Miraheze Freebies and contributing

So, I dropped in on the Miraheze Poser/Daz freebies site, to see if I could use it for a "Whats New" in freebies.  Found that I could be looking at recent changes!  :)  I appreciate the work that they put into that!

Since I had just found a few on Pixiv, I figured I would add them, but after confirming my account, I can't modify anything (or at least the props page to add a coffee cup I found), and I can't see a way to contact anyone over there.  

Does anyone know the process for that?

If there is a getting started, I am really missing it on the front page?  The "Do you want to help?" section seems to infer I can dive in, but the Page Templates at the top, I can't find and even if I could, I am not sure I can make anything?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Moved to the Commons as it is not, per se, an offer of a freebie.  Trying to find Kerya to come talk to you.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Well, Rob dropped in on Miraheze and did some promotion on my account.  I will see if I can reply to that, and post updates here.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited February 2018

Hi everybody! You caught me the one day this calendar year that I actually have time to login to the forum here. (I've been busy indexing Chohole's texture freebies - that list is longer than Kerya's "free hair" list!)

We have a huge spammer problem on the Miraheze wiki right now, so only "confirmed" users can create new pages or add links. Since the wiki is all about the links, this is a bit of a problem... sad The workaround is to send me an email or leave a note on my wiki talk page - both of which anybody with a wiki account should be able to do - and I'll promote your account.

Sorry about needing to make people jump through hoops.

Post edited by robkelk on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Hi Rob,  nice to see you around.    Spammer problem, tell us about it.    They are getting really cute at getting through all sorts of levels of protection  

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646

Oh wow! another body!!! Thank you very much for the help 3DOutlaw at the Poser and Daz Studio Resources Wiki. I for one would like to hear from people. What they want to see to help them find that certain thing and of course how we can make it easier for editors to help make the wiki be accurate and useful.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

No problem, I may not be much help, but I'll try and remember to add links as I find them!  smiley

I would definitely recommend two things, based on a newbie experience o Miraheze:

1. Adding a link to the "Notes_for_new_editors" page on the front page, in the "Do You Want to Help?" section!  (maybe after or at the end of the first paragraph)
    2. Adding a note in there that if you do not see the "Edit" tab/link at the top of pages after validating your e-mail, your account may be waiting for Admin Approval.

These two things are what confused me trying to help, and though I decided to ask here, some others may just move on.