Hexagon x64

ProPoseProPose Posts: 520
edited February 2018 in Hexagon Discussion

Just installed the Hexagon 2.5.2.109, General Release! using the DIM

It (DIM) installed Hexagon to ...program files (x86)>DAZ3D>Hexagon2 and to ...Program Files>DAZ3D>Hexagon2.

Couple of Questions.

If I run Hexagon.exe from Program Files>DAZ3D>Hexagon2,  is Hexagon2 running in 64bit mode? (it works from this location)

If I run Hexagon.exe from Program Files (x86)>DAZ3D>Hexagon2  is there any difference if I run it fron the default location that the Shortcut that was created points to on my Desktop, which is the 32bit version?

Post edited by ProPose on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

Hexagon is not 64 bits, where you install it or run it from won't change that...

• Wondering if the original forum post meant to say 64-bit support was coming but not a part of this release. ???

• TenTen71 said:

Wondering if the original forum post meant to say 64-bit support was coming but not a part of this release. ???

It does say that, actually.

• ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375
    edited February 2018
    ProPose said:

Just installed the Hexagon 2.5.2.109, General Release! using the DIM

It (DIM) installed Hexagon to ...program files (x86)>DAZ3D>Hexagon2 and to ...Program Files>DAZ3D>Hexagon2.

Couple of Questions.

If I run Hexagon.exe from Program Files>DAZ3D>Hexagon2,  is Hexagon2 running in 64bit mode? (it works from this location)

If I run Hexagon.exe from Program Files (x86)>DAZ3D>Hexagon2  is there any difference if I run it fron the default location that the Shortcut that was created points to on my Desktop, which is the 32bit version?

Run Hexagon using the shortcut on your desktop. Ignore the rest. Maybe the 64-bit version will work better with the 64-bit version of DAZ Studio 4.10 bridge-wise? Just guessing. I don't use DAZ Studio. In future, 64-bit Hexagon will work with 64-bit plug-ins, and have access to larger model projects. For now, 64-bit Hexagon is pretty much throttled down. Another version of Hexagon is expected this quarter. Maybe then we'll know more about the progress for 64-bit.

Post edited by ShawnDriscoll on
  • It is not 64bit yet. Daz will announce when it is. If you don't believe me just fire up program. Hit Ctr Alt Del and look at Windows task Manager and under Processes if it has *32 after the program it is a 32bit program.

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited February 2018

Silver Dolphin is correct, the 64bit is not ready yet. The version we have now is 32 bit but is - 

• Large Address Aware (LAA) by default; still a 32-bit executable
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on