Darwins' Schtuff Pt Deux

Comments

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

Good lord.  

Eh- I know it will continue to happen, but at times it crinks my craw.

On a lighter note- I got to do a couple of renders for DarkEdge, who gave me permission to post them here!

So-DE's Sunglasses and Cigar with some of the Family Members.  Both are titled "You're Late" Vrs 1 is Liam and Giovanni, Vrs 2 is Christian and Salvatore.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818

*jaw drops*  *whine emits*  *faints*

Good heavens... not only are the renders really good, the sunglasses and the cigar are really well done too, and damn.. those men... *faints again*

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    L'Adair said:

Very nice!  Love the lighting as well as his expression in this shot.  ...............is that the General Lee in the background? XD

Thank you, Darwin. Liam was easy. It was the environment that took so long.  I don't think that's the General Lee. The product used is the 1971 AM Muscle Car 2n1. It loads as a "Hemicuda"...

Carola O said:

L'Adair... that is one amazing render, really well done !

Thank you, Carola. blush

Llynara said:

Stunning render, L'Adair! Your attention to detail is always excellent. And the General Lee seems to be making the rounds! Great car wink

Thank you, Llynara. As I said above, I didn't use a product named General Lee, though it is possible it's the same "model"… I don't know enough about cars to say one way or the other. I chose the bright red/orange paint so the car would stand out, and to indicate danger to the viewer subconsciously, as well as adding a touch of bright color to an otherwise muted color palette.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Liam looks good as an old but active biker dude. Maybe not what you were going for, but that's what I see. In spite of Giovanni standing there in a suit! But those sunglasses! They all look exceptional, as does the cigar.

As someone told me recently, "Keep'em coming.  I'm demanding." laugh

lol- L'Adair.  

Yes, Liam at times, doesn't cow down to the traditional Italian style.  He is his own animal- and he blends in really well when he wants.  He's a definite "I don't care what you #*(&ing think" kinda guy.  Better to keep people surprised, then expecting a stereo-type. ;) 

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Sorry to hear about that warez sh*t, if only they would ever get someone for selling out stuff they don't own!

Family is looking cool, I love the Matrix glasses :D

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

That sucks.  If only those people would apply all that energy to doing something worthwhile...

edited March 2018

I'm curious, having read over that list in the first post of this new thread... what would be the surname of Liam, Rosa, Gio, Sal, Guiseppe, Lillyanna, Christian and so on. Are they the O'Brady's or are they one of the other families? *curious*  I get the impression the O'Brady are the main/head family of the irish side? If so, who is leading the Sicily side? *very curious*

Oh and Oliver, like many others who follow this, I too is very interested in reading more :) *nudge, nudge, poke, poke*

Post edited by Carola O on

O's been sick as a dog lately, only just starting to getting feeling better.  I told him you did the *nudge, nudge, poke, poke*

Main family- O'Brady Irish/Sicilian.  After Giovanni and Salvatore were old enough (They started hustling young-think Elementary School) and really got into things, Giovanni was the head of the Sicilian side.  Rosa wasn't part of any type of Family business-she kept her family in line, though. XD  Even had locked Liam out of the house after a long night at the local Irish pub with some of his old mates and made him sit on the porch until dawn.  "You gonna act like a dog, you can sleep like a dog."  Outside he stayed.

Sicilian Surname-that's up to O to post up if he wants, sorry!

The other Families that eventually will show up are Japanese and Russian.  

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Oh, this story gets more and more interesting. I love the international approach. I have a lot of diversity in my Black Kat series too. The more, the merrier!

edited March 2018

The more one hear, the more one wants to hear :) I think you and Oliver has us well and throughly chained by now *happy smile* and no worries, if Oliver want to share the sicilian surname I be happy to hear it, if not I be equally happy to accept that *grins*

Rosa is amazing, no doubts about it. Keeping that husband and all children in line must be a full time job lol 

Really like the international approach too, and it make sense considering the amount of children not only Liam and Rosa had, but also their (or some of their) children had..  don't even want to imaging how big of a house/manor/castle one must have to have a full out family gathering :)

And send Oliver hugs and wishes for him to get well :)

I agree, Llynara!

I'll let O know, Carola, thank you. :) As for family gatherings- in the story Liam and Rosa have a huge house, of course, but by the time their children starting having children and then great-grandchildren, they had a very large dining hall built on the property to have a professional kitchen installed and where everyone could actually have room to sit and eat at one spot. lol  

Okie-doke.  Update on Kyle's brow materials- these are the three that are texture based, rather than fibermesh.

Brow 1

brow 2

brow 3

and I'm done for the day- time to get stuff done. :) 

Next step-tattoos and make up sets. XD

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Ok- so I am more than a little pissed.

My entire catalog is on a warez site- for people to download for free.  With requests and points systems for others to upload stolen products for others to download.  Again.  So sick of this crap- that money could have gone to pay hospital bills, or gas for our car, or food for our table. 

I've compiled a list, sent to Daz as well as other legal channels.  Still. Aggrivated beyond compare atm.

Oh, ouch! I hate that. Hopefully, Daz is quick with the DMCA order and it gets shutdown asap.

Oh, love Liam! I really have to hurry up and get the aging morphs! I want to render his older self. :)  Everyone else is looking mighty fine, too! 

Ah, sorry to hear about O being sick again when things were getting better. I hope he bounces back quickly.

