Darwins' Schtuff Pt Deux

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Grainy though he is, the hotness just pours out! He's looking very nice! :)

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072

Ha-thank you. XD  hopefully I'll have more renders to come.  Soonish.

Just for fun since someone asked- Christian wearing Liam's skin.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Just for fun since someone asked- Christian wearing Liam's skin.

Man, he looks good.

I have one for you, Darwin. However, as it's a closeup of Liam pointing a hand gun straight at the camera, I've put it behind a Mature Content filter on DA. Here's the link: Family Business, by L'Adair

It's actually a closeup from a larger scene I've been working on with Liam. I'm still working on the "ambience" of the alley, so it could be another couple of days before it's finished.

I am really pleased with Liam. Thank you for making such wonderful men, (even if they are "Family.")

That's awesome, L'Adair, and right on the nose.  Well done with that render!  Can't wait to see the rest of it. 

Wish I had an update for the thread, but atm, Kyle is being difficult.  XD  Hopefully soon.  

Liam showed up in my DIM with an "update". I don't recall you mentioning anything about it, (but that doesn't mean you didn't tell us. As my Mama used to say, I've got a brain like a sieve!) Anyway, I was wondering if I should hold off on the update until the scene on working on now is finished…?

Yup, I updated the files because there was an issue with one of the tattoo sets.  You can continue on rendering with no worries. :) 

edited March 2018

Kyle in what may just be his new base skin.  I'm testing this in different lighting rigs atm.  We'll see how he works out. ;)

If this works, then I'l continue to add more freckles and moles to his body areas-he'll have one skin with, and one skin without.  His new base eye textuers are closer to what I see as "whiskey" colored as well. 

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

He looks interesting for sure :) looking forward to see more of him. And whiskey eyes... *swoons*

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Oooh, love the freckles!

Thank you!

Ugh- I got one light set up to work, the other just wouldn't render.  I may have just tried too much.  Time to back to simple stuff for now. lol

I'll post them-even the ugly ones-when they're all done. ;)

It's kind of like that old adage not to mess with your hair too much- it might get stuck that way. LOL

LOL

Ok, I have two that rendered while at work. that I found-need to keep the blasted renders in the character files when they save.

HDRI only:

Some tossed in light rig, HDRI, and Emissive:

I have a funky one working right now- with the eyebrows he now has (see above), I've done three black, three blonde, three red, and three brown colorings.  To add to that- he has a secondary folder for the funky colors that will go with the make up sets I plan to make for him. XD

and a really grainy one- but I have work to do.  Brow color is called Phoenix rising- a nice hot red/orange mix.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

He gets better and better :-) 

i suspect there’s a long line of us waiting for him to come up for sale.

That's awesome, L'Adair, and right on the nose.  Well done with that render!  Can't wait to see the rest of it. 

Wait no longer.

Back Alley Negotiations

Back Alley Negotions, (aka Ultimatum,) by L'Adair

edited March 2018

Darwin - Kyle look great, I agree with Molly that there's likely many of us waiting to get him home, even if I also suspect many of us waiting for Christian to come home to us too ;P And those eyes look great :)

L'Adair... that is one amazing render, really well done !

Post edited by Carola O on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

love the idea with the red/orange eyebrows, very neat! That eye colour surely is something as well :D Seems hes's coming along great. will he be for a figure or g8 base? ( I'm still hoping for another g3 but alas thats too much to ask I guess)

L'Adair said:

Wait no longer.

Back Alley Negotiations

Back Alley Negotions, (aka Ultimatum,) by L'Adair

Very nice!  Love the lighting as well as his expression in this shot.  ...............is that the General Lee in the background? XD

edited March 2018
    Linwelly said:

love the idea with the red/orange eyebrows, very neat! That eye colour surely is something as well :D Seems hes's coming along great. will he be for a figure or g8 base? ( I'm still hoping for another g3 but alas thats too much to ask I guess)

Thank you! He'll have about six "funky brow colors" along with the normal-type hair color mixes for his fibermesh brows.

He is just G8M Base.  As much as I like to work with Daz's bases, I do like a blank canvas to work with most of the time. 

Edit: I believe, this is going to be the point where I start phasing out G3M for the most part-unless I have a specific desire to do so.  Christian is G8 only as well.

I need more time to start learning how to better my craft, and doing this will allow me to eek out some of that time instead of converting back and forth.

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Funky brow colours are fun! I personally don't think I'll ever need them, but playign around is fun. Sadly, I am still addicted to 3DL, so I'm mostly skipping your awesome characters. Unless they go on a sale that's too good to resist. Like Damen (G3M) some time ago. I hope you don't mind me polluting the topic with this silly fun shot of him in miniature size (and converted to 3DL) :) And yeah, the 3DL and hair make him look quite different.

Ha, that's great!  of course I don't mind.  He looks pretty darn good in 3DL.  Thank you for showing him in that system, I just can't get back into the 3DL shader system.  So I'm very glad people still can use the figures. :) Thank you!

edited March 2018

Stunning render, L'Adair! Your attention to detail is always excellent. And the General Lee seems to be making the rounds! Great car wink

@mori_mann He's looking good! I would not have known that was 3DL if you hadn't told me. Great job!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

Thank you both :) 3DL still hasn't lost its charm for me. One day'll I'll get into iray, but this is not that day.

Ok- so I am more than a little pissed.

My entire catalog is on a warez site- for people to download for free.  With requests and points systems for others to upload stolen products for others to download.  Again.  So sick of this crap- that money could have gone to pay hospital bills, or gas for our car, or food for our table. 

I've compiled a list, sent to Daz as well as other legal channels.  Still. Aggrivated beyond compare atm.

Oh Darwin, that sucks so bad :(  *offer friendly hug* hope you can get those people and site to be taken down

Ok- so I am more than a little pissed.

My entire catalog is on a warez site- for people to download for free.  With requests and points systems for others to upload stolen products for others to download.  Again.  So sick of this crap- that money could have gone to pay hospital bills, or gas for our car, or food for our table. 

I've compiled a list, sent to Daz as well as other legal channels.  Still. Aggrivated beyond compare atm.

I know it's not much consolation, but the vast majority of people downloading products from sites like that would never have purchased anyway. They've made the conscious decision to steal the content. Buyers hang out at Daz and other 3D content sites.

What has me seeing red when this happens, is someone from our community bought that content in the first place, in order to upload it. That person is well aware of the damage they are doing to the PA, may that person burn in hell for eternity. Or at least have everything go wrong in this life. As the saying goes, "Kharma's a b1tch."

Please accept the barrel of virtual hugs I'm sending your way.

Skype Hug

Ah, man that sucks. They say imitation is flattery, I'm not sure what they say piracy is except stealing. Sorry your work, and many others, are once again involved. 

Unfortunately it's not the first time and probably won't be the last. These sites pop up over and over again. I think piracy is a problem for anyone who creates digital content of any kind. I know many writers dealing with the same thing, as well as photographers, musicians, you name it. Digital content is so much easier to duplicate and share than just about any other kind. For some people, that temptation is just too great. Which stinks for those of us trying to make a living at it. On Amazon there are some really crazy scams going on hurting writers. There are people stealing books, relisting them as their own and competing with the original author. There are others relisting the print editions of an author's book for insanely inflated prices. They don't even actually have a copy, they only purchase one if someone purchases one from their listings. There's a lot of weird stuff going on to make a buck (look at the cryptomining, that's way out there!)