carraracafe

1235»

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

bigh said:
    de3an said:
    It seems to be specific to the "posting an image in a thread" topic.
    Let me know.

Hmmm That actually narrows it down... I wonder if it is flash-based. Very helpful since it is so specific... Thank you!

Wendy, I want ALL your animations there in the feed! That would be so awesome! Then I want you to host a modeling/rigging challenge (so I can learn how to do it)....

you got to be kidding !
    wendy :roll:
    You want to do it, Bigh?
    :lol:

It was Wendy's galloping chair... I was like OK! Clearly I am being to precious and it's holding me back. More experimenting! More RISK!

Post edited by wetcircuit on
    edited December 1969

de3an said:
    As far as social media goes, maybe I just don't get the difference between participating in a forum and the "friending" thing. Being a member of the over 60 group, maybe it's a generational thing.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think the term "friend", as well has the term "community", have both morphed in recent years (ie, the "social media" generation) into something entirely different from how many in the "older" generation define those terms....
    :) Older men having "friend" resistance... This is like saying kids like peanut butter. LOL

It's the term that is used. I changed some of the sites terminology, but I can't just completely make up my own words.... I thought about alternatives.... Comrade, share buddy, inner circle, coven, clique, lol. I really did... I am willing to use a better term. I tried to think of something that would be Carrara related but nothing came to mind. OH WAIT something to do with Grouping in the Assembly room.... Hmmmmm. Help me out people.

Anyway, I'm trying to make the features available, not to dictate how people should use the site or relate to each other. All words are loaded. but people today understand the Facebook terms.... And people actually USING the site might be different than what *I* expect... I thought about trying different things, activating features in stages, closing certain features that seem confusing or that no one takes to right away..., but how do I know until people actually use it? Will it change your life? no. Will it be fun and worthwhile? I don't know, let's try and see.

Sorry that you don't approve of my demeanor Head Wax. Please see the animated hostess for saccharine positivity. :) If everyone had their charming faces on at all time it would indeed be a different world (a nightmare Stepford Wives trapped-at-Disneyworldkind of world...). I've found that in real life people treat you like a surf when they think you are "nice", so I learned to stop being nice.... I would rather be genuine, which is to say "honest"... I'm not sure why. I can't say whether either is really a better strategy. I just feel that people who are always saccharine are probably selling you something or trying to get you to work for free.... Just put the cards on the table. This is how I see it. Here's the real situation and be yourself, that way there are no surprises and if someone can help add to the pot, great. If we are all honest and working towards the same goal then there should be no problems getting there

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited May 2013

I uploaded a couple of wips to test the gallery functionality. Why does it resize my images? Someone else had larger images in their gallery. (Not that I'm necessarily complaining, they look better that way...)

Also WTF is it with these forums (here at DAZ) and the logins? It used to work fine but now it keeps logging me out, and clicking the Log In link just takes me to my store account without logging me into the forums.

Post edited by araneldon on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

de3an said:
    As far as social media goes, maybe I just don't get the difference between participating in a forum and the "friending" thing. Being a member of the over 60 group, maybe it's a generational thing.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think the term "friend", as well has the term "community", have both morphed in recent years (ie, the "social media" generation) into something entirely different from how many in the "older" generation define those terms....

:) Older men having "friend" resistance... This is like saying kids like peanut butter. LOL

It's the term that is used. I changed some of the sites terminology, but I can't just completely make up my own words.... I thought about alternatives.... Comrade, share buddy, inner circle, coven, clique, lol. I really did... I am willing to use a better term. I tried to think of something that would be Carrara related but nothing came to mind. OH WAIT something to do with Grouping in the Assembly room.... Hmmmmm. Help me out people.

Anyway, I'm trying to make the features available, not to dictate how people should use the site or relate to each other. All words are loaded. but people today understand the Facebook terms.... And people actually USING the site might be different than what *I* expect... I thought about trying different things, activating features in stages, closing certain features that seem confusing or that no one takes to right away..., but how do I know until people actually use it? Will it change your life? no. Will it be fun and worthwhile? I don't know, let's try and see.

Sorry that you don't approve of my demeanor Head Wax. Please see the animated hostess for saccharine positivity. :) If everyone had their charming faces on at all time it would indeed be a different world (a nightmare Stepford Wives trapped-at-Disneyworldkind of world...). I've found that in real life people treat you like a surf when they think you are "nice", so I learned to stop being nice.... I would rather be genuine, which is to say "honest"... I'm not sure why. I can't say whether either is really a better strategy. I just feel that people who are always saccharine are probably selling you something or trying to get you to work for free.... Just put the cards on the table. This is how I see it. Here's the real situation and be yourself, that way there are no surprises and if someone can help add to the pot, great. If we are all honest and working towards the same goal then there should be no problems getting there

How about Animated Group? ;-)

edited December 1969

araneldon said:
    I uploaded a couple of wips to test the gallery functionality. Why does it resize my images? Someone else had larger images in their gallery. (Not that I'm necessarily complaining, they look better that way...)

