Export Scaling is not working

Can someone help me? Objects are not scaling when exported. For instance I am trying to export a clothing model at the proper scale and it is exporting at the current scale no matter what I choose in the export scale factor box I tested this and it is indeed not exporting scaled. The attached screenshot is 3 copies of the same object exported from Hexagon 2.5 imported into Silo. They were all exported from Hexagon 2.5 at different export scale factors. 1 at 1.000 1 at 500.000 and one at 0.500 and as you can see they are all the same size. Is there a fix for this?

Comments

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

In older versions scaling worked. I remember I used it when working with Poser (import x 10 - export / 10)

For now the scaling when imported seems to work. Maybe you can try to scale when reimporting and than reexport ? I don't have time to test now.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited March 2018

Indeed, this is another new bug.

I just tested this in Hexagon 2.5.2.109 by exporting a cube as an obj file, first at an "Export scale factor" of 1, then at an "Export scale factor" of 2. I then imported them into Carrara (making sure that Carrara's "Disable Auto-scaling" was enabled). The two cubes imported at exactly the same size.

I then repeated the same procedure, but this time using the older Hexagon 2.5.1.79, and as expected, the cube that was exported at a scale factor of 2 was twice as large as the one exported at a scale factor of 1 when imported into Carrara.

I also tried importing the saved cubes directly back into Hexagon and also found that the obj files saved with version 2.5.2.109 were not scaled differently, and the obj files saved with version 2.5.1.79 were scaled properly (one being twice as large as the other).

NOTE: I am using the Macintosh version.

Post edited by de3an on
  • KaleyaKaleya Posts: 10
    Henryhor said:

In older versions scaling worked. I remember I used it when working with Poser (import x 10 - export / 10)

For now the scaling when imported seems to work. Maybe you can try to scale when reimporting and than reexport ? I don't have time to test now.

Import scaling works but export scaling does not. I did what you suggested and scaled it by importing it at the scale I wanted then exporting it. It is less user friendly this way but is a workaround. I hope that this gets fixed.

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

Glad it worked. But not really user friendly. Also hope it will be fixed

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

This probably won't get fixed unless enough people report the problem at:

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new

So far I've reported five new bugs (including this one) in the new 2.5.2.109 version.

So please report the bugs that you find. Especially the bugs that are new to this version.

• KaleyaKaleya Posts: 10
    de3an said:

This probably won't get fixed unless enough people report the problem at:

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new

So far I've reported five new bugs (including this one) in the new 2.5.2.109 version.

So please report the bugs that you find. Especially the bugs that are new to this version.

To be honest I was not sure where to report the bugs but will go and do that now. thank you :)

• Mr ScottMr Scott Posts: 51

I noticed this problem last night in 2.5.2.109 too. In the old version I was using for Windows I use to not have to do anything to the scale to export an OBJ file to Daz. Just exported it as “1unit = 1cm” and imported it to Daz as “Hexegon 1 unit = 1 cm” and the model imported into Daz just fine. So far I have not been to figure out how to get my model to the right scale in Daz.