Alicia's Wonderland

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,697

@Worlds_Edge and @IceDragonArt Thanks! And re: postwork, I remember once I had like 40 versions of the same thing and sized them small enough so they could all fit on my 27" monitor and then spent hours eliminating them one by one until I finally had the version I liked best. (And still wasn't sure LOL.) Or sometimes I have to walk away or go to sleep and come back to look with fresh eyes. I waste a lot of time postworking art that no one will ever see! But I save them all on external hard drives, just in case I change my mind later... I think I'm an art hoarder LOL. I don't even want to tell you how many external hard drives I have! 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Lol!  Well, I've got plenty that don't see the light of day either.  They are all in a folder called. stuff to work on again lol.

I only have one external for the pc and one for the laptop but I can easily see more in my future!

edited February 2018

Another one, that I'm doing several versions of...  And I keep going back and forth from sexy pin-up stuff to cute fairies. I wonder what that says about me LOL...

Crouching-Tiger-by-Alicia_Hollinger.jpg
    733 x 1008 - 913K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
    edited February 2018

I really fit my sign, Gemini! A dual nature. Back and forth from sexy pin-ups to cute fairies...  This one started because someone in the forums asked about Bridget Hair, an older hair model that was in Fast Grab and they wanted to know how it would look in IRay. After a few people posted renders, I think they decided to pass. But I think it game out pretty well, but of course I did postwork, but not really to fix it, just to add highlights. I think it works fine in IRay. And this was the V4 version.

Woodland-Fairy-by-Alicia_Hollinger.jpg
    864 x 1152 - 1015K

Another one, that I'm doing several versions of...  And I keep going back and forth from sexy pin-up stuff to cute fairies. I wonder what that says about me LOL...

It says that you are a multi faceted person lol!  LOVE this one!

I really fit my sign, Gemini! A dual nature. Back and forth from sexy pin-ups to cute fairies...  This one started because someone in the forums asked about Bridget Hair, an older hair model that was in Fast Grab and they wanted to know how it would look in IRay. After a few people posted renders, I think they decided to pass. But I think it game out pretty well, but of course I did postwork, but not really to fix it, just to add highlights. I think it works fine in IRay. And this was the V4 version.

This is super cute, what dress is that? It looks great on her.

And its really funny you should say that, I'm a Gemini as well lol. 

@IceDragonArt It is this: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-free-spirit-outfit-for-genesis-8-female-s

You can use it without dforce. I still haven't attempted it!

What day? I'm May 28th. Do you have opposite sides too?

edited February 2018

I might have gone a little crazy with postwork on this one....

The-Crossing-by-Alicia_Hollinger.jpg
    785 x 1008 - 897K
    edited February 2018

Finally getting to do postwork on a bunch of renders I did on my laptop in bed when sick with the flu... laugh

Hot-Pirate-Full-by-Alicia_Hollinger.jpg
    864 x 1152 - 1M
    edited February 2018

I'm loving this character CB Thyme for G3! I made a few small alterations, but she has a really interesting face. Postwork on my iPad again LOL. I may end up doing another version, being the postwork addict I am...

IMG_4671.JPG
    776 x 1200 - 229K
    IMG_4680.JPG
    776 x 1200 - 215K
    edited February 2018

And two more artier versions...

IMG_4676.JPG
    736 x 1049 - 201K
    IMG_4678.JPG
    776 x 1200 - 248K

@IceDragonArt It is this: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-free-spirit-outfit-for-genesis-8-female-s

You can use it without dforce. I still haven't attempted it!

What day? I'm May 28th. Do you have opposite sides too?

Thanks!

June 11th, and I definitely have opposite sides.  Just ask my husband lol!

That's why fantasy is so fun.  You can do a ton of different stuff and it still works because it doesn't have to be 100% "real"  I really like this.

And your portraits are amazing!

That's why fantasy is so fun.  You can do a ton of different stuff and it still works because it doesn't have to be 100% "real"  I really like this.

And your portraits are amazing!

Thanks @IceDragonArt laugh I think I'm addicted to postwork, LOL, I can't stop!

edited February 2018

While something is rendering, I'm amusing myself with iPad effects & postwork LOL. For some reason, I really like this CB Thyme character! 

IMG_4688.JPG
    776 x 1200 - 160K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You really do amazing things with your Post work!!!

I say you can never do too much post work!!

edited February 2018

You really do amazing things with your Post work!!!

I say you can never do too much post work!!

