e-mail notifications not working?

flashbackflashback Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is anyone getting notifications? I haven't gotten a single one yet.

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

It's spotty. They're investigating. It's in the known issues thread. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/123/

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

For the forum? Yes. For sales? Not me, though others are. We don't know what the problem is, as far as I am aware.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

For the forum? Yes. For sales? Not me, though others are. We don't know what the problem is, as far as I am aware.

Not receiving notifications may actually be simple (at least for some). I was talking with Comcast a bit ago and they seem to require that all email going through them come from secure and authenticated connections. Perhaps in the changeover the ports were changed or certain checkboxes left unchecked in the email set up. And if various emails are generated from different email set ups for different functions (newsletters vs sales confirmations vs forum notifications) that could explain why some people get some mail and not other mail from DAZ.

Or I could be all wet. I did mention this to Britney who had answered my query re not getting sales confirms with a bit of a shrug.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Forum email alerts are not working for me.
    I posted a possible solution in the above referenced thread (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/123/) but as usual, received no feedback. Look for my post on the third page of the thread (permalinks are not working either, so I can't post a direct link to my post).

My suggestion is based on the same solution that fixed the same email problem in the old forum last year, after a forum server update broke email alerts for many users. It has to do with properly configuring reverse DNS on the server.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

I've not gotten a single forum notice. But I've gotten newsletter type emails, the latest one about the Super Suit. I have not gotten confirmations of purchases, either. Thankfully, I do get the emails from PayPal, so I know they cleared.

Dana

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm getting notifications from the forum, and I got notifications of releases (1.grand reopening, 2.say hello to the new DAZ, 3.pardon our dust, 4.introducing the new supersuit, 5.super genesis supersuit). So, if those are all they've sent, then the system works on this end.