what is the possibility of these two ideas possibly existing sometime?

how possible would it be to set up a system, likely in DIM and/or elsewhere that would allow the much easier installation/implementation of products which are not directly off the daz shop (such as products from the freebies category in forums, or other third party sites), i have tried numerous times (with various degrees of success) to get products i found online into my Daz studio, however because it involves a lot of file searching, and moving around various things (which some users may not understand well) and the possibility the stuff may not function or appear correctly due to the way they are placed in the files, i feel it would be nice to to have a system preferably on DIM and the other installation methods which allows a file to be dragged to it and it tries to sort the products correctly like it does with the products from the store, this way it would make the proccess easier and somewhat less wonky for everyone.

also, a implementation for DS i really wish was in existance would be a bridge (+ some sort of plugin or addon for blender itself to  make this work) to Blender for those who wish to create things and modify it in either program, without the glitchiness of exporting and importing between the two programs, a great number of people use both programs but its rather annoying how glitchy the programs can be when shifting between the two.  

Comments

• The Content Package Assistant can be used to prepare files for DIM, it isn't free but is in the store.

Once you have settings that work in DS you can sae a preset using the button next to the Custom name for the changed settings, which will then work for import and export (as lng as Blender uses the same settings). If you switch units in Blender you can always create multiple presets.

• I would kill for the ability to seamlessly transition Daz content into a more robust 3D modeling program without major compromises. We can't be the only ones!
  • Perhaps not, but there are few developers that want to do a complete bridge because they perceive an issue with content licensing that doesn't exist.
  • Perhaps not, but there are few developers that want to do a complete bridge because they perceive an issue with content licensing that doesn't exist.

Given the Daz to Maya plug-in product in the store, and the recent enhancements to FBX, I'm not sure that this is true on the daz side (if that's what you meant).

• Interesting, have there been recent enhancements to FBX? What are they?

• Interesting, have there been recent enhancements to FBX? What are they?

There have been a number of chnages, as I recall (they are in the Change Log) - the oen I was immediately thinking of is the option to create scripts for maya that will reestablish the links between transforms and JCMs.