Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Rendering her in Luxrender ...

Credits:
    A3 Faeryl - Thorne, Sarsa
    Starlight Updo _ Anton Kisiel
    Starlight Updo Textures - RamWolff (added Luxmaterial Velvet)
    Nymph Dress - Mada, Thorne, Sarsa
    Ivory for Nymph Dress - Winter200
    Background - Aerysoul (with White Matte Luxmaterial - colour changed by me)
    Area Lights that are coming with Luxus - SphericLabs

a3nymph08.jpg
    600 x 800 - 72K
  • EthinEthin Posts: 973
    edited December 1969

Whoa, I must I have stopped receiving notifications.

@ nitehawk_ltd. Nice!

@ Kerya. Gorgeous work. :)

Here's my latest.

LuckyPunkTest004_pic.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 429K
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited April 2013

Is it St Patrick's Day already? <(`_`)...</p>

... very nice Ethin and Kerya! (^_^)d.

Post edited by M F M on
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

This is my latest experiment with Aiko3 - I've been trying to make a good, useable morph of Laura 3's head to Aiko's body - mostly so I can use Oshikai's excellent Retro Skirt with the Starfleet textures, but I confess I'm not that interested in making all of my Trek pix with anime characters. Since I haven't been able to locate PhilC's ShapeShifter script, which is supposed ot allow -head swapping' among Unimesh characters, I had to cook this one myself. It's still not perfect - but it's useful :-).

Laiko_Reaching001a.jpg
    1700 x 1320 - 482K
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    ... Since I haven't been able to locate PhilC's ShapeShifter script, ...

Nor have I, but I do know you can get in touch with PhilC here: http://www.philc.net/email.php

It doesn't hurt to ask...

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Already did ;). And you're right ...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...OK this was nearly four years in waiting.

Tried this scene (albeit with the original Urban Sprawl and LDP2) on my old system. Love the character, but that hair would not render, usually resulting in a memory out of bounds crash. So the idea was shelved as one of the many "unrenderable" scenes I had.

Now with the new workstation up and running I thought I would have another go at it.

While the Render didn't crash, it still got stuck on the hair because of all the transmaps (I wonder how anyone could have rendered this in the 32 bit days) So went back & turned off occlusion & ray tracing on the hair (something I couldn't do back then as Ubersuface was a separate plugin and almost anything with the "Uber" prefix was more than my old system could handle).

So after a long wait finally here is my "Mentha in the Big City"

AIko3
    Mentha Piperata
    Mentha Clothes (top & jewelry)
    Hippie Chick for Aiko3 (jeans)
    Urban Sprawl 2
    Pickup Dred
    Bus Pegasus
    LB Palm Trees
    Cloud9
    Fog Camera.

mentha_in_the_city.jpg
    900 x 675 - 479K
    edited December 1969

Cute Flower Girl!

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

Ethin said:
    @ robkelk: Thanks for the "Hiro3 Free Resources List" :)

Some thing new, made with lots of old. :coolsmile:

What did ya use? I am very impressed. :D

edited December 1969

...nice to see this still going. Will have another to post but have to wait until a challenge I submitted it to is over.

Just because 4.5 is the "latest and greatest" doesn't mean AIko3 needs to retire. She is still the cutest of them all. (and I just found my DL of the original Aiko Anime Girl and installed her)

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574
    edited December 1969

The one derived from the Michael 2 and Stephanie (no "Petite" following) meshes? That IS legacy material! That particular figure just never really "took off" and very little content (ie clothing) was made for her. But she had one feature that was not employed within the vastly popular A3, a teeth smoothing morph. It did exactly what the term implies, it smoothed the polygons of her upper and lower teeth to create a kind of slim "mouth-guard" effect, a bit of illustrative economy used in comics, both western and Asian to save time.

I really wished something similar had been made for A3, either by DAZ or anyone else and I stated such a couple of time in the old forums "product wishlist". Alas, no one ever accepted the challenge.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited December 1969

...I know. 3DU does it for a lot of their characters.

...and I think Hitomi has it.

One would think it wouldn't be that difficult.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    The one derived from the Michael 2 and Stephanie (no "Petite" following) meshes? That IS legacy material! That particular figure just never really "took off" and very little content (ie clothing) was made for her. But she had one feature that was not employed within the vastly popular A3, a teeth smoothing morph. It did exactly what the term implies, it smoothed the polygons of her upper and lower teeth to create a kind of slim "mouth-guard" effect, a bit of illustrative economy used in comics, both western and Asian to save time.

