mcjWarp - sculpting plugin for DS 4.5 - PC/Win x32 / x64 version available

Comments

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Impressive work as always, Casual.

I'm sure you will be able to figure out how to get painting into Studio as well.

You keep going at this rate, and I will not have a need for any outside apps.

Thank you for all your hard work, and Genius coding.

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    Impressive work as always, Casual.

I'm sure you will be able to figure out how to get painting into Studio as well.

You keep going at this rate, and I will not have a need for any outside apps.

Thank you for all your hard work, and Genius coding.

thanks!

here's mcjWarp's "stamping mode"

painting is not extremely different than this

stamp.jpg
    1055 x 793 - 260K
  • Tempest!Tempest! Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Casual said:
    big news !!

mcjWarp, the version i gave you, already works on posed figures !

see below, i loaded the Genesis Journeyman pants, posed the figure, used mcjWarp to grow that bump

well how about that

i'll re-read my code and see how i did it, i thought it was based on the bone transforms (rotations, position, scale) but apparently it's .... oh ok i stop here

note: you must select the entire (root node) figure before creating the mcjWarp

To a layman that behavior seems consistent with how mcjWarp deals with dynamic clothing in DS3. For instance you can't use D-forms on dynamic clothing the same way you can for regular conforming items but instead you have to place them on a zeroed figure and adjust the d-former in relation to that (which I think corresponds to how they work with Genesis?). McjWarp on the other hand works perfectly well with posed dynamic items which makes it so very useful with them. Good to see it getting updated for DS4.5.

Just as a thought, how complicated would you think it would be to include a smoothing option (like a smooth brush in Blender and others) in mcjWarp? I could've used something like that sooo many times.

Anyways, thanks again for keeping at it. Your stuff is making such a big difference on the usability of DS and is much appreciated! :)

edited April 2013

Tempest! said:
    To a layman that behavior seems consistent with how mcjWarp deals with dynamic clothing in DS3. For instance you can't use D-forms on dynamic clothing the same way you can for regular conforming items but instead you have to place them on a zeroed figure and adjust the d-former in relation to that (which I think corresponds to how they work with Genesis?). McjWarp on the other hand works perfectly well with posed dynamic items which makes it so very useful with them. Good to see it getting updated for DS4.5.

Just as a thought, how complicated would you think it would be to include a smoothing option (like a smooth brush in Blender and others) in mcjWarp? I could've used something like that sooo many times.

Anyways, thanks again for keeping at it. Your stuff is making such a big difference on the usability of DS and is much appreciated! :)

i agree smoothing would be useful, maybe i'll work on that later

the thing is, i will need to build a proximity map, so that a vertex position is influenced by the nearest neighbors

( i coded this once to be able to select strings of vertices , to generate the hems on the mcjA3Leo3i )

the plan for now it to make more tests to see if all of mcjWarp's functions still work in the DS4.5 version

then complete mcjLattice

then make the 3d-painting plugin or add it to mcjWarp .... very tempting to jump to that project :)

Post edited by mCasual on
  • Tempest!Tempest! Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Cool! No pressure... :)

edited December 1969

mcjWarp for DS4.5 -- testing the "replace" mode with a ( displacement ) map "chisel"

subD'ed in Blender, rendered with Cycles

yupup.jpg
    800 x 450 - 74K
    edited December 1969

mcjWarp for DS4.5—testing the ability to create multiple morph channels

moip.gif
    480 x 360 - 214K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Totally cool.

On Blender. I've finally caved and am beginning to learn how to use Blender. Have my SuperSuit in there right now trying to figure out how to actually fill holes or create a Concentric Circle mesh where the breasts would be so things stretch more appropriately. If you know of good tutorials on how to use Blender for building mesh please let me know, you can PM me if you want. Got Blender set up the way I like with rotate and pan views assigned to keys and mouse strokes I like. IT's come along way from just a year or so ago! Tired of Hexagon crashing and Silo being basically "abandonware"

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I loose internet for the day (late bill, arrrrrrg) and this is released! WOOT thank you thank you THANK you!!!!!!

If you do not see or hear from me in a week, you'll know i'm busily warping eveyrhing :D

edited December 1969

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I loose internet for the day (late bill, arrrrrrg) and this is released! WOOT thank you thank you THANK you!!!!!!

If you do not see or hear from me in a week, you'll know i'm busily warping eveyrhing :D

i was happy to see i didn't have a lot of coding work to do !

so far i made many tests and all seems to be working :)

edited April 2013

RAMWolff said:
    Totally cool.

