Released: Carnomoloch [Commercial]

Comments

• dikatindikatin Posts: 33
    edited March 2018

I can't select the right thigh (rLeg 01) - is that a known issue? Also the hands aren't good (meh, I'm used to Genesis). But otherwise, a wonderful model.

Post edited by dikatin on
  • Very Awesome Renders!

Thank you Herschel  for all your hard work on creating stuff for us to play with.  I am loving this character and all the fantastic images people are making with it. 

Here is one of my first attempts with it

The lighting is really well done along with the layout of the scene. Great Job!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    dikatin said:

I can't select the right thigh (rLeg 01) - is that a known issue? Also the hands aren't good (meh, I'm used to Genesis). But otherwise, a wonderful model.

I cab confirm the inability to select the right thight (rLeg 01)t in the preview pane - but can do so in scene tab.  Whilst it'd be nice to have 'grip' style poses for the hands, I can live without.

• dikatin said:

After downloading and installing the store file I do notice the the right thigh doesn't highlight in the main scene when you hover over it but you can select it in the parameters just fine. I don't know what caused the right thigh to not highlight and be grabble by the mouse cursor.

Can you explain further about the hands? I'm just interested in what you mean so I can make future products better.

dikatin said:

After downloading and installing the store file I do notice the the right thigh doesn't highlight in the main scene when you hover over it but you can select it in the parameters just fine. I don't know what caused the right thigh to not highlight and be grabble by the mouse cursor.

Can you explain further about the hands? I'm just interested in what you mean so I can make future products better.

If you look at the main figure range you wil often get a grasp and/or fist set of paaremeter dials that deal with the whoel hand/digits inone go.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

Kaiju.  Wrong ISLAND!  Turn around!!!

Kaiju

• That's pretty awesome! Would love to see a 'Rampage' inspired scene like this.

That's pretty awesome! Would love to see a 'Rampage' inspired scene like this.

My ruined city model that I have is for Poser and doesn't look good enough for this awesome model, even after being converted to IRAY.  I tried to do a giant kitbashed Robot, but looked like crap compared to the monster. LOL!

Painted version

Kaiju (Painted)

• If you have the money... this is possibly an option. I will purchasing this myself in the near future to be used in Promo art.

https://kitbash3d.com/products/warzone

• AethyrAethyr Posts: 91

I really like this guy but I'm a bit confused about something. On the main promo image there's the Genesis 8 logo, but from the description it sounds like it's a standalone figure. Is it in any way compatible with other figures, in terms of poses, clothing, morphs etc? If it was based off G8M I'd buy immediately but I often find standalone figures less versatile as I can't utilise them with my existing content.

Even so this looks like an exceptional character and I'm tempted regardless.

--A

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

If the head was in a larger proportion, the lengthy snout is basically what I wanted for a more crocodilian Reptilian 6. :)

Beautiful quality. Had to get it. If it eventually comes with a bony crest, some optional horn arrangements and a blue texture, it could easily pass for fan-art of the Lizardmen faction in the 'Total War: Warhammer 2' game.

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/006/116/783/large/rich-carey-lzd-saurus-warriors-richcarey.jpg
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/DW8XE

• Aethyr said:

I really like this guy but I'm a bit confused about something. On the main promo image there's the Genesis 8 logo, but from the description it sounds like it's a standalone figure. Is it in any way compatible with other figures, in terms of poses, clothing, morphs etc? If it was based off G8M I'd buy immediately but I often find standalone figures less versatile as I can't utilise them with my existing content.

Even so this looks like an exceptional character and I'm tempted regardless.

--A

That is definitely a art error, it should read Daz Studio and Iray only.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,308

Guidance notes for Huge Evil Monsters planning acts of extreme malice, mayhem and murder. It’s a very good idea to check first and make sure your intended victim is not Arch Mage Serena, head posterior-kicker of the sisterhood of scientist magicians the Future Mages, widely regarded as the scariest and most dangerous sentient being in a one thousand universe radius.  Things are not looking good for the Carnomoloch...

Cheers,

Alex.

20 Seconds To Live.JPG
    3000 x 1875 - 845K
  • dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

I absolutely love this guy!  Here's my first render with him, if it'll let me upload it here.  For some reason it breaks every time I try and upload it to the gallery.

Scaly friend S.jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 2M
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,561
    edited March 2018

Great renders, @alexhcowley and @dragotx!

Ended up buying both this guy and Ronen this morning. Unfortunately, I've got limited time to mess around with them today - it's like a cruel & unusual form of torture!

Did manage to sneak in a quicky while working, though (woot lol). Loaded the figure, loaded one of the poses that came with him, made a few adjustments before positioning the camera and hitting render.