I really wished something similar had been made for A3, either by DAZ or anyone else and I stated such a couple of time in the old forums "product wishlist". Alas, no one ever accepted the challenge.

Sincerely,

Bill

just use Toon Teeth - http://www.daz3d.com/toon-teeth

You'll have to make manual adjustments to make them fit but its not hard and it works.

edited December 1969

Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

I don't know whether it works, as I never tried ... but:
    If you spin the "upperteethsharp" (or whatever it's called) morph for A3 with a negative value, it'll cause the teeth to become a solid block. That might work for your needs. The same can be done with the lower teeth.

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=1701722#1701722
    edited December 1969

My main character, Cassy, in Aiko3 form. (Subject to change as I get the hang of this :D ) With some friends ;)

Ready_to_fight.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 641K
    Monsters.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 704K
    Cassy_Pose.jpg
    902 x 870 - 381K
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    This is my latest experiment with Aiko3 - I've been trying to make a good, useable morph of Laura 3's head to Aiko's body - mostly so I can use Oshikai's excellent Retro Skirt with the Starfleet textures, but I confess I'm not that interested in making all of my Trek pix with anime characters. Since I haven't been able to locate PhilC's ShapeShifter script, which is supposed ot allow -head swapping' among Unimesh characters, I had to cook this one myself. It's still not perfect - but it's useful :-).

Look good....what size % should be used for that ship in relation to people? I could never be totally sure.

edited December 1969

Ptrope said:

Look good....what size % should be used for that ship in relation to people? I could never be totally sure.
    Wouldn't that depend on how close the people were to the ship? ... (ie "whatever looks good" ;-) ).
    edited May 2013

M F M said:
    Ptrope said:

Wouldn't that depend on how close the people were to the ship? ... (ie "whatever looks good" ;-) ).

That does not help, much. I want to have my character right up against that side doorway.

Anyhow, another shot of my character, with a friend. :D

Walk.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 554K
    Post edited by TheCastellan on
  • DaveyWDaveyW Posts: 17
    edited May 2013

Here's Aiko 3 from my first entry into the Stonemason Catalogue Contest, though it didn't get any votes I thought it was good.

Last_Stand.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 114K
    Post edited by DaveyW on
    edited December 1969

DaveyW said:
    Here's Aiko 3 from my first entry into the Stonemason Catalogue Contest, though it didn't get any votes I thought it was good.

Looks good DaveyW (^_^)d... a dark and tense moment -- the situations Aiko gets herself into... >_<.</p>
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I really render only Genesis-based stuff, as fitting clothes to non-Genesis characters drove me nuts. But somehow, over the last year, I've ended up with a bunch of Aiko 3-based characters, clothes, and a small number of poses. So, for the fun of it, I put this together, showcasing all of them.

I'll grant, Aiko 3 is definitely cute, if you use it right, and put in the work. :) There were some great characters built for her.

-- Morgan

Faces_of_Aiko3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 569K
  • Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078
    edited May 2013

I love Aiko 3, so this is my contribution to the thread. Here there is a new render with an oldie. My character Karina multi-figure (Aiko 3 version).

Note: SSS nodes were added with the EZskin script and modified by me, and the image was post worked in Photoshop. Hair by 3Dream, free kimono (sorry don't remember where I got it).

KarinaA3-1.jpg
    750 x 975 - 348K
    Post edited by Virtual_World on
    edited December 1969

...oooh, that is beautiful.

If the memory of where you found that Kimono returns, please post the link. I have the A3 Shape for Genesis and Sickle Yield's Rigging and Morphing utility. Been wanting a Kimono I can use on my namesake for years now and the Dynamic one won't work because Daz/Optitex Dynamic Clothing doesn't take well to rescaling.

edited December 1969

Wishlisted Karina ...

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Very pretty, Virtual_World !

• Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078
    edited December 1969

Thank you Kyoto Kid and Proxima Shining!

Kyoto Kid, I searched the Internet and found the link for you:

http://tullugaq.com/index.php/free/cloth/

edited December 1969

...you are most welcome, and thank you for the link. Downloading now.

• ghidghidghidghid Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Let me post my latest rendering.
    It was designed as Hollywood movie-like poster , named "Sylfie and a Dragon".
    I also love Aiko3 very much !

Sylfie_and_a_Dragon.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 167K
    edited December 1969

Very sweet!

• DaveyWDaveyW Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

Aiko 3 from second entry from the Stonemason Contest.

Gate_Keeper.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 234K