More Non-photorealisitic Renders (NPR II)

Comments

• kenmokenmo Posts: 895
    Starlaw said:

Character work in progress for my first virtual comics StarLaw

Looks great...

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787
    Oso3D said:

Artini:

if you have any questions about what it can or can’t do, feel free to ask https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/232771/oso-toon-shader-for-iray-for-sale-commercial/

Yes, I have noticed your thread, but I am still waiting for someone, who bought your shader, to post some images.

That's why I have posted my question here, in this thread, to increase chances to see some images.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I'm working on an image but it's my youngest's sixth birthday so I'm a little busier than usual. With any luck I'll get around to filtering and compositing later tonight.

Here is an, uh, PR version of the image I re-rendered using the Oso Toon basic method.

Here is a basic composit of the Oso Toon basic three layers, using the organic approach on the shading pass. I created a line layer on the materialID pass via a Topaz Studio prebuilt recipe, and I duplicated it and have one as multiply and one as overlay (67%).

Here is the same composite, but I applied an artsy Topaz filter recipe to the Flat Color pass as well.

steampunk girl final 1.jpg
    2400 x 2400 - 3M
    steampunk girl final 2.jpg
    2400 x 2400 - 2M

Thanks, dreamfarmer, for posting your images.

I have also bought Oso Toon shader, so will try it too.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited March 2018

I've just made some experiments with NPR trying to achieve pencil drawing feel.

Motogirl01.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    archer01.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 664K
    girl-forest.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
    edited March 2018

One more:

Knight_sitting_throne.jpg
    975 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • philebusphilebus Posts: 241
    edited March 2018

Semi-happy with this one. I think his head needs to be looking the other way perhaps - I don't know, it just doesn't quite look right. The rest of it, I'm pleased with.

SimoneSays_gallery.jpg
    1000 x 1415 - 113K
    Post edited by Chohole on

You have developed quite a distinguish style of your images, philebus, and I like it.

Looks interesting, Vyusur.

Thanks, Artini.

Layered filtered output from the Oso3d shader-renders, with some adjustment layers and a bit of manual brushwork.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    edited March 2018

Still on an Anime trip:

Mecha Wars III by tkdrobert

Mecha Wars III.png
    2400 x 3000 - 4M
    Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    philebus said:

Semi-happy with this one. I think his head needs to be looking the other way perhaps - I don't know, it just doesn't quite look right. The rest of it, I'm pleased with.

Very nice! It reminds me of the artist Robert McGinnis and his work on the Milo March detective novels from the late 60s, early 70s. Very impressive.

-- Walt Sterdan

Vyusur said:

One more:

I really like the last two best, I think you've pretty much nailed it!

-- Walt Sterdan

wsterdan said:
    Vyusur said:

One more:

I really like the last two best, I think you've pretty much nailed it!

-- Walt Sterdan

Thank you so much!

edited March 2018

Launch the Ravens

Launch the Ravens (Painted

Post edited by Chohole on
  • StarlawStarlaw Posts: 71
    tkdrobert said:

Launch the Ravens

Love It! This would be a fantastic piece to put on the wall in an office i do not yet own :P

Starlaw said:
    tkdrobert said:

Launch the Ravens

Love It! This would be a fantastic piece to put on the wall in an office i do not yet own :P

Thank you.

tkdrobert said:

Launch the Ravens

Gorgeous work -- as always -- but at a quick glance on a smaller screen the lighting makes the person in front look like they're not wearing any pants. wink

-- Walt Sterdan

wsterdan said:
    tkdrobert said:

Launch the Ravens

Gorgeous work -- as always -- but at a quick glance on a smaller screen the lighting makes the person in front look like they're not wearing any pants. wink

-- Walt Sterdan

LOL.  I almost changed her paints to match the others.  I wanted her to stand out, but not in that way. LOL

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited March 2018
    tkdrobert said:
    wsterdan said:
    tkdrobert said:

Launch the Ravens

-- Walt Sterdan

LOL.  I almost changed her paints to match the others.  I wanted her to stand out, but not in that way. LOL

@tkdrobert - I didn't see the pants that way on first look, but now I can't see it any other way.  LOL.  Great image, whether she is wearing a work suit or flesh colored dancer's tights.  The anime robot battle is also great, and I like that you so easily move between styles.  

