Looking for Conan the Barbarian for M4 or F4

I know there's a M4 barbarian here at Daz, but he doesn't look like the classic comic book Conan. I've done a little hunting for him, and although I've found plenty of props and clothes, I haven't found a really convincing head morph. 

Any and all help greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024

There is this.... the All Action Figure for M4 at Renderosity.. 

• mmitchell_houstonmmitchell_houston Posts: 2,472
    edited February 2018
    hacsart said:

I went over there and couldn't find it. Could you please tell me the vendor's name, or PM me a link?

UPDATE: I finally found the product you mentioned. That's a good morph (I did save it), but I'm not going for the movie Conan (this would be perfect if I were, since it's a morph of Ahnold S. himself). I may pick this up sometime. Thanks.

Anybody else have an idea for the comic book Conan?

Post edited by mmitchell_houston on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    hacsart said:

I went over there and couldn't find it. Could you please tell me the vendor's name, or PM me a link?

I highlighted the the All Action Figure for M4 at Renderosity and hit google search and it was the first link

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/all-action-hero-for-m4/97137

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,554

I always thought smay's The Last Gladiator had a Frazetta style Conan look about him.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited February 2018

Also try SAV's store at Rendo. She did a lot of actor-inspired morphs. Most of them were gen4. Maybe Atlas? Gypsy Angel has done a number of male characters which would make decent barbarians. 

If it's based on M4 you can dial in a bit of the Freak to make him bulkier.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • Sort of a comic based one here https://www.daz3d.com/m4-warrior for M4

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914
    edited February 2018

I know there's a M4 barbarian here at Daz, but he doesn't look like the classic comic book Conan. I've done a little hunting for him, and although I've found plenty of props and clothes, I haven't found a really convincing head morph. 

Or I could dial one up for ya!...Oh yeah, Ernie Chan or John Buscema?

I always thought smay's The Last Gladiator had a Frazetta style Conan look about him.

Less Frazetta, more Micky Rourke from Sin City...

! CONAN_1.jpg
    868 x 755 - 128K
    display_469495.jpg
    700 x 700 - 67K
    ! THE CIMMERIAN_(TEST) 3.jpg
    867 x 759 - 206K
    Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • I know there's a M4 barbarian here at Daz, but he doesn't look like the classic comic book Conan. I've done a little hunting for him, and although I've found plenty of props and clothes, I haven't found a really convincing head morph. 

Or I could dial one up for ya!...Oh yeah, Ernie Chan or John Buscema?

I always thought smay's The Last Gladiator had a Frazetta style Conan look about him.

Less Frazetta, more Micky Rourke from Sin City...

John Buscema, of course! Hmmm. I had to look past the textures at the underlying geometry, andyou may be right. Of course, the body won't do at all. Still, something to think about.

• This one is pretty close to what I'm looking for. Where did you get this, or did you make it?

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,749
    edited February 2018

but I'm not going for the movie Conan (this would be perfect if I were, 
    since it's a morph of Ahnold S. himself)."

Alhough you are not looking for the movie version,
    I could not resist the challenge.
    The legacy DAZ Freak3 with the free "Barnold" morph
    and the old "Barbarian for the Daz Freak" Set, Poser5 era

conan F3.jpg
    500 x 696 - 102K
    Post edited by wolf359 on
  • GreycatGreycat Posts: 332

You may be think of Warload: M3 Barbarian which is no longer available.

edited February 2018

Here's a Conan inspired work I did a ways back..

conan_crypt_3.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Post edited by hacsart on
    edited February 2018

This one is pretty close to what I'm looking for. Where did you get this, or did you make it?

Heh, Been a Fraz-head for many, many decades, also a big fan of Chan/Buscema as Buscema was the closest to Frazetta without being Frazetta! wink 

But yeah, those are my morphs, it's incredibly rare to see an actual depiction of Conan aside from the overwhelming glut of Arnie/movie versions that infests the poser/Daz world!...So I'll be more than happy to dial some morphs for you as it's all too rare to find a Frazetta/Buscema version nowadays!

Ok, here's a couple of renders of my Conan character for M4...

! THE CIMMERIAN 1.jpg
    1440 x 834 - 334K
    M4 CONAN 1.png
    680 x 725 - 514K
    M4 CONAN 2.png
    680 x 725 - 290K
  • mmitchell_houstonmmitchell_houston Posts: 2,472
    edited February 2018

This one is pretty close to what I'm looking for. Where did you get this, or did you make it?

Heh, Been a Fraz-head for many, many decades, also a big fan of Chan/Buscema as Buscema was the closest to Frazetta without being Frazetta! wink 

But yeah, those are my morphs, it's incredibly rare to see an actual depiction of Conan aside from the overwhelming glut of Arnie/movie versions that infests the poser/Daz world!...So I'll be more than happy to dial some morphs for you as it's all too rare to find a Frazetta/Buscema version nowadays!

