A few new pieces of art

Hi,

Just wanted to post a few new artworks I did over the last few months.

I mostly got inspired by neon photography and fashion photography.

regards

Rohan

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

cool yes

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

very interesting works ! Keep them coming :D

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220

A true photographer's eye. 

• WandererWanderer Posts: 956

@rohan7679 - Very very nice. I especially like the first one. Please do more.

@FirstBastion - I'm a huge fan of your products. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Beautiful!  I especially like the first one, the use of the mirror is really gorgeous!

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Great pictures, and loving the first one!  smiley

• rohan7679rohan7679 Posts: 38
    Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments. I really like looking at neon photography. The first image is inspired from that. The last one is an inspiration from Vogue Italia.
  • kenmokenmo Posts: 895

Wow....fantastic work....

@rohan7679 - I always like to learn about inspiration sources. I wish more artists would share them. Thank you! 

rohan7679 said:
    Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments. I really like looking at neon photography. The first image is inspired from that. The last one is an inspiration from Vogue Italia.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Cool effects, especially on the colourful ones!

edited March 2018

@Wanderer , For neon photography I usually look at a photographer called Brandon Woelfel. He really likes to shoot with a lot of LEDs , fairy lights and Neon stuff. His color grading skills in Lightroom are fantastic so his photo's have a very unique look to them.

For general poses and fashion stuff I've been looking at a lot of work by Peter Lindbergh. The man is something of a legend in the fashion industry. His photographs have a very natural feel to them. They don't look posed. Also his composition skills are excellent.

So those are my two primary resources/inspirations. :)

Post edited by rohan7679 on

That's just awesome. Thanks again. Please, share more of your work.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

@rohan7679 They are some very very interesting renders!! I especially love the last render you posted of the 2 lovely ladies, the poses are remarkable!!!!

I'm trying out the new hair tools that are available in my primary 3d software, Houdini. I wanted to make something specific to I decided to try and make Tracer's hairstyle. The rendering is in Arnold, which has a dedicated and absolutely brilliant hair shader. I'll eventually try and learn how to convert this to hair strips and export to Daz. 

Made a new artwork yesterday. I'll keep updating this thread with whatever new stuff I do.

You can see the larger version on my deviantart page. 

https://radeon854.deviantart.com/

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

Absolutely stunning renders! I love them smiley

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

Beautiful work.  I love the first one because I'm a fan of face painting and because I love the lighting.  Your work with hair looks awesome!

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Some more great renders, and that hair looks impressive!

Your work is excellent. Very excited to see your next post.

edited April 2018

Thanks everyone for the compliments. :)

I'll keep posting my new stuff here. Incase I haven't mentioned it, all the renders are Octane except for the hair stuff which is Arnold. I'm currently trying to build a ponytail. Right now it's on a simple sphere, but I'm going to transfer it to a proper head today. The fun thing about the ponytail is that it's fully customizable. I'll post few variations once I transfer it on a proper model.

And another hairstyle I did a few days back.

regards

Rohan

A new artwork. The clothing and the base model is Daz. The string of lights, the pendant and the hair are custom made in Houdini. Rendered in Octane. 

• SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 14

Great work. Do you render in Octane for Daz or Octane for Houdini?

This was octane for Houdini because Daz doesn’t support hair curves and it would have been crazy to convert that much hair into geometry. :)

• Rohan, I'm a huge fan of your Houdini tutorials (picked up a few on your sale last year).  yesyes  I think DAZ + Houdini has great potential for hobbiests / indies but there's not much documentation or discussion out there on good DAZ <--> Houdini workflows or tips.  I've tried to gather some information in this thread:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3435431/ ; I'm curious what you're doing for geometry export from DAZ Studio and how you're setting up the materials in Houdini.

Hi,

I read your thread, it’s really good.

I mostly just export as obj with surface names. So nothing special. Since I use octane I just replicate my Daz octane setting in Houdini. I have my basic skin shaders already setup in Houdini so I just copy paste those between my files and change the textures. 

If I’m workin in Daz , then I use Houdini just to do some additional minor modeling and export that as obj. If I’m working in Houdini, I’ll export the character with clothing to Houdini as obj. Usually I’ll export the figure at a subdivision level of 3 because you can’t export a displacement map for the skin details so I’ll just a very high res figure with HD details. 

For the pixie figure i exported the base figure as Alembic because I was setting up hair in Houdini on the base pose and then it has to be readjusted to the final pose so I animated the figure from the base pose to the final pose and exported that as Alembic. 

But mostly I just use obj.

edited May 2018

A new artwork. This again is a combination of Daz and Houdini. I also used marvellous designer to make the jacket and the skirt. I wanted to get her hand inside the jacket pocket, which was easier through marvellous. The character , hair, cat and car are from  Daz. The garage was modeled in Houdini. I added fur on the cat and the socks in Houdini. Rendering in Octane. 

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

You have really thought things through with this one Rohan.  The lighting is moody with just enough warmth coming from the exit light and placing the model at the edge of the composition looking out of the composition seperates her from us so she can get on with her private business.  Fantastic work!

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471

Amazing lighting!  I love it!

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

which Edition of Houdini are you using ?

how much did you pay for it ?

Thank you for the compliments themidget and itsceo. I really wanted to focus on light and colours with this image. I just had the basic pose for the girl and the basic lighting in my mind, I didn’t really have a specific final image in mind so I kept adding to the image as I went along. The cat was a last minute addition. Felt that it would be a nice touch and Houdini has some nice hair tools that I could use to add fur on the cat. 

As to the other question, I’m using Houdini indie 16.5. The license is $399 for 2 years. Which is pretty affordable for me since I make and sell training videos for Houdini as a living. I also have licenses for substance Painter, substance designer, Zbrush, marvelous designer and octane for Houdini , in case anyone was curious. :)