Will This Laptop Configuration Run Daz 4.10?

I'm considering installing Daz Studio on a second device, a two year old Acer laptop, to comlement my relatively high end desktop for rendering "on-the-go". Will this configuration give acceptable performance? I know it won't be able to render complex scenes, but what about just two characters with something like "DAZ Studio Iray HDR Outdoor Environments".

Can it render in IRAY?

• 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U Processor (Up to 2.8GHz) 
  • NVIDIA 940MX (Memory Interface DDR3, GDDR5, NVIDIA GPU Boost 2.0, CUDA)
  • 8GB DDR4
  • 256GB SSD
  • Windows 10

Comments

• Memory looks tight, especially if the GPU is taking some of it. If the GPU has its own memory, how much?

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

In a shop it says in the details "NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB of dedicated DDR5 VRAM"

• Richard, it looks like it has 2GB of its own, unless I'm not looking at the correct value. See attached screen capture.

NVIDIA.JPG
    959 x 708 - 79K
  • 2GB isn't much - you might be able to do single-character renders, or some environments, but mostly your renders would drop to CPU. Resizing textures might help a bit (I used to be able to render a single nude character in 1GB, mostly - some with a lot of maps failed even without any other items loaded even then).

• Ugh, ok. Thank you. I do own that Scene Optimizer product and use it often to resize complex scenes. Thanks for the advice.

• And thank you, Maikdecker.