More Non-photorealisitic Renders (NPR II)

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,781
    edited March 2018

Looks nice, AlmightyQUEST.

For me Oso Toon shader is too much complicated to use.

For now, I will stick with iClone 7 toon rendering and explore more of its possibilities.

Post edited by Artini on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Kenmo, thank you very much.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

@kenmo Thanks for the compliment

Artini said:

Rendered in iClone 7.

yes

• RARA Posts: 78
    tkdrobert said:

Blade Runner: Hot Pursuit.  Although this render is detailed, it does not appear to be "Photo-real" to me.  Feel free to correct me if you feel I am wrong.

Blade Runner: Hot Pursuit

@tkdrobert Wow. Great action you've captured in a single frame.

RA

• RARA Posts: 78
    Vyusur said:

I've just made some experiments with NPR trying to achieve pencil drawing feel.

@Vyusur I love this one.  When I begin a B&W novel, I would love to how you achieved this look.

RA

Kaiju Painted

Kaiju (Painted)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited March 2018

Terrific stuff all

Post edited by Headwax on
  • head wax said:

here's a few renders straight out of Carrara that might be of interest to someone  - (well all  but one - the top middle one is toon pro overlaying the first image on the top left) 

- the water colour effect is obtained by doing a photon pass- and at least one of them has caustics turned on - the dark lines courtsey of toonpro! ( a carrara add on plugin)

the one with the most lines - the obj was bought in facetted/.???? and ended up as a primitive ??? I think that's what happened - then when I converted to mesh it lost all those lines (the ones that demark the tri gons)  - shader image attached - the shader uses easy Fresnel by shoe string shaders

here's some poser  robots for the Carrara toon challange - I rendered out an occlusion pass, a shadow pass , and a toonpro pass - I dirted up the shadow pass in fotosketcher - then combined them - uses parameter Darker Colour

Very interesting effects. The robots are cool, but those sketchy lines on the swirly shape are really facinating. 

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,960
    edited March 2018

More with Will's new shader, and the new Carnomoloch. I am getting the hang of the shader and really enjoying what I can do with the output.

demon_toon_v1_20180310.png
    2000 x 1000 - 4M
    demon_toon_v2_20180310.png
    2000 x 1000 - 4M
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
    tkdrobert said:

Kaiju Painted

Kaiju (Painted)

Really like this, especially love the color in it!

Vyusur said:

I like all of these but especially this one. I think you did very well at getting a pencil look to this!

edited March 2018

Born to Fly.  Rendered in Iray with Topaz filter and Photoshop adjustments.

Born to Fly II

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited March 2018

Using the toon render option in DAZ Studio for 3Delight and two distant lights. I thought this came out kinda cool

SlaveGirl.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 129K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142
    edited March 2018

Playing with the new manga characters Sakura and Sasuki.  Here is the original.  The version posted below is postworked/tooned using photoshop and topaz.

Manga Friends tooned.jpg
    2208 x 2190 - 2M
    Post edited by Worlds_Edge on
  • head wax said:

This is the Helmeted Bird out of one of Bosch's works - The Garden of Earthly Delights.

He appears in my homage to another work by Bosch - Removing the Stone of Madness which will be soon hanging at Maitland Regional Art Gallery (NSW, Australia). 

Opens Feb 3rd 2018 and goes to April 29th. Of course I'd love it if you came to the show :) MRAG website is here.

http://mrag.org.au/exhibitions/coming-exhibitions/

you'll find him bottom right on the right panel of this triptych https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Garden_of_Earthly_Delights

Carrara renders postworked

This is fantastic, thanks for posting! btw where do you keep gallery?

• Vyusur said:

Very nice stuff. To me it looks like a combination of ink and pencil. And I apologize if you've answered this elsewhere, but what programs/filters/shaders are you using to achieve these effects. 

• Artini said:

Rendered in iClone 7.

Does iClone 7 have a geometric edge render option, or are you using a combination of shaders/effects to get this look?

Also, does it support the Genesis figures?

• EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 299
    edited March 2018

Story Time

daycare_toon.png
    2128 x 1744 - 6M
    Post edited by Eurocoin on

Danger Zone.  Highway to the danger zone...

Danger Zone (Painted)

edited March 2018
    Artini said:

Rendered in iClone 7.

Does iClone 7 have a geometric edge render option, or are you using a combination of shaders/effects to get this look?

Also, does it support the Genesis figures?

I have just activated a toon render option in iClone 7 and have not tweaked any of the materials.

iClone support all Daz figures, up to Genesis 8, but I have to learn myself, how to do it.

Post edited by Artini on
  • kenmokenmo Posts: 895

Number 7, Super Coupe

Hot rod inspired by a salt flats racing coupe.

I modeled the hot rod in 3D using Hexagon 3D. The wheels were modeled in Moi3D.

The car was rendered in Poser 11 Pro's comic book style and composited into a background I created using Photoshop and ArtRage.

edited March 2018

Nice. Cars are always fun to render. Rendered in iClone 7.2.

FordA01pic03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 322K
    Post edited by Artini on

Macross Battle

Macross Battle

Artini said:

Nice. Cars are always fun to render. Rendered in iClone 7.2.

Great looking Model A...and fine redner...

tkdrobert said:

Macross Battle

Macross Battle

Love the epic proportions of this render...

Thanks

Thanks, kenmo.

There are a lot of free models in sketchup warehouse, that looks great in iClone.

Artini said:

Thanks, kenmo.

There are a lot of free models in sketchup warehouse, that looks great in iClone.

I've been finding some good stuff on Sketchfab, but do you know why some models can be downlowded one day but not the next?  Do they rotate the free models?

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    RA said:
    Vyusur said:

@Vyusur I love this one.  When I begin a B&W novel, I would love to how you achieved this look.

RA

Thank you a lot! You can find the recipe in my studio thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3396021/#Comment_3396021

tkdrobert said:
    Artini said:

Thanks, kenmo.

I've been finding some good stuff on Sketchfab, but do you know why some models can be downlowded one day but not the next?  Do they rotate the free models?

I did not know about free models on Sketchfab, I mostly use free models from https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/

and ShareCG.

This discussion has been closed.