Kyle is looking really good. Nice skin! I'm looking forward to seeing what his tatts look like!

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

Irish, Sicilian, Japanese, and Russian mobs.

There's totally going to be a moment like the West Side Story "Tonight" quintet, isn't there? Only gorier and possibly less singing. (Which, considering West Side Story involves two murders may be saying something.)

edited March 2018

I agree, Llynara!

I'll let O know, Carola, thank you. :) As for family gatherings- in the story Liam and Rosa have a huge house, of course, but by the time their children starting having children and then great-grandchildren, they had a very large dining hall built on the property to have a professional kitchen installed and where everyone could actually have room to sit and eat at one spot. lol  

That do sound like a good idea to have :) 

And Kyle is certainly shaping up real nice DW :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Hope O is getting well quickly! 

Love the glower Kyle has going on.

I would be very interested to see your take on the Asian side of the family as well....

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

I'm sorry about all the troubles with the illegal sites. It sucks that people don't have respect for other peoples hard work.

I hope Oliver gets well soon. Send him my best wishes.

Ohh I love Kyle's freckles and the eyebrow options. Great work!

Ok- so I am more than a little pissed.

My entire catalog is on a warez site- for people to download for free.  With requests and points systems for others to upload stolen products for others to download.  Again.  So sick of this crap- that money could have gone to pay hospital bills, or gas for our car, or food for our table. 

I've compiled a list, sent to Daz as well as other legal channels.  Still. Aggrivated beyond compare atm.

Oh, ouch! I hate that. Hopefully, Daz is quick with the DMCA order and it gets shutdown asap.

Oh, love Liam! I really have to hurry up and get the aging morphs! I want to render his older self. :)  Everyone else is looking mighty fine, too! 

Ah, sorry to hear about O being sick again when things were getting better. I hope he bounces back quickly.

Kyle is looking really good. Nice skin! I'm looking forward to seeing what his tatts look like!

Thanks, KM.  It will either work, or it won't- and like it's been said before, it'll happen elsewhere.  Eh.  Such is life, I suppose.  Thank you about Liam!  I hope you enjoy rendering him when you do. :) He was fun to make.  O's getting better, thankfully.  As for Kyle, I won't be able to work on him tonight, I have fixes to do for Christian. ;) workworkwork!

vwrangler said:

Irish, Sicilian, Japanese, and Russian mobs.

There's totally going to be a moment like the West Side Story "Tonight" quintet, isn't there? Only gorier and possibly less singing. (Which, considering West Side Story involves two murders may be saying something.)

lol- more like no singing, more gore and lots of intricate story webbing. ;)

Carola O said:

I agree, Llynara!

That do sound like a good idea to have :) 

And Kyle is certainly shaping up real nice DW :)

Thank you!

Hope O is getting well quickly! 

Love the glower Kyle has going on.

I would be very interested to see your take on the Asian side of the family as well....

Thank you!  O's getting better, definitely!  The Asian side of the family will come eventually. XD

I'm sorry about all the troubles with the illegal sites. It sucks that people don't have respect for other peoples hard work.

I hope Oliver gets well soon. Send him my best wishes.

Ohh I love Kyle's freckles and the eyebrow options. Great work!

Done and done, and thank you!

Speaking of Kyle- I let this one render while I was at work testing out the short curls hair.  Advice: Set everything up before using the hair.  I had Studio lock up twice after loading the hair and trying to remove a shirt to change it out for another.  Still- I think we have Kyle's hairdo. ;) 

Seen here with another one of Dark Edge's sunglasses with my coloring tweaking to match the hair. 

Purple is my favorite color! He wears it very well! :)

It's been oddly quiet in here, I hope all is well with everyone? *concern*  *offer coffee/tea and cookies around*

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,647

*Takes some cookies and asks "what's up DM?"

What is with the quietness in here? 

Waiting patiently to see more of Kyle, (Drools and slobbers all over the screen)

Been working the day job and this and trying to make sure everything is done. lol

I have one teaser for ya'll.

Oh, those eyes! Very cool! He looks good in red, too! :)

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Oh wow he looks great .Both the purple and the red looks good on him and that hairstyle is perfect.Gorgeous eyes!

Really cool eyes, and he does look good :)

*tilt head* you trying to work and we are nudging you like insane, you poor being :) How's O, has he gotten better?

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

Oh, my. He looks so good. I think there's going to be a rush of renders when he is released wink.

Thank you, everyone!  I'm still tweaking his skin, of course.  Never happy. XD

O has gotten bettter, thank you!  Just busy with the day job picking up as it does this time of year.  I'll have more WIPs this weekend and hints of the extra goodies for him. ;) 

Thank you, everyone!  I'm still tweaking his skin, of course.  Never happy. XD

O has gotten bettter, thank you!  Just busy with the day job picking up as it does this time of year.  I'll have more WIPs this weekend and hints of the extra goodies for him. ;) 

Wonderful to hear O has gotten better.. though I hope both of you don't overwork yourselves *concerned half glare* Though being the hypocrit I am I certainly look forward to the WIP's and goodies... 

Out of curiosity.. any idea of when we get to see Christian *nibble lip and try to look patient* (I realise you might not know, but always worth to ask :) )

I took Giovanni on a ride, with Kincaid and a Dylan/Merrick mix... turned out different than i had expected but it was a hell of a fun ride *grins* Enjoy :)

Survivors

In a world gone mad, you either go mad or you adapt to survive