[Released] Altern8 - Skin Shader System for Genesis 8 [Commercial]

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
edited April 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Altern8 - Skin Shader System for Genesis 8 has been moved to Ready to Release by Daz and should be in the store soon.

Altern8 is a shader and settings system to help bring added realism (and in many cases, faster render times) to your art.

Altern8 - Skin Shader System for Genesis 8 includes 107 Presets, Settings, and Shaders for Genesis 8 figures but can also be used on Genesis 3 figures. Though Altern8 settings look good in almost any lighting and render set-up, this product also includes 22 Scene Adjustments and Render Settings to help you get the most from your skin textures and Altern8 Skin Shaders and Presets.

The Altern8 Skin Shader System is also a Merchant Resource. (Note: The included settings and texture maps may be used for your character creations, but the maps must be altered to be unique to your character. Altern8 can not be used to create a skin shader or skin settings product. It can be used to help enhance character or model creations only.)

Post edited by 3Diva on

Comments

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666

Oh! I can't wait! ::Throws money at Divamakeup::

Trish

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

While I dont use iray for rendering, I do want to say these settings look nice! :)

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    Now that's what I'm talking bout Diva. You make the most gorgeous skin shaders. So happy to see this coming.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,121

Looks nice, Diva.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

Great looking promos Diva! I might have to check this out!

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

This looks wonderful! And I'm so glad it works on darker skins also. Instant buy for me.

• IchibanIchiban Posts: 113

Looks great, I wonder how it works on characters like Garrett or some FWArt male characters. Would you care to share previews?

• pdspds Posts: 593

These look terrific, @DivaMakeup! Looking forward to seeing this in the store. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Insta buy for sure!  Looks fantastic and love how it looks on the darker skins as well.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

So excited to see this coming out! I got to test these and they are FANTASTIC! 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Ichiban said:

Looks great, I wonder how it works on characters like Garrett or some FWArt male characters. Would you care to share previews?

I don't have Garrett but here are some FW men (click to enlarge):

Kasper with Altern8 settings "Lucas 8 A - No Maps" + "Translucency A":

Gunner with Altern8 settings "Lucas 8 A - No Maps" + "Skin Shine High":

Carson with Altern8 settings "Edward 8 - No Maps" + "Skin Shine Low":

edited April 2018

Thank you everyone for the great feedback! I'm super excited about this product and hope you guys will enjoy it as much as I do! :) (Am I allowed to say that about my own product? lol)

Post edited by 3Diva on
    Llynara said:

So excited to see this coming out! I got to test these and they are FANTASTIC! 

You where an amazing beta tester and your feedback was crazy helpful! Thank you, my friend! heart I really love the renders you made with Altern8!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited April 2018

Looks fantastic Diva!

It would be worth the buy just to lose the Orange Olympia ;). LOLOL

I especially love how your shader gives the skin subtle shade differences over the surface like real skin does. Great job!:)

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

Brilliant. I'm keeping a tight rein on my spending so that I can buy this!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,748

Looks very interesting. Hope it will appear in the store, soon.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460

Looking good,

Will go down a storm in the store.

CHEERS!

• 3CPO3CPO Posts: 156

Surely, one more step towards realism. Will there be a G3 variant as well?

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,674
    edited April 2018
    AllenArt said:

Looks fantastic Diva!

I especially love how your shader gives the skin subtle shade differences over the surface like real skin does. Great job!:)

Laurie

This! Hurray for Diva! I've been waiting a long time for this. Finally! You shall be richly rewarded for your diligence.

But one thing: Why not name it "for Genesis 8 and 3" instead of making us have to later read, "also works on Genesis 3"? Not everyone goes to the product page of new products and READS. If you put it in the name, then people INSTANTLY KNOW. And, since some people have not switched to Genesis 8, they may rule it out at first sight. This could mess wit yo money! Fix it, please.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

Agreed! The "For G3" is quite important. Definitely a selling point for me!

• I saw this earlier...really well done.
  • IchibanIchiban Posts: 113

Thank you everyone for the great feedback! I'm super excited about this product and hope you guys will enjoy it as much as I do! :) (Am I allowed to say that about my own product? lol)

Oh my, now that's simply beautiful. Thank you for the previews! I'll definitely be grabbing this come payday! Does it also come with the lighting used in the promos?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,130

This is looking really good - I hope soon comes soon!

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I like what I see a lot. Faster render times are a real bonus too. Does it require anything above the usual in terms of graphic card capabilty or processor power? Recent Daz skins seem to be making my computer work noticeably harder than it used to with the older ones for some reason.

• ArielRGHArielRGH Posts: 105

I wantz theze! I wantz!

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

really nice work!  and a clever name for the product, too.  :)

color me waiting for the release down here with the rest of the instabuyers. 

j

edited April 2018
    xyer0 said:
    AllenArt said:

Looks fantastic Diva!

Laurie

This! Hurray for Diva! I've been waiting a long time for this. Finally! You shall be richly rewarded for your diligence.

But one thing: Why not name it "for Genesis 8 and 3" instead of making us have to later read, "also works on Genesis 3"? Not everyone goes to the product page of new products and READS. If you put it in the name, then people INSTANTLY KNOW. And, since some people have not switched to Genesis 8, they may rule it out at first sight. This could mess wit yo money! Fix it, please.

Thanks, xyer0! :) The name is a deliberate one, to try and keep things a bit more clear going forward. As this product's presets where designed for specific Genesis 8 figures -and while they can be used on G3 characters, they are presets made for and named after G8 characters (and again, they still can be used on G3, just not specifically designed for specific G3 characters as it is for specific G8 characters). And if this product sells well I'll be creating a similar product specifically designed for G3 characters - so THAT one would have G3 in the name. If I included both G8 and G3 in the name it would likely be confusing once the one designed specifically for G3 gets released.  In the end I went with what makes the most sense going forward and would cause the least confusion in the future. I hope that helps clear things up as to why I left G3 out of the name. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited April 2018
    Ichiban said:

Oh my, now that's simply beautiful. Thank you for the previews! I'll definitely be grabbing this come payday! Does it also come with the lighting used in the promos?

Thank you! :) Yeah, the product comes with 2 HDRs, 3 scene render settings, and several scene adjustment settings. :) Most of the Promos where done with the included render and scene settings.

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited April 2018

I like what I see a lot. Faster render times are a real bonus too. Does it require anything above the usual in terms of graphic card capabilty or processor power? Recent Daz skins seem to be making my computer work noticeably harder than it used to with the older ones for some reason.

My card is about 3 years old and isn't exactly "top of the line" so I think most average machines should be fine with the settings. :) The newer Daz skins often have a high translucency setting, which can greatly increase render times - so perhaps that might be why your computer is working harder than with the older Daz skins. Most of my shaders and settings don't use high translucency, so that should help there. If your machine struggles with rendering you can always use the default Iray render settings and not use the included render settings, though they should be fine for most machines I think. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

My card is about 3 years old and isn't exactly "top of the line" so I think most average machines should be fine with the settings. :) The newer Daz skins often have a high translucency setting, which can greatly increase render times - so perhaps that might be why your computer is working harder than with the older Daz skins. Most of my shaders and settings don't use high translucency, so that should help there. If your machine struggles with rendering you can always use the default Iray render settings and not use the included render settings, though they should be fine for most machines I think. :)

Thanks for that, Diva. Part of me wants this yesterday and part of me doesn't mind waiting as it's been a while since I heard of a forthcoming product I could get this excited about, and I quite like the feeling! I'll look forward to the release and what I can do with it :)