Llynara's Loony Bin (WIP Thread)

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Very excited! This image was one of the Renderosity "Picks of the Week" for the Poser Gallery. I still have a lot to learn in Poser, but am really honored they liked this so much!  

Llynara said:

Bigger version, slightly different postwork (more on the Hell Horse side of things.) Just having fun when I should be working! 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,219
    Llynara said:

Dang, I keep forgetting to post stuff. This one is for Divamakeup's Lori. Apparently Lori liked Giuseppe enough to knight him!

"Knighted"

A homage to Edmund Leighton.  Very nice job on it. 

I also made a image like this back in 2010,  same inspiration start point. 

Thanks, First Bastion! I couldn't resist. Sounds like you couldn't either! Leighton did such wonderful paintings. 

edited January 2018

Promo I did over the weekend for Bad Kitteh's new Vinnuth Kriegor Armor. What a cool set! DarwinsMishap's Giovanni looks very good in it while he hunts crystal dragons.

Ah, hot men and dragons. They just go together!

Vinnuth-Armor-Llynara.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 609K
    Post edited by Llynara on
    edited February 2018

Havent' been around much lately, just busy with a lot of stuff. Wanted to post a promo I did for Vinnuth Barbarian Kriegor Jewels. Finally got a chance to render Darius 8- wow does his skin look good. I used Milen Hair for G2 on him, and put PhilW's wonderful Hair Lustre shaders over it. I'm really happy with how it turned out. 

Vinnuth-Jewels2-Llynara.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 778K
  • Both renders are great, Llynara!  I must admit, never pictured Gio as a barbarian adventurer, but he looks great as such. :)

Thank you Darwin! I think Gio looks good in just about anything (or nothing)

Packing up the art thread. I'll still check PMs, but I'm done posting on the forums for the most part.

You can find me on Patreon, Deviant Art, Facebook, Renderosity, Hivewire and of course, my own website, Llynara.com 

• aw.

edited March 2018

Well, I'm over it, for now. It's my birthday.

"General Lee Upgrade"

Thought I'd post a fun one I did for an FB art challenge. We had to texture a car model and have some fun with it. I decided to give it the "royal treatment"- Southern style. Looks like the Dukes won the lottery and sooped up the General Lee! (click for much more detail)

Just the car: 

Silverwing-Challenge-Dukes.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 604K
    Silverwing.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 583K
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Happy Birthday, lady!

That's awesome, though I still like the original, that's a great adaption.  Looks like you had fun making this one.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Happy birthday Llynara and what a fun project!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Happy Birthday!

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

I know the SL model you used for this, it has a lot of incomplete textures, right? It looks awesome! Love that you went with the full non-PC General Lee paintjob, too. 

Luke, Bo and Daisy look great, too. 

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Great Render!

I'm dating myself, but I remember the series.  At the time, the Confederate Flag was a rebellion symbol in the teen culture (at least in the CA Bay Area).  My friend's brother had one on the ceiling of his bedroom, with a Jimi Hendrix poster on the wall along with a ubiquitous multi-color smiley face poster.

Glad you're back, Llynara!  Missed ya!

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421
    edited March 2018

The Southern Flag means many things to many people, some of them very offensive, some of them not offensive at all. 

Like the Union Jack or the flag of Japan, a lot of people like it because it just looks cool - especially on the top of an organge stock car racing along dirt roads trying to escape officer Roscoe P. Coltrain in the deep South. 

The General Lee looks naked without something on the roof... and what else are you going to put there? A Rainbow flag? An AntiFA flag? It is part of the narrative of the original show and its ideas. Nothing else really fits...

We strip out things from our culture because a certain group is offended by another group's identification with a symbol - and if you ask me, we're on our way to Orwell's "Newspeak." 

Yeah, I had a General Lee Hotwheel when I was a kid... about 8 or 9? And I loved that thing... and the fact that it had the Confederate flag on it didn't make me grow up to hate. 

Post edited by donovancolbert on

Thank you all! And yeah, I LOVED the General Lee, loved Dukes of Hazzard and am originally from Virginia. We never waved a Dixie flag around to promote anything other than Southern pride and yeah, a bit of rebelliousness. For that image, I wanted to add the flag like a LIE tattoo but couldn't get it positioned right. I also tried KA's Iray Decal Kit but still couldn't get it right. all the General Lee decals are Photoshopped on. It was a fun challenge!