Thanks @Saphirewild laugh I really have a hard time deciding which one I like best! I can do postwork for hours! 

I think this is the last one of this series! I hope it is, anyway! 

The irony is, that I wait forever for it to fully render, then I make it grainy in post LOL!

IMG_4691.JPG
    736 x 1049 - 589K

There's a Light...

In the velvet darkness of the blackest night
    Burning bright, there's a guiding star
    No matter what or who, who you are

There's a light...

--Rocky Horror Picture Show

i13 HQ Hoodie for G3, Nita Hair (with postwork)

edited February 2018

Cancelled Plans

Kylie for Alexandra with some alterations, the top from the pantsuit with knit textures, a skirt from a different outfit (can't remember which one, sorry!) retextured and Tammy Hair with a little hair painting in post...

I really like Kiley, an original character!

Cancelled-Plans-by-Alicia_Hollinger.jpg
    864 x 1152 - 740K
    edited March 2018

Back to my more comic-booky style...

FWHP Ayako, Cady Hair, Night Spy Outfit, Hover bike, Sci-fi HDRI (some of them are really pixelated--going to contact tech support! And you definitely have to add your own lights, not much od a light source...)

Flying-Through-Galaxies-Alicia_Hollinger-4.jpg
    792 x 1008 - 651K
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142
    edited March 2018

Wow, that looks really great!  The flying hair gives it a dynamic feel and I love the colors.  Would make a great book cover.

Post edited by Worlds_Edge on

Wow, that looks really great!  The flying hair gives it a dynamic feel and I love the colors.  Would make a great book cover.

Thanks! I do bookcovers, comic book covers & movie posters... laugh

edited March 2018

OK, so everything is covered here, even without the watermark. If you think you see skin you shouldn't, it's your imagination LOL...

Essenze bath & OOT Updo Hair

Relaxing-in-the-Bath-BW-Alicia_Hollinger.jpg
    864 x 1152 - 838K

I always love coming to your thread and catching up.  Stunning images as always! 

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

The black and white image is fantastic, very photoreal. My only suggestion is to try it without the far vase. In black and white the tone closely matches the color of her bun as it rolls into shadow giving the impression of what we say in the photography world as "growing out the back of the head" 

I also really love your adorable fairy and was not that impressed with the dforce dress, until now, and my wishlist grows longer. lol 

Thanks, @IceDragonArt and @deathbycanon! I also have color versions of the same scene, all slightly different, not sure which I like best. I see what you mean about the vase growing out of her head LOL. Hopefully in the color version, it doesn't look as bad! 

edited March 2018

My St. Patrick's Day card...  Riza with some other morphs, Pascale Hair, Bar Maid Outfit, played with different shaders, Photoshop...

St-Patrick's-Day-2018-by-Alicia_Hollinger-2.jpg
    848 x 1152 - 1023K
    edited March 2018

I've been going over some of my old work in Poser with V4 and updating the postwork...

Masqurade-by-Alicia_Hollinger.jpg
    882 x 1152 - 725K
  • WandererWanderer Posts: 956

THAT is so totally obvious it isn't funny. Man, your work is awesome. Your thread here inspired my own. Do you have advice on how you developed so much skill in post-work? I want my work to be more like yours, but I have no idea where to even begin. 

edited March 2018
    Wanderer said:

THAT is so totally obvious it isn't funny. Man, your work is awesome. Your thread here inspired my own. Do you have advice on how you developed so much skill in post-work? I want my work to be more like yours, but I have no idea where to even begin. 

Thanks! laugh Well, I started with Photoshop way before 3D rendering and to be honest, I just played with it! Never opened a manual, just tried a bunch of stuff. As a kid, I drew and painted, so that's helpful when doing non-realistic art, because you're basically painting over the render. But I also use ON1 and Topaz filters, sometimes even iPad filters! I just recently have been playing with color theory after someone at Comic-Con suggested it, having altering purple and orange, yellow and blue and green and yellow. The movie poster for Thor was amazing and had a lot of that. I've been redoing the postwork on some older renders.

Here's one where I added some color theory to this. I'm still far from an expert at that and still learning. Watching other people do their art on YouTube can be helpful too. Everyone has their own techniques and you can always pick up something new!

So this is one that I totally revamped the postwork on. I think I like it better than the original, although I like that one too, this version is more dramatic...

Portal-to-Atlantis-Pin-Up-by-Alicia_Hollinger.jpg
    922 x 1152 - 1M