Stonemason appreciation thread

Comments

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Mattymanx said:
    Couple of my older renders with Stefan's products.

...love the last one.

...here's one I meshtbashed long ago using his Deco Club, Cargo Doors and freebie Cylinder (as the keg taps) with a lot of bots.

..."where everybody knows your Serial Number...".

LOL

Love it!

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

I was too late to the party with this year's Stonemason contest. I started buying his products during March Madness, so maybe next year I'll take a shot at it. In the mean time I'm having a blast using these wonderful environments.

Now to the topic of this render. The other day I was watching a debate between doctors T. Colin Campbell and Eric Westman. It got me to thinking about my Paleolithic ancestors and what their diets were like. Humans haven't changed all that much in the past 50000 years, so I decided to do a portrait of a Paleolithic youth from some time before the agricultural revolution.

The products used are Stonemason's 'Return to the Enchanted Forest,' YT Justin with MaleM3dia's morphs, Ashley textures for M5 by JS Graphics, Jordan Hair by AprilYSH, and Jungle Majesty by Sickleyield. I think that's everything. ;)

"Portrait of Paleolithic Youth"

forestboy.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 663K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...very very nice.

Yeah missed out too as I was in the midst of setting up, testing and installing everything on the new workstation. Hope to see you in the next one.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Oldie but goodie! Although I'm afraid I didn't show Urban Future at its best angle here, I'm still happy with how it came out. My latest PCI entry, shot in DS4.5Pro, rendered in LuxRender (via Luxus), postwork in GIMP. Also up in my deviantART gallery here.

Midnight Silk: Drop in the Bucket

PCI20130514-MidnightSilkDropBucket-x2000.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

...I think it looks perfect.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,389
    edited December 1969

This is a render I just finished.

Stonemason's Enchanted Forest
    Orestes's Realm of Krystilium
    Lantios Core Light set 3
    AoA atmospheric effects

Used the photoshop bridge to edit some textures on the crystals to give them a more purple hue. Used heavy fog preset then changed the color of the fog and the depth as well. For those who have played Final Fantasy XI online, this scene was inspired by an area called The Sanctuary of Zi-tah.

After examining the image however I realize I could have added a few extra touches to really bring it alive, such as volumetric lights and some depth of field.

zi-tah.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Oldie but goodie! Although I'm afraid I didn't show Urban Future at its best angle here, I'm still happy with how it came out . . .
    ...I think it looks perfect.

Thanks!

. . . After examining the image however I realize I could have added a few extra touches to really bring it alive, such as volumetric lights and some depth of field.
    Possibly, they both have certain advantages -- no reason not to try again if you really want 'em. But it's a pretty shot regardless.
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Here's Back Alley used in two different pictures. pretty much used the same section in both pictures.

And just for the heck of it here is the floater bot turned bunny bot.

bunnybotmalljpg.jpg
    1404 x 1498 - 343K
    for_a_few_credsticks_more_finished_jpg.jpg
    1404 x 900 - 484K
    One_more_soul_to_the_call_jpg.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 451K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

One of my oldies....

Prolog-000.png
    1139 x 729 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Here's Back Alley used in two different pictures. pretty much used the same section in both pictures.

And just for the heck of it here is the floater bot turned bunny bot.

...love the Bunny Bot.
    edited December 1969

...while the new Urban Sprawl 3 is in the works, here's a favoruite oldie of mine using the original.

Metropolitan_Veranda_by_KyotoKid.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 637K
  • daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Very nice work, Kyoto Kid! I've been busy with other projects lately that I've hardly had time to explore the myriad details in my Stonemason environments. I'll eventually get back to them...

edited December 1969

...thank you very much.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,299
    edited December 1969

Modular Ruins and The Devils Toy Box

Ogre1.jpg
    848 x 1199 - 238K
    edited December 1969

...nicely done.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,299
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...nicely done.

Thank you

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited June 2013

Holding to my promise

here are some of my latest peices

Edit to add: The Mech image was just a test using Uber Surface and the background was an after thought. The base renders can be seen here http://itiseyemeeszark.deviantart.com/#/art/Sentry-Base-Renders-379863419?_sid=5d81ed15 before and after UBer Surface just to show the diffrences.

Sentry_copy.jpg
    888 x 1240 - 538K
    LoveBots_copy.jpg
    1400 x 808 - 600K
    Post edited by Szark on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Those look great Pete!! BTW, I think I asked in another thread but don't remember which one (I know, mind's not what it used to be in my youth), but what is the second bot on the left in that first render? I have CamBot, but don't recognize the other.

edited December 1969

You did and I did post a link over on DL. [inserts pokey out tongue smiley} It is http://www.daz3d.com/kbot

edited December 1969

Oh I forgot to add. Plantet lava, great modeling as the lava lake is a whole separate mesh which made it so easy to turn the lava lake in to on big Area light, threw the texture map in to the Light Colour channel, colour bar set to full white. Set Fall END to 500.00, no Ambient at all used, the glow comes from the light. That was a mistake as I thought I had turned Ambeint on but somehow I missed turning it ON. Anyways for me it did what I wanted it to do and that was cool by me.

edited June 2013

Szark said:
    You did and I did post a link over on DL. [inserts pokey out tongue smiley} It is http://www.daz3d.com/kbot

:- P ~~~~~~~~~~~~ (darn I hate the broken smileys) OK, got it. Now that I see his "face" I recognize him. Just didn't recognize him from the back. ~ROFLMAO~

~trudges over to DL to check out the post~

Post edited by Miss B on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

Yes, it's easy to get in trouble using the wrong name when from behind...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:

Especially if its a guy with long blonde hair and you call him Patricia instead of Patrick

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Szark said:

:- P ~~~~~~~~~~~~ (darn I hate the broken smileys) OK, got it. Now that I see his "face" I recognize him. Just didn't recognize him from the back. ~ROFLMAO~

~trudges over to DL to check out the post~LOL Funny but it hurts when I laugh so stop it. :-P

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Gedd said:

Especially if its a guy with long blonde hair and you call him Patricia instead of Patrick go by the bum instead. ;-)

• The Vertex DoctorThe Vertex Doctor Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

What can you say about Stonemason that has not already been said? They are MUST buys for me along with one other artist's sets.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:

*blinks... blinks... dies from hysterically laughter*

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Miss B said:
    Szark said:

~trudges over to DL to check out the post~

LOL Funny but it hurts when I laugh so stop it.

Oh you're one to talk. I look forward to your comments because they give me my required laugh of the day. ~hee, hee, hee~

:-P
    ~LMAOROF~ That's what I saw when I typed that, so had to add the space before the "P".

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Gedd said:

Especially if its a guy with long blonde hair and you call him Patricia instead of Patrick
    Geeze, my sides hurt. ~LOL~

edited December 1969

Miss B said:

Oh you're one to talk. I look forward to your comments because they give me my required laugh of the day. ~hee, hee, hee~
    I never say anything funny intenionally. :- P