My DAZstudio 4.10 has encountered a fatal error ,and must close

My DAZstudio 4.10 has encountered a fatal error ,and must close

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559

I get that a lot more lately.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

I get that when I have a huge scene, some other program opened, and the scene is dumped from the graphics card to the CPU/RAM. It's basically a "You ran out of RAM" message.

Did you try to render a large scene, and have just 4-8GB RAM?

• That's the Intel graphics driver. If your system has both the Intel GPU on the CPU and a separate GPU try using the separate GPU instead (especially if it's an nVidia version) - the option should be in the Control Panel somewhere. If the Intel is all you have make sure you are using the cuirent drivers, or if you already are then perhaps try dropping back to an older set.

• edited July 2018

So what do you do if the roll back is not an option?? What then?? All the money I"ve spent and all of the resources I've invested in are unaccessable to me now. So what else can we do?? Isn't there some way to fix this without doing a roll back?

Post edited by premierart_2340fada0f on
  • So what do you do if the roll back is not an option?? What then?? All the money I"ve spent and all of the resources I've invested in are unaccessable to me now. So what else can we do?? Isn't there some way to fix this without doing a roll back?

I'm not sure what you are asking, as no-one previously posting in this thread has mentioned roll-backs.

• I too have the same problem with Daz Studio 4.10, while I was try render my custom wrestling concepts, time and time again BAM!! all these unexpected shutdown error stopped my wrestling project from rendering and.... I don;t what to do at this point, WHAT SHOULD I DO! SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME!

• My DAZstudio 4.10 has encountered a fatal error ,and must close

• Do you get the crash reporter dialogue, as in the first post? If so, which module is reported as causing the crash?

• I too keep gett'n all those fatal shutdown error when I tried to render my wrestling concepts and It keeps crashing UUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

• I have this happen to me in DS 4.10, whenever I try rendering in 3delight rather than Iray; which wouldn't be a problem except that I can't adjust shadows in Iray for some weird reason.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,506
    edited March 2019

I posted this in an older forum. I probably should have posted it here. Daz rendering despite fatal error.

Edited to add screenshots

Edit #2. Can a mod delete the other post (even though this is the an older thread) Also another screenshot. It's still; ticking.

3 minutes in.JPG
    1125 x 585 - 111K
    6 minutes in.JPG
    1110 x 532 - 102K
    Fatal3.JPG
    1056 x 600 - 104K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • jnwggsjnwggs Posts: 89

That's the Intel graphics driver. If your system has both the Intel GPU on the CPU and a separate GPU try using the separate GPU instead (especially if it's an nVidia version) - the option should be in the Control Panel somewhere. If the Intel is all you have make sure you are using the cuirent drivers, or if you already are then perhaps try dropping back to an older set.

So by "dropping back" to a different set of drivers, you don't mean the same as "rolling back" the drivers?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    jnwggs said:

That's the Intel graphics driver. If your system has both the Intel GPU on the CPU and a separate GPU try using the separate GPU instead (especially if it's an nVidia version) - the option should be in the Control Panel somewhere. If the Intel is all you have make sure you are using the cuirent drivers, or if you already are then perhaps try dropping back to an older set.

So by "dropping back" to a different set of drivers, you don't mean the same as "rolling back" the drivers?

Yes

• Richard Haseltine said:

Im using a gtx graphics card. drivers are all up to date. then why am i facing this issue? it started to happen after installing daz3dim. cant even open the software. 

• tahato0771 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Im using a gtx graphics card. drivers are all up to date. then why am i facing this issue? it started to happen after installing daz3dim. cant even open the software. 

You probably aren't, Fatal error can be from many things. If you are getting a crash report what does it say?

• ArtisanSArtisanS Posts: 209

Got one worse...in a DAZ 3D session experimenting with G9 at a higher subsurface rate, my PC crashed (6Gb 980TI and 7 years old) and bricked itself in the process (Byebye BIOS, adios POST, probably not the fault of DAZ). Maybe one edgeloop in a certain critical location could have prevented the need for higher subsurface settings devil. But hey 3 month later I'm back, smiling and installing a new rig (i9 13900, RTX 4070ti 64 Gb RAM, 4 Tb SSD). If internet cables between Utah and the Netherlands melt in the process I'm sorry in advance laugh.