The NPR algorithms I work with look best when there's plenty of detail to chew on, and Carnomoloch is oozing with details! Or is that just a little bit of drool?

Thanks for making such an incredibly detailed figure, Herschel - can't wait to spend some more time working with him (and Ronen, too).

- Greg

ink2-800.png
    800 x 615 - 478K
    Post edited by algovincian on
  • Wow guys, excellent renders! The filtered hand-drawn look is very convincing and well done.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,940

Oh, thought I posted one of these here already, guess not! Really enjoying this, looking forward to using him more.

Hope he is popular enough for some addons. In the mean time, I'm going to try using dynamics to get some clothing on him donated from Genesis figures. Maybe a robe and slippers...

• If the head was in a larger proportion, the lengthy snout is basically what I wanted for a more crocodilian Reptilian 6. :)

Beautiful quality. Had to get it. If it eventually comes with a bony crest, some optional horn arrangements and a blue texture, it could easily pass for fan-art of the Lizardmen faction in the 'Total War: Warhammer 2' game.

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/006/116/783/large/rich-carey-lzd-saurus-warriors-richcarey.jpg

when I first saw the early promos that was what I thought of using him for too as well as other ideas but Warhammer (and it's future Warhammer 40,000) fanart is something been wanting to do and he is perfect. Rendering one now has several Lizardmen in it and a Slann was going to use the frog but went for a kitbash mainly creature creator. Missing skinks though. Need some Skaven for them to fight they hate them the most. Most of the other races sort of covered but can always add to as well as more monsters and mythological beasts. But this guy is a most welcomed needed addition love him

• If the head was in a larger proportion, the lengthy snout is basically what I wanted for a more crocodilian Reptilian 6. :)

when I first saw the early promos that was what I thought of using him for too as well as other ideas but Warhammer (and it's future Warhammer 40,000) fanart is something been wanting to do and he is perfect. Rendering one now has several Lizardmen in it and a Slann was going to use the frog but went for a kitbash mainly creature creator. Missing skinks though. Need some Skaven for them to fight they hate them the most. Most of the other races sort of covered but can always add to as well as more monsters and mythological beasts. But this guy is a most welcomed needed addition love him

Warhammer fanart of Slann and Lizardmen featuring three of Herschel's creatures - Carnomoloch, Dakotaraptor and Carnotaurus

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/542491

edited March 2018

And another quick one:

Attack_W.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 181K
    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,500
    edited March 2018

In the office...

Carnomoloch03pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 682K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,874

The fearsome carnomoloch!

Ballet.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 538K
  • Haha loving these renders. It seems like Carnomoloch is being well taken care of. That last one needs a pink bow on top of its head. Now who's going to volunteer to give it belly rubs?

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

Yeah, I don’t like this guy. 

I LOVE HIM!

But he does have the problem of being so good and so detailed he outshines some other models that would otherwise “go” with him.

so as they say, shut up and take my money, and finish some more models so you can take more of my money. 

edited March 2018

So I worked on this image this morning and finished it this evening. 

Post edited by Joe Webb on
  • Joe Webb said:

So I worked on this image this morning and finished it this evening. 

pretty epic

• Haha loving these renders. It seems like Carnomoloch is being well taken care of. That last one needs a pink bow on top of its head. Now who's going to volunteer to give it belly rubs?

well I'm working on one but having some problems looks great in aux preview from different angles and camera but when I render proper something explodes and I can not work out what it is

edited March 2018

Haha loving these renders. It seems like Carnomoloch is being well taken care of. That last one needs a pink bow on top of its head. Now who's going to volunteer to give it belly rubs?

well I'm working on one but having some problems looks great in aux preview from different angles and camera but when I render proper something explodes and I can not work out what it is

Carnomoloch eats a lot of memory. If you're using more than one of him/her/it you might be hitting the top of your memory? 

Thanks, you work on an epic scale yourself :)

Post edited by Joe Webb on
  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited March 2018
    Joe Webb said:

Haha loving these renders. It seems like Carnomoloch is being well taken care of. That last one needs a pink bow on top of its head. Now who's going to volunteer to give it belly rubs?

Carnomoloch eats a lot of memory. If you're using more than one of him/her/it you might be hitting the top of your memory? 

Thanks, you work on an epic scale yourself :)

thanks, well in this one there is only one and 4 ladies in a room the previous render I did had 3 Carnos, several reptillian 6, few dinos and a daz dragon 3 that was fine> I'll try again and take some screen gabs of aux preview and of the render as it goes

Image1.jpg
    1768 x 992 - 307K
    Image2.jpg
    1768 x 992 - 323K
    Image3.jpg
    1768 x 992 - 320K
    Image4.jpg
    1768 x 992 - 381K
    Post edited by ANGELREAPER1972 on