms and soles light, omg that drives me crazy!)

Thanks for the reply, Fisty. I thought that might be the case. :( I've tried tinting lighter skins, but that doesn't work too well with the skin bases I have and I do intend to sell this character (eventually :lol:) Guess I will have to wait and keep looking, maybe put the character on the back burner for now......:blank:

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

My new Girl with Skyla & Beautiful Black Hairstyles...

NwGrl2012-1.jpg
    768 x 930 - 138K
    edited December 1969

Mercedesk said:

Beautiful render Mercedesk.

edited June 2012

Don't forget to look at the examples on this thread as well folks.......... http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2539/P45

Post edited by Angel1359 on
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Sorry for the delay in updating the front page. That should be all of the new products but I know I still need to update the render info section. That said, I will attempt to temporarily distract you with art *waves hands* http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2341647&user_id=733323&np;&np;

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Loaar said:
    Mercedesk said:

Beautiful render Mercedesk.
    Amen to that! :-)

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

Love that render, KerWar! Did you use the Totally Bazaar shaders?

Sorry for the lengthy time before replying. My forum reply notifications have been sketchy at best, and I've been avoiding the new site.
    Thanks for the compliment! The product I used is a very old one: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/jewels-of-egypt/

I must say, there are some really lovely renders in this thread!

Here's a new render, using the same custom morph as previously, again wearing one of Reciecup's Nique skins. Nique is definitely one of my favourites.

sazzy_catqueen03.jpg
    526 x 800 - 373K
    edited December 1969

Surprised it's so quiet here. Been busy but I updated the first page with more stuff.

edited December 1969

A promo render I made for SWAM that she didn't end up using..

Fleurette_DS_promo.jpg
    600 x 800 - 260K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Surprised it's so quiet here. Been busy but I updated the first page with more stuff.

Laveau Bayou Elegance, Honorine, and Ateba are no longer available, since Phoenix1966 is closing out her Renderosity store. Laveau will probably be back at Daz eventually, but Honorine and Ateba have been permanently retired.

edited December 1969

-Silver- alert!
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=94310#
    Immediate buy for me, I love all her characters.. V4 and Genesis versions!!

edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    ZamuelNow said:

Laveau Bayou Elegance, Honorine, and Ateba are no longer available, since Phoenix1966 is closing out her Renderosity store. Laveau will probably be back at Daz eventually, but Honorine and Ateba have been permanently retired.

I thought Ateba would be back since he was listed as temp removal as well. Still, that does remind me to remove them from the front page for now.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited July 2012

Does anyone else have a problem getting notifications from this thread?

Another practice render. This time using GG: Shayana

fighti.jpg
    237 x 409 - 30K
    Post edited by anikad on
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Does anyone else have a problem getting notifications from this thread?

Another practice render. This time using GG: Shayana

Its a bit Hit and Miss at the moment with the notifications and other things at DAZ. Shame your image isn't a little bigger but she looks good.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited July 2012

Thank you. I need to work out how to make bigger renders. It's probably something really obvious.
    ETA: Hopefully this render is bigger.

boxer.jpg
    584 x 1500 - 201K
    Post edited by anikad on