Also WTF is it with these forums (here at DAZ) and the logins? It used to work fine but now it keeps logging me out, and clicking the Log In link just takes me to my store account without logging me into the forums.

The images seem to scale by height (?) at least in the feed... I spent some time in the gallery today but I'm not fully up to speed... We could have these conversations over there too, lol. I mean it's ok to do it here, I check both... But there is a Feedback Forum over there if that seems more convenient...?

The DAZ site dumps me to an error page when I log in... LOL Then I try to get back to the site and i go somewhere in my user menu I don't even understand... I just spent 5 min looking for the forum Messages and I can't find it...

De3an, I removed a crazy iFrame that might have been causing your crash, as it was the only "weird" thing in that thread.... Can you check it again when you have time?

Thanks Everybody!

Oh, and here's one thing the CAFE FORUMS can do that DAZ FORUMS can't: add a comment on an individual post inside the thread...

Screen_Shot_2013-05-25_at_11.13_.23_AM_.png
    599 x 315 - 39K
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

De3an, I removed a crazy iFrame that might have been causing your crash, as it was the only "weird" thing in that thread.... Can you check it again when you have time?

I'm still getting the crash. I've noticed that it only crashes if I'm logged in. If I'm not logged in, no problem.

I'm posting an image of what I tap to get the crash. Again, this only happens from within the "posting an image in a thread" topic.

I also noticed that the drop down "Select a category" menu shown in the image is not present at this point if I am not logged in. A clue perhaps?

391200403.774262_.jpg
    1024 x 674 - 191K
    edited December 1969

de3an said:

I'm still getting the crash. I've noticed that it only crashes if I'm logged in. If I'm not logged in, no problem.

I'm posting an image of what I tap to get the crash. Again, this only happens from within the "posting an image in a thread" topic.

I also noticed that the drop down "Select a category" menu shown in the image is not present at this point if I am not logged in. A clue perhaps?

So you are not logged in with this screen grab?

I will take a second look - and check if I can see the dropdown menu on my iPad.

I actually like CAFE on my iPad better than DAZ on my iPad, Cafe let's me click sub menus, with DAZ it is like 4 page loads to get to the Carrara forums...

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

So you are not logged in with this screen grab?

I will take a second look - and check if I can see the dropdown menu on my iPad.

I actually like CAFE on my iPad better than DAZ on my iPad, Cafe let's me click sub menus, with DAZ it is like 4 page loads to get to the Carrara forums...

No, I am logged in with the screen grab.
    When I am not logged in, the dropdown menu is not visible.

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

:) Older men having "friend" resistance... This is like saying kids like peanut butter. LOL..

Huh? :gulp:

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited December 1969

Holly sayeth

Sorry that you don’t approve of my demeanor Head Wax. Please see the animated hostess for saccharine positivity. If everyone had their charming faces on at all time it would indeed be a different world (a nightmare Stepford Wives trapped-at-Disneyworldkind of world…). I’ve found that in real life people treat you like a surf when they think you are “nice”, so I learned to stop being nice…. I would rather be genuine, which is to say “honest”... I’m not sure why. I can’t say whether either is really a better strategy. I just feel that people who are always saccharine are probably selling you something or trying to get you to work for free…. Just put the cards on the table. This is how I see it. Here’s the real situation and be yourself, that way there are no surprises and if someone can help add to the pot, great. If we are all honest and working towards the same goal then there should be no problems getting there

Your demeanor is fine Holly :)
    Was a small joke, we give complements in Oz in a backwards way. Part of the problem with net comunictaion is cultural "oddity".

edited December 1969

head wax said:

Your demeanor is fine Holly :)
    Was a small joke, we give complements in Oz in a backwards way. Part of the problem with net comunictaion is cultural "oddity".

It's like that whole dropbear thing, isn't it...?

I'll never understand foreign languages. :-P

edited December 1969

Heh, well if it's a beautiful day we say "Oh what a crappy day!"
    And the other bloke says "Yeah, gee I wish I were at work. You get sick of surfing all the time."
    :)

It comes from being convicts and not letting the nasty englishknow what we are "really" thinking.

Gee it's a crappy day here...

edited December 1969

Hey Holly, you still alive? Hope everything is fine at your end,

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 1969

clicking on her name it seems her last visit was in July 11, 2013. Holly-days time. Hope come back soon