I know how you feel! I like the movie well enough, but I'm a big fan of the Buscema/Chan versions (also like a lot of the other artists who graced the Savage Sword of Conan magazine over the years). Right now I'm trying to improve my art by reading (and studying) my old SSoC comics (poor me, huh? Best "homework" I've ever had!), with an eye for composition and pacing. And, of course, that's bitten me with the bug to try my hand at a few Conan pin-ups of my own. Any help you could provide with getting the face right will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Post edited by mmitchell_houston on
    edited February 2018

I know how you feel! I like the movie well enough, but I'm a big fan of the Buscema/Chan versions (also like a lot of the other artists who graced the Savage Sword of Conan magazine over the years). Right now I'm trying to improve my art by reading (and studying) my old SSoC comics (poor me, huh? Best "homework" I've ever had!), with an eye for composition and pacing. And, of course, that's bitten me with the bug to try my hand at a few Conan pin-ups of my own. Any help you could provide with getting the face right will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Great to hear, the fact that John Milius passed on Frazetta as a consultant for the film has always left a bad taste in my mouth! (Particularly with the sequels!) Yeah, Frazetta is my default and second comes JB, then Chan, although Frazetta himself was an amazing comic book artist in his own right, he and Buscema are peers in my book, though I love Chan's inking as well! I take it you like the rendered version then? If so, I'll have it to you in a jiffy!

• This one is pretty close to what I'm looking for. Where did you get this, or did you make it?

Great to hear, the fact that John Milius passed on Frazetta as a consultant for the film has always left a bad taste in my mouth! (Particularly with the sequels!) Yeah, Frazetta is my default and second comes JB, then Chan, although Frazetta himself was an amazing comic book artist in his own right, he and Buscema are peers in my book, though I love Chan's inking as well! I take it you like the rendered version then? If so, I'll have it to you in a jiffy!

Good sir, I LOVE the rendered versions you posted! I'm experimenting with using Poser to generate line art and am itching for the chance to try my hand at Conan. If you send that my way, I'll toss in a prayer to Mitra in thanks (I would offer one to Crom, but we know he sits brooding on his mountain and cares little for the affairs of men).

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2018

This is a cool thread. I grew up on Conan comics/graphic novels and this thread made me go to Comixology and get some Conan and Red Sonja reads and then I got inspired and created my own Conan based on GM3. Here is a WIP image

conanwip.jpg
    1124 x 870 - 1M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on

This is a cool thread. I grew up on Conan comics/graphic novels and this thread made me go to Comixology and get some Conan and Red Sonja reads and then I got inspired and created my own Conan based on GM3. Here is a WIP image

NICE, looks like Conan at 16 as he was a bad-a55 even at that young age!

edited February 2018

Good sir, I LOVE the rendered versions you posted! I'm experimenting with using Poser to generate line art and am itching for the chance to try my hand at Conan. If you send that my way, I'll toss in a prayer to Mitra in thanks (I would offer one to Crom, but we know he sits brooding on his mountain and cares little for the affairs of men).

Great! I'm overjoyed, I'll make a FBM by running it through Zbrush as we don't want Daz hunting us down! ;)

Here's a quick G3 Cimmarian render...

G3 CONAN.jpg
    900 x 540 - 327K
  • sonorasonora38sonorasonora38 Posts: 9
    edited May 2022

wolf359 said:

but I'm not going for the movie Conan (this would be perfect if I were, 
    since it's a morph of Ahnold S. himself)."

Alhough you are not looking for the movie version,
    I could not resist the challenge.
    The legacy DAZ Freak3 with the free "Barnold" morph
    and the old "Barbarian for the Daz Freak" Set, Poser5 era

hey got a link to this morph or any other freebies? cant find it anywere and im trying to collect and preserve most of them^^

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited May 2022

This was my Conan fan art from a ways back.. I need to revisit some Conan art..

king_conan_throneroom_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    king_conan_throneroom_4.jpg
    1680 x 1680 - 2M
    Post edited by hacsart on
  • shlomi laszloshlomi laszlo Posts: 250

this is m4 in carrara

the barbarian1.png
    1440 x 1080 - 2M
  • MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 219

A couple of Conan pics using Freek 4 with the Maxwell skin (from Mortem Vetus at Rendo) and the Barbarian King Armour here at Daz - https://www.daz3d.com/barbarian-king

Hope the pics post ok - my first attempt at posting pics!

Freak 4 Maxwell Barbarian King.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Freak 4 Maxwell Barbarian.png
    1500 x 2100 - 4M
  • mmitchell_houston said:

Frazetta has been my hero for ages. The impact he had on artists is/was enormous.  I can't tell you where to find Conan on Daz but I used a legacy actor from iClone in my comics and a lot of kitbashing from Daz and various sources. Just a suggestion : any Daz muscled male will do. It's the "stance" and environment that are important. Frazetta did Conan from the back more times than he did from the front. In fact, Conan's appearance changes from image to image in Frazetta's work. Just saying.

18.jpg
    1000 x 1294 - 1M
  • StoicStoic Posts: 131
    edited June 2022

I always thought Deus Eris had the classic look of Conan.

https://www.daz3d.com/deus-eris-for-m4

Post edited by Stoic on