How do I apply new UV mapping for V4 in Poser 11?

I know it's possible to apply new UV mapping to a figure in DAZ Studio, but how do I do this in Poser 11? Thanks.

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

It can't be done within Poser.  You need to create a new .obj file with the new map using an external utility such as UVMapper, and edit a copy of the V4 cr2 to point to the new .obj file. 

UVMapper can be downloaded here...
    https://www.uvmapper.com/

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538

If you have alternate V4 UV's from someplace they can be added. Most UV sets for Genesis, 2, 3 etc. CANNOT be added.

• pwiecek said:

If you have alternate V4 UV's from someplace they can be added. Most UV sets for Genesis, 2, 3 etc. CANNOT be added.

The DSON Importer can apply prsets that change the UV set, but that's being handled by the importer not Poser. Poser does not, so far as I am aware, provide a way to chaneg the UV set - I don't think the necessary functions are in Pything even, though I'm not sure of that (and they may have been added in the most recent version)

• colcurvecolcurve Posts: 145

Hi Richard, can you give a hint on how to get the importer to load a custom UV set? I created a new UV set for G3 in DAZ and saved as an asset. In DAZ it works fine. But I cannot find a way to create a poser companion that will apply the custom UV set in poser. Is there any tutorial? Thanks

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    edited April 2018
    colcurve said:

Hi Richard, can you give a hint on how to get the importer to load a custom UV set? I created a new UV set for G3 in DAZ and saved as an asset. In DAZ it works fine. But I cannot find a way to create a poser companion that will apply the custom UV set in poser. Is there any tutorial? Thanks

Try saving a materials preset setting the new UV set, and not doing anything else (the options dialogue lets you choose what is saved), then give it a Poser Companion File and apply it in Poser.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    pwiecek said:

The DSON Importer can apply prsets that change the UV set, but that's being handled by the importer not Poser. Poser does not, so far as I am aware, provide a way to chaneg the UV set - I don't think the necessary functions are in Pything even, though I'm not sure of that (and they may have been added in the most recent version)

I didn't say Poser. You need a 3rd party program.

• pwiecek said:
    pwiecek said:

Ah, well if you are using something to entirely circumvent the DSON Importer you are limited to its features. However, as far as I am aware the usual trick for getting an approximation to Genesis 3 into Poser does still use the importer (it just uses DS to slightly degrade the rigging before saving a file for Poser) so I would expect the technique to work.

• colcurvecolcurve Posts: 145

I found a way that seemed to work: Load figure with DSON, re-save it in the poser library, edit the .cr2, change the path of the UV set manually to point to different assert

pwiecek said:
    pwiecek said:

Ah, well if you are using something to entirely circumvent the DSON Importer you are limited to its features. However, as far as I am aware the usual trick for getting an approximation to Genesis 3 into Poser does still use the importer (it just uses DS to slightly degrade the rigging before saving a file for Poser) so I would expect the technique to work.

OK, I was referring to WandW's reference to V4.