K4 Morphs in GenX?

WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
edited December 1969 in New Users

Have just got GenX and managed to transfer a couple of character morphs to Genesis.

What I would like to know is, is there a way to transfer K4 morphs to Genesis? K4 doesn't have any support files etc

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

I've done - it but it was a while ago and I don't know how I did it. when I get a chance I will have ago and see how it works.
    I think that when GenX first came out as Gen4 over at rendo it had support for K4, I bought it then, so I might have done the transfers back then.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818
    edited December 1969

K4 morphs work on V4 so I just used her instead, got RawArt's greboid over fine dialing in Genesis kid afterwards.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I can confirm that K4 morphs do work nicely on Genesis. I've converted all of my K4 morphs for use with Genesis, though there are some obvious differences in the face mostly.

K4_Compare.png
    800 x 398 - 400K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I can confirm that K4 morphs do work nicely on Genesis. I've converted all of my K4 morphs for use with Genesis, though there are some obvious differences in the face mostly.

So how did you do that?

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:

So how did you do that?
    Load K4 into GenX using the 'Load Figure' option, and then click 'Apply Pose' and select the character morph file you want to convert. Right click in the list of values and choose 'Transfer On for non-zero values' and then export using the Kids 4 (Clone) option.
    Be sure not to use the one listed as 'Kids 4 (Clone) [1.0]' as that one appears to result in 'empty' morphs which do nothing.
    Once that's done I like to choose to 'Create Single Morph' to make it easier to work with, and then hit the transfer button to convert them. By default they'll end up in a folder called GenerationX/Kids 4 Clone. I've converted most of my K4 characters like this, though some of the differences are less stark than you'd expect.

Here's just four of the K4 characters I've converted for Genesis. I have a total of around 8 converted so far.

Girls.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 688K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that will give it a try.