@Dreamfarmer.  - Excellent KPop/JPop idol.  The expression really comes through.  I am considering buying the Oso3D shaders.  Looks impressive, and I have loved Will's posts in this thread.  Nice to see demonstrations because I don't know how much is the shader and how much is Will's skill.  I can buy one, but the other is beyond me.  Do you mind if I ask how much additional brushwork you had to do?  Alternatively, could you post the raw render?  Understand if that would be inconvenient or otherwise troublesome. 

Post edited by Diomede on
    Vyusur said:

I've just made some experiments with NPR trying to achieve pencil drawing feel.

Love the end results you obtained from your experimenting....

philebus said:

Looks fantastic...

Layered filtered output from the Oso3d shader-renders, with some adjustment layers and a bit of manual brushwork.

Cool work of art....

tkdrobert said:

Still on an Anime trip:

Mecha Wars III by tkdrobert

Superb....

tkdrobert said:

Launch the Ravens

Launch the Ravens (Painted

I think this is my favorite piece you've done....

edited March 2018
    Diomede said:
    tkdrobert said:
    wsterdan said:
    tkdrobert said:

Launch the Ravens

-- Walt Sterdan

@tkdrobert - I didn't see the pants that way on first look, but now I can't see it any other way.  LOL.  Great image, whether she is wearing a work suit or flesh colored dancer's tights.  The anime robot battle is also great, and I like that you so easily move between styles.  

@Dreamfarmer.  - Excellent KPop/JPop idol.  The expression really comes through.  I am considering buying the Oso3D shaders.  Looks impressive, and I have loved Will's posts in this thread.  Nice to see demonstrations because I don't know how much is the shader and how much is Will's skill.  I can buy one, but the other is beyond me.  Do you mind if I ask how much additional brushwork you had to do?  Alternatively, could you post the raw render?  Understand if that would be inconvenient or otherwise troublesome. 

@Diomede LOL!  It's a worksuit.  It alows me to give different colors for the top and bottom.  I was trying to emulate the colors of a reference photo of real carrier crew members, so the top: yellow, bottom tan.  Of course, since this is sci-fi, I didn't want it exactly the same.   Originally I had the same outfit on the two guys in front, but for some funky reason they didn't look right (lighting maybe), so I changed them to green cargo pants.

@kenmo Thanks for the compliments.

Post edited by tkdrobert on
    edited March 2018

Rendered in iClone 7.

Car02pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 268K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,960
    edited March 2018

I did a thing, with Will's new Oso Toon Shaders. Sorry it is a few days.... week late, but hey, there should be a catch up sale too?

Took an existing scene I had an used the shaders on it. I will warn you that if you select a large number of objects and surfaces and apply a shader it can take a bit for it to load (not the fault of this shader set, just something to keep in mind).

Anyway, really like this. Would do some things differently in the future, like not start with a super complex scene already assembled, but add the shader and, more importantly, the material IDs as I go along so I can do things like have objects connected to a figure be more similar in colors, and more different from the background, to ensure even contrast with the lines. But, as long as you read the instructions (which are short to start with, but important!) it's easy to use and I like the results.

Did a few variations with the shading layer. Lots of possibilities with this.

Pigs In Space version 3

Pigs In Space version 1

pigsinspace_toon01_20180308.png
    2048 x 1024 - 4M
    pigsinspace_toon02_20180308.png
    2048 x 1024 - 3M
    pigsinspace_toon03_20180308.png
    2048 x 1024 - 3M
    pigsinspace_toon_setup_20180308.png
    2048 x 1024 - 3M
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
This discussion has been closed.