How to get photoshop bridge to work?

VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I think I have read every post on the subject and it still will not work for me.

Basically,
I am running win 7 ultimate 64bit English

Have DAZ 4.5.1.56 Pro Edition 64bit installed and registered

Plug-in: 3D Bridge
Author: DAZ 3D, Inc.
Version: 1.2.1.56

Adobe PS CS6 Extended 13.1.2 (32 and 64 bit)

I get the "Initialize Photoshop Bridge: option in DAZ and use it, it adds the bridge camera.
But when I go to PS and use File>Automate>DAZ Studio 3D Bridge command I get a msgbox with "Could not complete the DAZ Studio Bridge command because of a program error"

I even went as far as installing the 32bit DAZ 4.5 so that i could install the 32bit plugin but it is a no go.

I see people have got it working, but how?

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• burningchr0meburningchr0me Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

reesetimm said:

The only help that will come is if DAZ updates the plugin to work with 13.1.2.
    Someone tried complaining to adobe: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/cs6_64_bit_creative_cloud_updates_break_the_daz_studio_3d_bridge
    and there is a bug report filed https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=49405
    but no updates.

I installed 4.6 hoping it would fix this issue, but sadly it does not.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2013

I seem to always be one of the lucky ones that this works for me right out of the box, so I'll post my version numbers.

BOTH apps are ran in 64bit. That's one thing that I've noticed with the bridge. Both need to be ran in the same bit to work properly.

Daz 64bit ver 4.6.0.18
    Photoshop is CS6 Extended 64bit ver. 13.0.1
    Help > About Plugins > Daz Bridge > 1.3.0.18

I launch both Daz and PS before initiating the bridge. Initiate it on Daz, then on PS. Check that the 64bit plugin is installed to your Adobe Photoshop CS6 64bit > Plugins folder. Mine is in E:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\DAZ 3D.

Hope this helps.

/edit
    I've just checked my product library under my account, and the version number for bridge for DS 4.5+ is listed as 1.3.0.18. Your version appears to be outdated, and quite possibly the version for 4.0 and not 4.5+. Uninstall the bridge version you currently have, and download and install the updated version. You should find it under My Account > Product Library > filter and look for "bridge".

/edit 2
    I also just noticed the above post was a month old necro. Ah well, at least the info's here in case someone needs it. lol

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    I also just noticed the above post was a month old necro. Ah well, at least the info's here in case someone needs it. lol

I necro'd the thread because it still doesn't work with Photoshop 13.1.2 even with the "new" bridge version of 1.3.0.18. Just wanted to save some people some banging their head against the keyboard time.
    edited December 1969

13.1.2? Are you a cloud subscriber? If so, I have no idea how the bridge will work with cloud versions. My most up to date version is 13.0.18, but I'm using Extended.

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the updated info that it will not work in 4.6 either. That had been suggested when 4.6 was still in beta but I couldn't afford to take the time to test it once I got it working again.
    I am using the cloud PS and was able to get the previous working version back, now I just won't let it update to 13.1.2.
    Would be nice if the latest DS plugin worked with the latest PS.

edited December 1969

The problem is, the latest PS cloud version is only available to cloud subscribers, which not everybody is. There would need to be 2 versions maintained- one to keep up with the cloud version, and another one for the standalone purchased version.

edited December 1969

reesetimm said:
    Thanks for the updated info that it will not work in 4.6 either. That had been suggested when 4.6 was still in beta but I couldn't afford to take the time to test it once I got it working again.
    I am using the cloud PS and was able to get the previous working version back, now I just won't let it update to 13.1.2.
    Would be nice if the latest DS plugin worked with the latest PS.

Maybe you could explain how you got the old version back? I didn't see a way to do it, but I didn't look very hard yet. I was hoping it would get fixed with the 4.6 update.

I didn't realize that the 13.1.2 was a cloud-only thing. Well, at least DAZ now knows that their plug-in is definitely going to break whenever Adobe releases those changes to everyone else.

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

To get the old version of PS back I had to uninstall PS then use the cloud installer to install it again. It installed the old version for me.

• azkarragoazkarrago Posts: 0
    Vanguard said:

I think I have read every post on the subject and it still will not work for me.

Basically,
    I am running win 7 ultimate 64bit English

Have DAZ 4.5.1.56 Pro Edition 64bit installed and registered

Plug-in: 3D Bridge
    Author: DAZ 3D, Inc.
    Version: 1.2.1.56

Adobe PS CS6 Extended 13.1.2 (32 and 64 bit)

I get the "Initialize Photoshop Bridge: option in DAZ and use it, it adds the bridge camera.
    But when I go to PS and use File>Automate>DAZ Studio 3D Bridge command I get a msgbox with "Could not complete the DAZ Studio Bridge command because of a program error"

I even went as far as installing the 32bit DAZ 4.5 so that i could install the 32bit plugin but it is a no go.

I see people have got it working, but how?

Thanks for you dedications.... im lost in process now but i following the instruction ...

sorry dont speak english ...no informatic ...try to learn and follow and share  your program

Greetings