In other news. Let me introduce you to a thing called....My Precious!!!!

Maybe I can finally work in Iray preview mode!

1080ti1.jpg
    960 x 495 - 58K
    1080ti2.jpg
    960 x 720 - 74K

Oh, boy, that baby set you back a bit!

I have a 980ti and can work in Iray Preview - as long as I don't move anything.  It works fine for changing light and messing around with surface settings.

Here's some tips I picked up off the forum:

To speed up the transition from gray to rendering:

• Set the preview mode to NVIDIA Iray, then open the Draw Settings Pane.
    • On the left, click on Drawing, and Set Response Threshold (msec) to 5000 and turn Inactive Vewport Delay to Off.
    • Save your draws by going to File, Save Last Draw whlie in Iray preview.

Let us know how fast your renders cook - and we're looking forward to seeing some nice stuff.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

My 980ti still keeps me warm in the the snowy weather, and although I'd dearly love to upgrade it to something faster and with more vram (yesterday a single render took  12 hours in GPU mode . . . ), that'll have to wait for something I choose to call "riches"

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    dracorn said:

• On the left, click on Drawing, and Set Response Threshold (msec) to 5000 and turn Inactive Vewport Delay to Off.

Sadly, I'm not seeing any difference. And I already knew about Save Last Draw, but that's a good tip for those who didn't.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Llynara said:

Havent' been around much lately, just busy with a lot of stuff. Wanted to post a promo I did for Vinnuth Barbarian Kriegor Jewels. Finally got a chance to render Darius 8- wow does his skin look good. I used Milen Hair for G2 on him, and put PhilW's wonderful Hair Lustre shaders over it. I'm really happy with how it turned out. 

This looks awesome!!!!

Novica said:
    dracorn said:

Sadly, I'm not seeing any difference. And I already knew about Save Last Draw, but that's a good tip for those who didn't.

What I found is that it doesn't speed up the initial gray, but once it starts to render and I make a change, then the gray period tends to be shorter than without the settings.

Thanks, those are great tips! And yes, I need everything I can to keep me warm here in the Midwest. This winter has been so looooong!

Sometimes you've gotta kick Monday in the butt! This is a promo for Bad Kitteh Co's new Classic Biker Gear for G8F

Biker-Gear-Llynara.jpg
    3000 x 2400 - 976K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Very nice! Pink with attitude! I love it. :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love it!  Its a really great outfit and has lots of color options (although I will admit I really like the pink)

Thanks! I'm really tempted to do that to my hair. Not sure I can squeeze into that outfit though, LOL. I've been doing the low carb thing this year and have lost 20 pounds so far. Feeling a LOT better. Got a ways to go though. Sitting at the computer so much doesn't exactly help!

edited March 2018

I haven't been posting much lately. I've been working hard to wrap up my next Black Kat book as well as finish the cover. I think I'm almost there! I'm just trying to figure out if it needs anything else: 

Great cover, Llynara!  

The only thing I can think of is to make the title "Kat & Mouse" text brighter, maybe a little more yellow so it stands out from the rest of the text and catches the eye.  

I sat back from it and let my eyes unfocus - the first thing that stands out is his white sleeve.  However, because the sleeve is in the center and his hand leads the eye to his face, and then upward to Kat's face.  Great composition.

What catsuit are you using for this, and which hair?  Also, I really like the way the white collar stands up - which suit is that?  You know you've done well when somebody asks to get her mitts on the same items!

edited April 2018

Thanks, dracorn! That's a great suggestion. I will try that and see how it looks. 

Kat (BD Esther for V7) is wearing OOT's Cateye Suit and turned the spikes off. That is a really neat suit with lots of texture options and material zones. Her hair is Dragonfly Hair. She's actually wearing two copies. Something about that hair and some HDRIs makes it look stringy no matter how much I change the cutout opacity, so I duplicated the node. Her gun is from the Aeron outfit for G2F.

Hugh (Sebastian for M6) is wearing The Marquis for M4. I fit it to him with the M4 for G2M clone. The collar crumples up badly when it's autofit, so I had to postwork that out (the collar is actually bigger, I whacked it off lol.) He's wearing Fraser Hair.