On Blender. I've finally caved and am beginning to learn how to use Blender. Have my SuperSuit in there right now trying to figure out how to actually fill holes or create a Concentric Circle mesh where the breasts would be so things stretch more appropriately. If you know of good tutorials on how to use Blender for building mesh please let me know, you can PM me if you want. Got Blender set up the way I like with rotate and pan views assigned to keys and mouse strokes I like. IT's come along way from just a year or so ago! Tired of Hexagon crashing and Silo being basically "abandonware"

in edit mode, edge selection mode you select the edges of the contour of the hole, you type F ( same as Mesh/Edit/Make EdgeFace )
    then you select that face, use E to extrude a face, [Esc] to leave the extruded face where it is, S to scale the extruded face , repeat ...
    etc etc

( shift-right-click to select more than one thing )

there was that Boston guy who made video tutorials about a ton of things, his blender videos were well made, not sure if he updated them for the new Blender

https://www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston?feature=

edited April 2013

also now that i remember it i want to create a Kinect-to-DS interface, possibly with OSCeleton
    see i recorded this using my kinect and mmd

mmd002.gif
    175 x 200 - 653K
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much. It would be so cool to have a bridge between DS and Blender! :-)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Thanks so much. It would be so cool to have a bridge between DS and Blender! :-)

well mcjTeleBlender is a bit like a one-way bridge to Blender

201202031633_bluefur.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 79K
  • fairyfantasticfairyfantastic Posts: 116
    edited December 1969

casual do u have a manual on how to use the warp please

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
    edited December 1969

I could just kiss you casual, thank you for all your hard work, carry on dear and improve the world of 3d and guarantee when you make your own 3d program for either rendering or modeling or texturing, or all three wouldn't hurt my feelers a bit, I'll be there to test if you need me

Blessed Be
    MW

edited December 1969

fairy_37 said:
    casual do u have a manual on how to use the warp please

for now the manual (web page ) is the same as the manual for the old version (for DS3 )

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/mcjwarp-plugin-for-ds3-pc

---

today i'll probably copy it over to the mcjWarp for DS4.5 page and attach a copy of it in PDF format

marketing600.jpg
    600 x 318 - 35K
  • DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Hey Casual,

Just wanted to give you some feedback...

I only did some testing on creating morph target wrinkles for a shirt for Genesis. It seems to be working the same as in DS3, but I did notice a couple of things. Testing done in DSPro 4.5.1.56 32-bit.

1. If you change the size (via mcjWarp controls), and reload the control tab at a later time, the size defaults back to 1.0 size in view-port, but the parameter remains where you left it. Easy work-around is to reset the parameter back to 1.0, and then adjust the sizing back to where I want it.

2. If you want to save your morph via OBJ export to be later added via Morph Loader Pro, DS will export the ViewTool along with it, and thus negating the MT due to #3 below (please see #3 below).

3. After turning off ViewTool in the Parameters Tab it will automatically re-enable itself (turn back on/visible) anytime you hover mouse over view-port. Thus, including itself in MT exports unless one takes absolute care to avoid view-port when trying to export, and going from saving pop-up tabs.

I find two other work-arounds work fine in lieu of OBJ export:

1. Change "Warp" parameter internal to whatever you wish your morph to be named, save as morph target asset, and then rename the Warp parameter back to it's default to continue onto the next morph. Repeat as needed.

2. Load up a second identical mesh fit to mesh you are creating morph for. Next, dial Warp to 0.00, then back to 1.00. Then, Select second mesh, and change the parameters to what you want for the MT. Last, save as morph target asset.

Thanks again for getting it working for DS4. It has many uses that will alleviate the need to export to external for some quick work. Great job!

edited April 2013

DaremoK3 said:

. . . size parameter ..... DS will export the ViewTool ... ViewTool re-enables itself ... save as morph target asset ... second identical mesh!

thanks for all this ! i will fix mcjWarp this week

mouse handling changed in DS4.5,
    in DS3 the plugin wasn't told about mouse movements when the tool was not in use
    so it didn't see the need to make the wand/target visible

today i want to finish the mcjJet ( fairy dust effect ) update

this week, i'll get back to mcjLattice, 1x4 (tube) lattices will be very useful for clothes/hair modeling/animation

---------
    an old test image from 2010
    Amy in warpedland
    ... oops it's from 2012 i think it was done while making mcjSuperLathe
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1785/

AmyInWarpedland.png
    1024 x 768 - 151K
    edited December 1969

───────────────────────────────────────────
    * Update ** Update ** Update ** Update ** Update ** Update ** Update *
    ───────────────────────────────────────────
    the previous version of mcjWarp forced the brush/plane/target thing to be visible anytime the mouse was moving

( this was not a problem in the Daz Studio3 version )

the new version makes the brush/plane/target thing visible when you activate the mcjWarp ViewTool and makes it invisible when you exit the mcjWarp ViewTool

edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:

.... size defaults back to 1.0 size in view-port
    .... DS will export the ViewTool along with it
    ,... automatically re-enable itself

with the new mcjWarp update, the tool should become visible
    when you activate the viewTool and become invisible when you turn it off

( and you'll be able to "manually" make it invisible when you want )

edited December 1969

Note about figure editing

---

if you deform a figure using mcjWarp

then move the figure or pose it differently, you'll notice the morph doesn't really follow the movement as expected

but if you save this scene, load it, the morph's behavior is now uhh civilized :)

edited December 1969

same thing happens when creating clothing. My SuperSuit didn't follow Genesis along very well until I saved it out and then deleted and reloaded and it was fine after that. Nature of the beast I guess.

edited May 2013

RAMWolff said:
    same thing happens when creating clothing. My SuperSuit didn't follow Genesis along very well until I saved it out and then deleted and reloaded and it was fine after that. Nature of the beast I guess.

the next version of mcjWarp wont have that problem, i found the reason while working on mcjLattice

the plugin was adding the morph (by default) at the very end of the list of steps needed to re-generate the figure

garca2.gif
    480 x 480 - 115K
  • assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A question.

I'm wanting to make a plug-in to bridge gimp and daz.

What would I have to learn to make such a thing?

Figured I'd ask since you seem to make all these plug-ins

edited May 2013

A question.

I'm wanting to make a plug-in to bridge gimp and daz.

What would I have to learn to make such a thing?

Figured I'd ask since you seem to make all these plug-ins

as much as i can, i write scripts instead of plugins, it solves a lot of compatibility issues ( with Macs among others ).
    It's very similar to Javascript or C -- you can write and test them using the Daz Scripting IDE.
    almost all the scripts on my web site are published un-encrypted, so you could use then to learn.

some of my scripts, use the DzProcess objects to remotely launch applications and/or batch files,

it would be possible to write a script that orders Daz Studio to render a scene, and when it's done, launch Gimp
    which would open with the newly rendered image. I don't know much about Gimp, but i suspect you can automate some tasks and, maybe your Daz Studio Script could make Gimp process the given image using a complex filter or a gimp-script if such a thing exists.

to write plugins, you need to be proficient in C++, install Visual Studio (Express is free ), and install the
    Daz Studio Plugins SDK ( it's in the Daz3D store and costs $0. It contains a few examples which you can modify to suit your needs.

if you take my Compoz script ( written with the help of Neon22 ) you can see an example of a Daz Script which uses the freeware image processing suite "ImageMagick" https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/compoz-for-ds2. It's quite powerful and could probably do what you intend.

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,671
    edited May 2013

Great work as ever Casual.

Post edited by Crios on
    edited December 1969

Well...I"m not really sure what I'm doing.

There's the plug-in thingy for daz that bridges with Photoshop that had me looking for someone to try and make something like it, but couldn't. So decided to try and teach myself whatever I needed to do

edited December 1969

Maybe I put the plug-in in the wrong place..or something

The wrap button thingy isn't showing up. i downloaded the 32x and it's in with my 32x version of daz, inside the plugin folder...have no idea why it's not showing up

edited May 2013

Maybe I put the plug-in in the wrong place..or something

The wrap button thingy isn't showing up. i downloaded the 32x and it's in with my 32x version of daz, inside the plugin folder...have no idea why it's not showing up

on my PC Windows 7 64 bit

the plugins folder for the 32 bit Daz Studio 4.5 is

C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio432bit\plugins
    the default installations are probably
    C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins
    on a 32 bit windows XP it was
    C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

so the dll file named mcjWarpDS45x32.dll must be in there

but the zip file mcjWarp_DS45_32_bit.zip also contains a folder that needs to be in the plugins folder

the folder is named mcjWarp

it contains the images that are displayed as the crosshair / target / wand / brush

note that it's made for Daz Studio 4.5 and i didn't test it with Daz Studio 4.0 nor with Daz Studio 4.6